VPN IP blacklists

Author: dfss9788

Total: 5
dfss9788
Debates: 2
dfss9788
They're pretty annoying. It takes me 5+ minutes just to login by cycling servers until I happen to find one that's not blacklisted. What's the point? I'm not giving anybody my IP here. That's a deal breaker. It's not like it's Netflix where content licensing agreements are in play. Use captchas instead of blacklists if bots are a concern.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@dfss9788
A number of sock puppet accounts have popped up here that have been problematic and have uses VPN for IP spoofing so as not to be detected. While there could be a VPN black list, it’s more likely just to be that various trolls have been IP banned having been using a VPN - meaning that VPN/proxy is basically useless for everyone.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@dfss9788
Mods use ip addresses to target alt accounts I believe
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@dfss9788
Which VPN service do you use? I use NordVPN and have never had a blacklist issue on this website. Do you mean via TOR browser?

Also, it would help to reveal your IP to the mods here at least once. You could be anyone and type any illegal thing at some point, they have reason to demand to know your real IP but once you do that you should be allowed to use VPN.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@dfss9788
One piece of advice I'd give you if you're using a VPN that clearly another troll here has used  would be to avoid using US IP addresses. Most banned trolls of this website have been from either the US or India. Avoid those 2 nations when selecting the server, I'm pretty sure that'd fix quite a bit of it.

One banned user may have used Australia but I doubt it, they probably tried to appear to be from the US. VPNs default to a server near to you that is not particularly busy, avoid using the default if it keeps resulting in blacklisting.