Author: BrutalTruth

Total: 506
BrutalTruth
Debates: 2
BrutalTruth
-->
@EtrnlVw
Good assumption

What assumption? There's no such thing as a "good" assumption.

Then you got silly with this one, spirituality has been established like a road map for a very long, long time.

Not exactly. Claims have been made for a very, very long time. These claims have never been proven, hence the existence of atheists. As I said, spiritual phenomena have never been demonstrably proven to exist.
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@keithprosser
You admitted that it's not perfect, but I wanted to point out the main imperfection: Love is as much a chemical in the brain as lust is. Both are scientifically verifiable and explainable.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@BrutalTruth
spiritual phenomena have never been demonstrably proven to exist.
Yet money has value, governments have authority, and here I am living.

It seems to me that spiritual phenomina is demonstrably existent.

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@BrutalTruth
Not exactly. Claims have been made for a very, very long time. These claims have never been proven, hence the existence of atheists. As I said, spiritual phenomena have never been demonstrably proven to exist.

At what point are you ever going to consider that experiences are more than just an empty claim? I mean how many claims of something do you need to realize it's not just a claim but a reality? who or what exactly are you waiting on to so-called demonstrably prove it for you and why are you waiting for that? no secular medium or source is ever going to prove something to you they cannot touch or reach themselves anyways, you're wasting precious time in doing so and why so many forms of spirituality ARE available.
You are the key that unlocks the spiritual door not someone else, but you do have many sources to pull from to learn and apply many things. This is what I mean by cross-referencing. It is really the only form available capable of "proving" anything to you, because as you experience spirituality for yourself you will find that many, many others not only have experienced similar things but that there is a lot more to learn from and experience. Someone like me could carry you a long ways in spiritual terms but at some point you will have to get involved, instead of just rejecting everything that is related because no one has proven it to you. The facts and information are there sir, at your own dispense and your own convenience. But, you will never know what is true and what is baloney unless you participate, spirituality is not about beliefs in all honesty because of its objective nature. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@keithprosser
I am very concerned that we establish a 'common reference frame'.    Let me suggest that the difference between the physical/scientificand the spiritual is akin to the differnce between lust and love... science can explain lust but love is spiritual.   That analogy may not be perfect, but is it the sort of thing you have in mind?

What I have in mind when referring to spirituality is the reality that will still be present when you leave the physical body. The Bible labels it "spirit" and eastern religions call it consciousness. Same thing and the same reality that transcends the physical body and sense perceptions. Because there is indeed an objective reality beyond this one we have coined the term "spirit/spiritual" to convey the distinction. 

BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@EtrnlVw
At what point are you ever going to consider that experiences are more than just an empty claim?
I never said they were empty claims. I said they were unproven claims.

I mean how many claims of something do you need to realize it's not just a claim but a reality?

Argumentum ad populum. A number of people claiming something is true doesn't make it true.

who or what exactly are you waiting on to so-called demonstrably prove it for you

Evidence

and why are you waiting for that?

Because I'm not delusional.

no secular medium or source is ever going to prove something to you they cannot touch or reach themselves

Exactly. Let me share a little piece of common knowledge with you: Humans are incapable of knowing that which they cannot empirically perceive. That means the human brain literally cannot know anything at all unless it can see it, smell it, taste it, hear it, or touch it. That is a proven fact. The fact that you deny it doesn't make me wrong. It makes YOU wrong.

you're wasting precious time in doing so and why so many forms of spirituality ARE available

Nothing more than unproven claims.

You are the key that unlocks the spiritual door not someone else
More of that "you'll never know unless you believe" bullshit. Nice argument. As if the human brain has the ability to alter reality with its beliefs. Hilarious.

And the rest of your response is just more of the same garbage. Next.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Invented by man. Big deal.
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
You mean most went through a time where they rejected strawmen, yes I know I hear it all the time. Atheists never connected with whatever belief they were raised with...that is irrelevant and insubstantial TBH. There is plenty of hope left.

Argument from ignorance. Prove your point.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Yet even these gods made through man exist.

disgusted
disgusted
@ET
Four words
God worlds
You lose.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
All gods are the invention of man and don't exist.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Are you saying that inventions of men don't exist?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Work a lot harder on your reading comprehension.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
The Ultimate Reality exists.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
The Ultimate Reality exists.
When brain stops working, repeat mantra.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
That's a claim made by you and a dictionary I'll pass.
Mopac
Mopac
^
The last 2 posts are evidences and hopefully proof to some people that atheism is a delusional position.

Reality denying nihilists.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
You have over two thousand posts that contain evidence and proof you've divorced yourself from reality.
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
Why do people waste their time talking to Mopac? I mean seriously, here is his entire argument:

"A dictionary says God is reality. So since reality exists, God exists."

He's too delusional to comprehend argumentum ad dictionarium, and he has completely closed his mind off to any and all criticism of his ridiculous claims. He is the literal definition of cognitive dissonance, meaning speaking to him on this subject is a complete waste of time, and could even be classified as insanity, given the definition of insanity. Stop feeding the trolls and ignore his ass. Maybe he'll do us all a favor and go away.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@BrutalTruth
He's too delusional to comprehend argumentum ad dictionarium, and he has completely closed his mind off to any and all criticism of his ridiculous claims. He is the literal definition of cognitive dissonance, meaning speaking to him on this subject is a complete waste of time, and could even be classified as insanity, given the definition of insanity.
Yes, we're aware of that, but this forum coddles, nurtures and protects these folks, which can be observed by the fact Mopac continues to troll while other sane people are banned.

disgusted
disgusted
@twoof
You're misusing "cognitive dissonance", godists have no capacity for cognitive dissonance.

In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (psychological stress) experienced by a person who simultaneously holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values.
They have no discomfort when accepting contradictory beliefs.
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@Stephen
...Gee ..."GODS" ?   ultra super being entities show up as infants especially through illiterate VIRGIN tribal girls (Mary!)...get whipped-beaten-mutilated-burned-hanged-crucified...then get up and disappear !

So it's kind of like Bar Hopping...getting so drunk you forget everything...pass out...and wake up in a different place far from where you started !
But that is what stupid humans do...

"GOD"  ? the creator of  billions of Galaxies, trillions of worlds, black holes, massive nebulas of gas, dust, and matter where new stars and planets form......in a so called universe spanning billions of light years !   is very concerned for this spec of a planet and the psychotic obsessed HUMANS he created who love to exterminate each other over him and other GODS they invent !   REALLY...how pathetic..these GODS? are SADISTS !

So..for the GODS ? ...like EARTH...is where it's really at !  his prize creation "HUMAN" ? is a disaster...and he gets so angry with their STUPIDITY
he kills them off anyway with floods and fire ! .....and like some HEROIN ADDICT repeats this idiotic destructive cycle over and over again !

What an IDIOT these GODS are !   wasting time on this tiny spec of a planet with truly stupid self loathing and exterminating human mutants !

These HUMANS are so dedicated to some "GOD" anyone who does not accept one of them is CONDEMNED !   everyone loses...!   

Which only proves "GOD"  really does stand for ...G genius  O of   D deception....!    can't wait for the next GOD to show up !   as to not be racist
it's going to have to be a black dude !   this GOD will surely have some SOUL !    bet on arrival in DETROIT !   revival of MOTOWN assured !   

Mopac
Mopac

@brutaltruth

I know I have told you this before in vain, but I don't need the dictionary to prove what 2000 years of church tradition teaches. It is simply the easiest way to prove, like the OP states, that atheists are delusional and arbitrary.

But it isn't some of them. All atheists are delusional because they reject reality. It is built into their position.

You can hate me all you want, but I am trying to nurse people out of their delusion. You are simply here to inflate your ego. 

But I love you just the same, which is why I am wasting MY time talking to you atheists to begin with. It is certainly work for me. For you, it is fun.
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@Goldtop
Perhaps, then, this forum is a waste of time.
Mopac
Mopac
This forum certainly is a waste of time for people like brutaltruth who blocks the only person here who competently represents the theistic position and practices Orthodoxy.

Live in an echo chamber of lies. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@BrutalTruth
That's what most of the remaining members here (the ones who haven't fled yet) are trying to determine as they confront the mod team on their incompetence to run a forum and the fact crazy people are free to run amok, as you can see.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Live in an echo chamber of lies. 
Says the guy who repeats the same thing over and over, the epitome of an echo chamber. You love to describe yourself.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
I am trying to nurse people out of their delusion.
Yet, you are the one of the most deluded people here. And your delusion is an obsession that requires professional help.

Do you currently see a therapist?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@BrutalTruth
I never said they were empty claims. I said they were unproven claims.

I believe you mean the same thing TBH, correct me if I'm wrong because you dismiss them as the same. If I was wrong you wouldn't be using the term "unproven" instead you would be considering it as part of evidence to be evaluated and possibly learn from it. Because, to whom do you mean unproven? your assumption is that spirituality is unproven and therefore you don't accept it as evidence before you even give anything a try, to you they are empty claims otherwise you would put some value to it. Do you not see the circular argument? what is the difference you wish to distinguish between empty and unproven? this is why I was careful to use cross referencing when referring to spiritual experiences because "unproven" is a subjective claim, that is your perception only and at what point are you willing to learn from someone who has experienced something you have yet to?You seem to skip all my points about involvement, as to basically say you don't give a shyt. Well Brutal, that is what makes the difference. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@BrutalTruth
Let me give you an example, if you reject spirituality and religion as a whole, how will you ever know
I mean how many claims of something do you need to realize it's not just a claim but a reality?

Argumentum ad populum. A number of people claiming something is true doesn't make it true.

Is that the best you got? you are quick to dismiss it, but are not as quick to consider it. What does that say Mr. Agnostic?