Delusion In Most Atheists?

Author: BrutalTruth

Total: 506
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@BrutalTruth
 who or what exactly are you waiting on to so-called demonstrably prove it for you

Evidence

That you are dismissing without any real reasons because evidence consists of testimonies (would you like me to give you the definitions?), which is fist hand encounters so there is no reason for you to treat it like it doesn't exist, skeptical is fine but evidence exists. To you, spirituality is as good as empty claims which you denied. Otherwise you would admit there is in fact evidence. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@BrutalTruth
and why are you waiting for that?

Because I'm not delusional.

Lol, you mean you are not willing to look at facts, spiritual based facts from legit sources. You're going to wait around for some other man to prove it to you lol, good job dude. You won't listen to me about the nature of spirituality instead you want to be sarcastic and rude. Whatever.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@BrutalTruth
no secular medium or source is ever going to prove something to you they cannot touch or reach themselves

Exactly. Let me share a little piece of common knowledge with you: Humans are incapable of knowing that which they cannot empirically perceive. That means the human brain literally cannot know anything at all unless it can see it, smell it, taste it, hear it, or touch it. That is a proven fact. The fact that you deny it doesn't make me wrong. It makes YOU wrong.

Did you pay attention to anything I wrote? Go back and read it in its entirety. Conscious experience happens at many more levels than what YOU are currently aware of. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@BrutalTruth
You are the key that unlocks the spiritual door not someone else

More of that "you'll never know unless you believe" bullshit. Nice argument. As if the human brain has the ability to alter reality with its beliefs. Hilarious.
And the rest of your response is just more of the same garbage. Next.

So in other words you want to play it your way, you don't want to perceive spirituality as it is and learn new things. Fine, then just admit it and say so. I actually thought you would like that lol. You guys never cease to amaze me. 

disgusted
disgusted
@ET
For instance the loon who claims to be Napoleon must be believed because it is his personal testimony.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@disgusted
For instance the loon who claims to be Napoleon must be believed because it is his personal testimony.

Sorry Bully, I don't play your games. Show me THE claim and how many as compared to spirituality and religion. Testimonial evidences are not to be accepted until considered and proven to oneself. It's not my problem you believe Theism and spirituality to be an absurd claim. Perhaps you are not yet mature enough to evaluate claims based on their merit and intellectual worth. Then again, evaluating testimonial based evidences is not for your every day goof ball. Maybe you are not ready to look at it objectively. Sorry Old man. 
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
Why do you reject Napoleon, is it the ad populum problem you referred to?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@disgusted
Citation required. 
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
Show me THE claim and how many as compared to spirituality and religion

BrutalTruth
Debates: 2
BrutalTruth
-->
@EtrnlVw
Let me start off by saying that you're lucky I'm even responding to this, because I literally have to scroll a million times just to get your quotes because of your incessantly annoying choice to individually post each and every response you had to me, quite literally giving me a headache.

That said, here we go:

I believe you mean the same thing TBH, correct me if I'm wrong
You're wrong.

because you dismiss them as the same.
That doesn't mean they're the same. Empty claims have no value ever. Unproven claims currently have no value. 5000 years ago, when the entire human race thought the world was flat, one man claiming the world was round was an unproven claim. Back then, I'd have dismissed it the same, however, obviously he's correct. He had simply not proven it. You have a nasty habit of making assumptions. You should stop that. You might actually be correct once in a while otherwise.

If I was wrong you wouldn't be using the term "unproven" instead you would be considering it as part of evidence to be evaluated and possibly learn from it.
That literally makes no sense at all. An unproven claim is not evidence... wtf are you on about? If you had any verifiable, non-speculative evidence at all for your claims, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Because, to whom do you mean unproven?
To anyone whom has not empirically perceived proof.

your assumption is that spirituality is unproven and therefore you don't accept it as evidence before you even give anything a try
For starters, spirituality being unproven isn't an assumption. It's a fact. Secondly, accept spirituality as evidence? So you want me to accept a claim as evidence itself? And you say you're not delusional? Dude, are you alright? Do you need some help? Or are you just trolling here?

to you they are empty claims otherwise you would put some value to it.
A claim is not evidence. Spirituality has no demonstrable evidence to support it, therefore it is an unproven claim. If you want to contest the words I'm using, then break out a dictionary and prove them incorrect.

Do you not see the circular argument?
Nope.

what is the difference you wish to distinguish between empty and unproven? 
See quote #2 in this post

this is why I was careful to use cross referencing when referring to spiritual experiences because "unproven" is a subjective claim, that is your perception only and at what point are you willing to learn from someone who has experienced something you have yet to?
If you expect me to take someone's word for it when they tell me invisible pink unicorns exist, then you're not only delusional, but an utter idiot as well.

You seem to skip all my points about involvement, as to basically say you don't give a shyt.
No, I simply prove them invalid, and you proceed to ignore the proof. That's not my fault. Talking to you is like talking to a child who believes in Santa Clause. "Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing." And then you show him a globe and utterly prove that the north poll is uninhabitable, and he's all like "magicks!" You really need to take a class on reality.

Is that the best you got?
You're saying I need to do more than prove your argument fallacious in order to defeat it? Well now I guess you also need a class on debate.

That you are dismissing without any real reasons because evidence consists of testimonies
Testimonies are not evidence. If they were, argumentum ad populum wouldn't be a logical fallacy. It would in fact be a valid argument. A million trillion zillion people could claim that hands and feet don't exist, and yet they would all still be wrong. You don't seem to grasp this concept. You don't seem to grasp what evidence and proof is at all. It leads me to question your presence here on a debate  website.

which is fist hand encounters so there is no reason for you to treat it like it doesn't exist, skeptical is fine but evidence exists. To you, spirituality is as good as empty claims which you denied. Otherwise you would admit there is in fact evidence. 
Present this evidence and I'll admit it. Keep insisting that a claim is evidence and I'll keep calling you an idiot.

Lol, you mean you are not willing to look at facts, spiritual based facts from legit sources.
What facts? Show me these facts, and explain why these sources are "legit."

Did you pay attention to anything I wrote?
I did indeed. I don't respond to things I haven't read.

So in other words you want to play it your way, you don't want to perceive spirituality as it is and learn new things.
If spirituality were proven to exist, I'd love to learn about it. However, I don't believe in Santa Clause anymore dude. I'm a grown up now. Grown ups usually require proof of things existing in order to believe they do. If Santa Clause wants to come shake my hand, I'll believe he exists.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@BrutalTruth
Let me start off by saying that you're lucky I'm even responding to this, because I literally have to scroll a million times just to get your quotes because of your incessantly annoying choice to individually post each and every response you had to me, quite literally giving me a headache.

Well that was due to your incessantly annoying responses, rather than running out of characters I'd figure I'd give each of your special responses an individual space. But now that I've read your first line you will be lucky if I read the rest. Actually I won't, I'll waste my time later and wish you a pleasant new year. 

That said, here we go:

Sorry don't bother, you bored me to death with the first line. Let me know when you have something new. 
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
How are you getting along with Napoleon and his testimonial EVIDENCE?
Any claim made by anyone is evidence in your delusional world and must be believed.
But once again ET runs away whimpering and claiming victory.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I believe in tutankhamun.
Goldtop
Goldtop
you're not only delusional, but an utter idiot as well.

Talking to you is like talking to a child who believes in Santa Clause

Keep insisting that a claim is evidence and I'll keep calling you an idiot.

You don't seem to grasp what evidence and proof is at all. It leads me to question your presence here on a debate  website
Unfortunately, that's the intellectual best you'll get from ET, and as you can see from his response, he's incapable of rising above it.
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@EtrnlVw
Don't worry, I definitely won't have anything new for you, seeing as how I wasted 30-45 minutes of my time hashing out a response to that clusterfuck you gave me and you're not even gunna respond to it. You're going on the block list. Done with that. You're really a waste of time to debate with anyway, because you have no concept of what evidence is, nor proof, nor even logical fallacies. I can see why you don't do formal debates. You'd have your ass handed to you by anyone with half a brain.
BrutalTruth
BrutalTruth
-->
@Goldtop
Yeah I'm getting that. It annoys me a bit, but it doesn't necessarily discourage me from shutting down his arguments. Him practically ignoring a response I was kind enough to take the time to write out for him, however, earns him a place on the block list.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@BrutalTruth
it doesn't necessarily discourage me from shutting down his arguments
If you continue to shut down his arguments, he will run crying to the mod team that you're harassing and stalking him. Has he talked about his time spent on other planets in other galaxies talking with the Overlords that reside there? That should get you laughing.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
I say that I accept reality as it truly is as God.

The atheist says God doesn't exist.

What is that supposed to mean?
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Mopac
What you "accept" as God and what God truly is may be two different things. Have you thought of that?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I'm sure he is trying to convey that "God" is the Ultimate Reality because It is the only reality or even conscious reality that exists that has full knowledge and omnipresence over all of creation and beyond (whatever beyond means), in other words the Ultimate Reality cannot be missing anything it is a full state of Reality as it truly is.  And of course this would be true, and is true obviously and I don't think any real Theist would deny that the Creator is an "Ultimate Reality" but what Mopac doesn't understand or refuses to accept is that it only works for those who accept God as existing, because the term is self-evident. But it doesn't mean squat to an atheist or someone who has not accepted the reality of God. If you have accepted the reality of God, then there is no real reason to reject it, it's not a complicated theory. It just means there is no reality more real than God, every other thing that manifests out of that reality is only a part or piece of that. Although I doubt Mopac would explain that way it's basically what it means. But like I said, there's no reason for anyone to accept it without first embracing a Theistic viewpoint.

janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
We don' know what Ultimate reality consists of, and what part God plays in that. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
We don' know what Ultimate reality consists of, and what part God plays in that.

Perhaps, perhaps not, it's more of a commonsense thing really. Following that frame of thought, everything is within the Ultimate Reality. It is what encompasses all of creation as a whole and possesses full unrestricted knowledge and awareness. It's almost the same as saying "omnipresent" TBH.
I would say God doesn't play a part in it, God IS it. It is the only Reality that experiences reality as it truly is. I know it sounds kinda generic, just trying to make sense of the term for you.

Goldtop
Goldtop
just trying to make sense of the term for you.

Lol. Adding the term "Ultimate" to the term "Reality" makes as much sense as painting flames on the side of your car to make it go faster.
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
I understand what you're saying, and what Mopac is saying. I just don't think humans have enough information, and possibly the lack of comprehensive ability, to know what the Utimate reality consists of. Who knows? Conscious entities may be late players in the game. I may send you a link of my earlier thoughts on this.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I agree, I don't think anyone is claiming we know what the Ultimate Reality consists of, but we know there is one and we know what it means at least. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
@janesix
In other words, the only argument an atheist has is semantics.

I know what God is The Ultimate Reality. 

The people who fight me on this are insisting that a salmon is a type of bush. Ni, I'm talking about a fish, not a bush. No amount of insisting otherwise will change that.

I actually know a great deal about where the atheist is coming from than I am given credit. They are coming from a position of delusion. What actually confuses matters is the theists who debate this and give the atheist an inch as if their position wasn't hopeless from the beginning. There is no chance of God not existing, the defining characteristic of God is existing. If your conception of God doesn't exist, it doesn't fulfill the definition of God.

And all atheists can do is debate straw men gods that no one believes in. To anyone with a sense of discernment they give themselves away as gaving adopted a hopelessly arbitrary and deluded position.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Atheists are not deluded. 

Some are indoctrinated into materialism. 

Some are rational thinkers who have decided there isn't enough evidence for God.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
Some are indoctrinated into materialism. 
It's stunning when theists say those who don't support myths and superstitions are indoctrinated.

Reality is an indoctrination. Lol.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
Nearly everyone has been indoctrinated as a child to some belief. For some, it was materialism.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
Nearly everyone has been indoctrinated as a child to some belief. For some, it was materialism.
For many, it was Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

And, then they grew up... well.... most of them grew up. Some have yet to do so.