What do you believe and why?

Author: secularmerlin

Total: 303
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
I always find that a good place to start is finding out what you believe.
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
I believe that pineapple is delicious on top of pizza, and this metaphysical fact is grounded in a priori truth.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
The world is shit and God left us.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Smithereens
LOL, I agree especially when you replace the tomato sauce with BBQ sauce! 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Smithereens
Amen. Preach it brother .
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
Which god are we discussing?
Earth
Earth
-->
@secularmerlin
Any God I suppose.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
I'm sorry but did you mean to say that there is no reas9n to believe that any god(s) exist?

Earth
Earth
-->
@secularmerlin
No, I mean that if God exists, he isn't very interested in us.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
How does a disinterested god differ from no god when viewed from our perspective 
Earth
Earth
-->
@secularmerlin
Probably none.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
So there is no reason to believe that any god(s) exist?
Earth
Earth
-->
@secularmerlin
Well, there are reasons to believe a God exists. Are they competent? Maybe.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
What reason is there to believe that some god(s) exist, especially if the god(s) in question are disinterested enpigh in the universe at large that it is not discernibly different from our perspective than if there were no god at all?
Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@Earth
what was your ddo name?
Earth
Earth
-->
@Smithereens
Geographia
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Smithereens
*shakes fist angrily*

you scoundrel, you cantankerous cur!
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Do you bite your thumb at smithereens?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
He, and all you pineapple on pizza rascals, are ninny's and i indeed bite my thumb at you 😤

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
What do you believe are suitable pizza toppings and why?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
That doesn't matter, pineapple is the topic of concern, and pineapple doesnt even get put on a standard fruit pizza. Yet you sully actual pizza with its presence? Not even other fruit want it involved 😤
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
The actual subject is what you believe and why. You've shared what you believe aboit pineapple on pizza now how about a why.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
>its not even on fruit pizza, 

😂

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
I could easily remedy that by making a fruit pizza and adding pineapple. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
My god, you fiend 😂

Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@Buddamoose
Most of the aversion to pineapple on top of pizza that I've seen has basically come down to mock outrage via internet memology. Basically, some people spread memes exaggerating the travesty of pineapple on pizza and others made it viral for humour. This led to people taking it more seriously than they ought and so they ascended the first tier of meme irony -taking the meme at face value.

When you step back to when the meme wasn't a big deal online, you find that nobody really cared if pineapple was put on pizza and many even preferred it. Pineapple categorically belongs on pizza as this is the next phase of it's evolution, and progress must not be denied. Heretic. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
What do you think is the source of your extreme ananaphobia?

27 days later

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@secularmerlin
That we live in a finite, occupied space Universe and I also identify that as God or the cosmos.

Since the finite, occupied space Universe, must be embraced/surrounded by macro-infinite,meetaphysical-2, non-occupied space.

We also have metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts, that, have to be included in the outline/mix of God/Cosmos.

To do this, we adjust that identity of God/Universe as "U"niverse/"G"od  to be the  most cosmically wholistically inclusive set for consideration.

0} "U"niverse/"G"od" Cosmic Outline/List aka the Cosmic Trinity or Cosmic Hierarchy 

...01} spirit-1{ spirit-of-intent } metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts,

------------------------conceptual line-of-demarcation---------------------------

...02} metaphysical-2, macro-infinite, non-occupied space, that, surrounds/embracess the following,

..03} finite, occupied space Universe/God aka Uni-V-erse.

The above is the initial cosmic trinity and has a subset trinity as follows;

020} finite occupied space Universe/God,

.....02} spirit-2, physical/energy as fermions and bosons  ---there may exist a newer 3rd category in addition to these two ergo another subset trinity--  that aggregate as atoms, molecules, biologicals, planets etc,

.....03} spirit-3, metaphysical-3 ( ultr-micro } gravity ---positive shaped geodesic curvature associated with a torus---,

.....04} spirit-4, meta-physical-4 { ultra-micro } dark energy ----negative shaped geodesic curvature associated with a torus--.

Two or more occupied space tori are associated with every particle of Universe. We may understand 2D holography ideas via the internal body of each torus being associated directly with the outer positive shaped  ( ) gravity ( ) surface and the inner negative shaped )(  dark energy )( surface.

Jacob Bekenstien was the initial mathematician to discover that what is inside a black hole is expressed on its surface.  Leonard Susskind via string theory and conformal theory ideas comes to similar conclusion via a tube example.

My tube is a torus and the internal body is a sine-wave pattern /\/\/ or as ^v^v, that, is resultant of inversions from the peak of the outer, positive shaped curvature ( ) as gravity ( ), and,  the peak of the inner, negative shaped curvature )(, as dark energy )(.

I use these two texticons > and < to visualize these inversions from peak of curvatures ergo if we were to generalize these most basic tori of Universe to the greater Universe on whole, we could envision the following T-shirt logo;

SPACE (><)(><) SPACE i.e. a vertical bisection of a torus with inversions { >< } from peak of curvature.

If we were to include bilateral consciousness { * * } and access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts { i }, then the logo would look more like this;

SPACE(>*<) i (>*<) SPACE

The resultant sine-wave pattern inside the tori, as the body of the tori, also represent physical/energy ergo reality we observe ergo observed time { t } via our bilateral, nervous system consciousness { * * }.

With that in mind we can visualize the T-shirt  logo this way S(t) i (t)S.  Just be sure not to include and 'h' anywhere in there. :--)

Again, I believe our dynamically fluctuating, finite, occupied space Universe/God is composed of an ultra-high number of these dynamic, fluctuating, overlapping and interfering tori.

As Fuller states, start with the greatest cosmic whole and no parts can be left out. If the exists a raitonal, logical common sense set that is more inclusive than mine, as stated, I'm not aware of it, and now one ---in 20 years-- has made any attempt to offer or identify a more wholistic set.

My beliefs start with the greatest whole set and include the most primitive basic set. All else falls with that set.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@mustardness
Fuller says? So This is an argument from authority?
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@secularmerlin
Fuller says? So This is an argument from authority?

Yeah, I was paraphrasing Bucky Fuller. You and I have had this converstation before.

Sure, Fuller is authority of some things and not others. Sure new information is always occurring and he has been dead for 35 years.

He offers his geometric version of a cosmic hierarchy.

Does Secular Martin have a cosmic viewpoint?  Can Secular Martin layout any cosmic viewpoint in an outline, list or heirarchy?

Cosmic { most generalized macro-set } >< Special-case { most narrowly specific micro-set }.

I don't recall your ever having a cosmic viewpoint. I believe Fuller has more authority and concepts involving on more issues/topisc than Secular Martin does.  Who is to say what the truth is in those regards?