Professor Jordan Peterson

Author: Benjamin

Total: 93
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
It went from nothing to nothing, you think what I said is complicated? Man are you going to have a tough life.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
I never said life was easy, I said it isn't complicated. Ya'll seem to think because something is hard to do makes it complicated. Its hard to dig a grave but it aint complicated. Its hard to get up every morning and go to work but it aint complicated. Its hard to deal with assholes but it aint complicated. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
Yes it takes one second to stop using drugs, the fact it is hard and  that you suffer is irrelevant, it isnt complicated.
sadolite
sadolite
So basically if over coming any obstacle in life isn't easy, then its complicated, does that about some it up?
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@sadolite
I think some obstacles are hard for people, because they find them complicated,
Or at least more faceted, than do, or do not.

There's ways to go about the doing, sometimes a variety of 'reasons, why a person finds themselves unable 'to 'do.
People don't always see how to do, what's preventing them from doing, or 'why doing doesn't feel fulfilling enough.

Sometimes lining up all the needed requirements 'to do feels overwhelming for them.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Lemming
I would say apathy and laziness are the reasons people find simple things complicated. There really is nothing about living that is complicated. Convincing people to believe  BS, now that's complicated because one has to remember all their lies and BS to keep your their strait over time. I find that complicated, Id rather just shit on peoples feelings and tell the truth. I don't have to remember any BS. Unwillingness, for what ever reason, to solve simple problems is just self inflicted misery. If that's the case, I could care less about their  problems.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@sadolite
Well, for 'basic day to day life, 'may 'be you're right, and I'm overcomplicating the thought.
But with people living different lives, having different aspirations, values, situations, connections.
I 'think life gets complicated now and then for most of us, sometimes a fair bit for some people.

Eh, 'overall, I might agree with you though, still pondering.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Lemming
Life has sometimes been hard for me at times, but never complicated. The solution to every problem I have ever faced in life was getting off my ass and doing something about it like getting a different job or another job, stop behaving in a way that caused the problem or ridding the source of the problem from my life all together. Never once did I sit there and wonder how I would solve the problem for more than 5 minutes. But I did let problems fester because of laziness and apathy. Never complicated.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@sadolite
Unwillingness, for what ever reason, to solve simple problems is just self inflicted misery. 
That may explain why American progressive liberals are so miserable.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Benjamin
He is a human that a lot of humans vibe with... that's about it. He's still human and flawed. The beauty of character. He is a good salesperson and personality, that should be obvious as to his skills. But his "words" ... some true some i laugh at, just like everyone else. 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
It went from nothing to nothing, you think what I said is complicated? Man are you going to have a tough life.
No, I think it’s oversimplified.

I never said life was easy, I said it isn't complicated. Ya'll seem to think because something is hard to do makes it complicated. Its hard to dig a grave but it aint complicated. Its hard to get up every morning and go to work but it aint complicated. Its hard to deal with assholes but it aint complicated. 
You’re just talking in oversimplified generalisations.

What grave would you be digging? Don’t lie and say you know the methodology of gravediggers. It’s more complicated than you would think.
I agree with the getting up and going to work part unless there’s underlying conditions which would make it more complicated. 
What if the asshole is your boss and you need to figure a way to manoeuvre around him or her? Again, it becomes more complicated. Not everyone has an option to quit. 

Yes it takes one second to stop using drugs, the fact it is hard and  that you suffer is irrelevant, it isnt complicated.
 And you know how drug addiction works in all its nuances? I doubt it. 

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
His argument of life being simple 'is a bit oversimplified I think,
One could say maybe, he's making life simple only if people choose minimum simple lifestyle.
But I don't think your post quite 'offers constructive conversation,

Remark such as,
"And you know how drug addiction works in all its nuances? I doubt it." - Reece101

Comes off as condescending and dismissive, I 'think.

Though I 'do think drug addiction medically, situationally, psychologically, is complicated.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
"And you know how drug addiction works in all its nuances? I doubt it. "  I used to be addicted to drugs like  acid, cocaine, marijuana, They wreaked havoc on my life. I quit, it wasn't complicated.  Try as you may to argue life is complicated, you wont be able to. Like I said before, just because something is difficult to do doesn't make it complicated.  I find it difficult to motivate my self to do the simplest of tasks, does it make all those tasks complicated? Is being a procrastinating fuck off complicated? No. I am procrastinating right now. I should be doing something else useful. I wont be doing  algebra and calculous thou, that shit is complicated. 

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
You just quit cold turkey? By the way the substance of LSD is non-addictive. And from what I’ve read cocaine isn’t an easy drug to get addicted to. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
Yes I quit cold turkey. LSD is psychologicly addicting just like mamajuana. Physical withdrawal symptoms are only part of quitting drugs. Got rid of every person in my life that used drugs to. Its the only way, that includes family if they do use drugs. Friends and family who use drugs are your worst fucking enemy.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
It’s a good thing you weren’t addicted to more lethal drugs. 

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
There are things in life that are far worse than death.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
By lethal drugs I meant addictive drugs that can kill you if you quit cold turkey. 

There are things in life that are far worse than death.
If you want to get all depressed about it. What do you mean exactly?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
Living in tyranny
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
Is Joe too much? 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
Joe doesn't even know what's going on. Someone else is running the show. They are to much.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
I actually have pity for Joe. My father had Alzheimer disease.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
What is going on?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
I don't wish to engage with you about  the state of the state or Joe Biden. Everything is just great, prosperity everywhere.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Benjamin
what controversial messages? Dude is on every podcast in existence
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
Often as difficult as one cares to make them.

Independence can be both a curse and a blessing.

Obviously not a curse for Sadolite.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@zedvictor4
The world isn’t black and white. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
Interesting thought.

Without eyes, would the world be any colour at all?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
"The world isn’t black and white."  The problem with that philosophy is the complete inability to make any decisions or get anything done. The insane world we have today would be a perfect example. I live a black and white life. Shit works or it doesn't. People who want  to do shit that doesn't work should be eliminated and banned  from any decision making that may affect other peoples lives. They are basically a cancer to progress and efficiency. They are the do the same thing over and over again brain dead. Things are black and white, your feelings are the color. We all know what happens when feelings are used to make decisions and solve problems. Horrendous decisions and problems multiplied.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
Are you pro-vaccine mandate or are your feelings getting in the way?