Professor Jordan Peterson

Author: Benjamin

Total: 93
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
You are describing a world with no black or white principles. Where every atrocity can be justified.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
I am pro science when it comes to medicine. Taking a vaccine or not taking it is not a political decision or a ideological stance. I find it stupid you would even ask the question. How I take care of myself is none of your fucking business.  Just as how you do is none of my fucking business. There is no virtue or moral standing in taking a vaccine. I don't take  medical advice from the govt or anyone who works for the govt, only a fucking fool would do that. Govt has never had my best interests in mind and not now and not ever.  You can inject mercury into your blood steam with the belief it will cure every disease and ailment on earth, see if I give a fuck. None of my fucking business. I accept all the dangers and risks of being alive, what I wont do is cater to your fears because you cant. If you cant, kill yourself so the rest of us who can can live happy prosperous life. To answer you question directly, I am indifferent to any vaccine, you wanna pump your system full of vaccines be my guest, but don't tell anyone else they have to or use the gun barrel of govt to force anyone to. Is that what you would do? Force people at gun point or threaten their livelihoods if they don't take vaccines?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Greyparrot
Uh I think I said just the opposite. The world is black and white. Its  feelings that give it color and the inability to solve any problem.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
I was agreeing.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Greyparrot
Yes, I had to re read what you wrote, A world with "NO" Black and white. My bad.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
I don’t know. It just seems to me your arguments are emotionally charged. Not a stable genius. 

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
You would be dead wrong about my emotions having any influence.  My feelings mean nothing, they are for my mother, wife and children.  The world could not give a shit how I feel about anything.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
Man you’re really bumming me out.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
Maybe its because you let your feelings rule your thinking process.  I have said nothing that would justify any kind of emotional response. I see the world for what it is and live around it. I don't wring my hands wishing it would change. I am just one man with zero power. History shows no society ever lasts, this one wont either. It will collapse and all those who are dependent will suffer and die the most. As old as time itself. Then a new society will be born from the ashes and the cycles starts all over again with each subsequent generation doing its part to destroy it with its never ending sense of entitlement and tyranny. The weak and entitled always destroy the strong and independent via education and govt for they can not stand on their own ideas but rather indoctrinate and subjugate by lying their way into power. The weak entitled man can not survive without plundering the strong independent mans fruits of labor.
sadolite
sadolite

Only a very few individuals learn  from history that societies learn nothing from history.

I didn't put it in quotes because I changed it to what I think is more accurate.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
Jordan has really done a number on you.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Good statement.

Societies learn what societies are taught,

And the curriculum varies little.

And wise people tend to go unheard,

In their thoughtful caves.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
"Jordan has really done a number on you." What the fuck are you talking about? These are my thoughts based on my own observations and the study of history and civilizations.  I defy you to show me a single civilization that hasn't collapsed. Name a single one. America is going to collapse when it cant print anymore money by selling debt. The US dollar in any real terms of fiscal truth is utterly fucking worthless. We as a society are nearing the end of trillion dollar deficit spending and when that happens, everyone who relies on govt will starve to death. The depression that is coming will make 1929 look like the age of prosperity.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
There are plenty of civilisations that have stood the test of time including the most famous one in North Africa and two big ones in Asia.
I distinguish between decline and collapse (abolished). There are many in Europe too. I’m no expert but those are the obvious ones. 

I think you need a break from what you’ve been doing that got you into this mindset. It’s not healthy. 

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
Any example you give is just a reborn society, they all collapsed. I am not saying America will cease to exist, I am saying it will fiscally collapse and untold millions will suffer and die "The closer to a societal collapse the crazier and more tyrannical the laws become." Looking around me and the laws that have been passed, Id say we are pretty much there.  
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
You might be conflating civilisation with empire.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
Long ago, the dinosaurs lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the giant meteor attacked.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
You might be splitting hairs. Empires, civilizations they are all comprised of people.  When shit hits the fan, no one cares what you call it when you are starving to death and have all means and ability to feed yourself made impossible because of the shitty leadership of your fucked up empire or civilization.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Lemming
And birds are still dinosaurs. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
Was meant more as a joke, than serious, but 'bit serious.

I'm more of sadolite's mind, of civilizations falling.
Though semantics 'can be argued.

"It is our will that this state shall endure for a thousand years. We are happy to know that the future is ours entirely!" -Some Politician
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
You define civilisation very narrowly. Your criteria for a collapsed civilisation is a failed government/famine. Civilisation is more than just governorship. It’s also a shared cultural identity. This is why I think you’re conflating civilisation with empire. 

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Lemming
I’m not arguing that no civilisations have collapsed. Sadolite is arguing the opposite, that all civilisations have fallen. 
I said to him I distinguish between decline and collapse. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
Fair point,
But even the idea of 'all civilizations collapsing, isn't novel.

"Virtually all civilizations have suffered such a fate, regardless of their size or complexity, but some of them later revived and transformed, such as China, India, and Egypt. However, others never recovered, such as the Western and Eastern Roman Empires, the Mayan civilization, and the Easter Island civilization.[1] Societal collapse is generally quick[1] but rarely abrupt.[2] However, some cases involve not a collapse but only a gradual fading away, such as the British Empire since 1918.[3]"

"Look on my Worksye Mighty, and despair!" - Ozymandias
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Lemming
Can we agree that a civilisation is more than an empire? 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
'Maybe,
I don't understand the words and definitions well enough to have a strong opinion.

"A civilization state is a country that represents not just a historical territory, ethnolinguistic group, or body of governance, but a unique civilization in its own right.[1] It is distinguished from the concept of a nation state by describing a country's dominant sociopolitical modes as constituting a category larger than a single nation. When classifying states as civilization states, emphasis is often placed on a country's historical continuity and cultural unity across a large geographic region."

Are the Amish a civilization?

Certainly, they're a society, I'd imagine.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Lemming
From my understanding the Amish have small tight knit communities with practiced doctrine that is the antithesis to civilisation when it comes to technological advancement. 

But yeah, they’re a society.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
What ever, things are fine. life for everyone will be great until the end of time.

sadolite
sadolite
I'll just leave this article about Jordan Peterson here Bwhahahahahahah  Vindication

Get some popcorn, sit back and watch the the lying sack of shit, damage control, spin show that is to come.  Bwhahahjahahahahahahahahahahahahah Shit Mountain Dew came out of my nose.
sadolite
sadolite
You either understand history or trust govt, you cant do both.  Govt runs the schools now. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
Not sure that dinosaur life was harmonious.