Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
To persevere in times of strife
To never lose our heart

“Turn it off”

To show to others the good and right
Of our great hegemon!

“I SAID TURN THAT SHIT OFF!”

The viewer went blank, leaving the room and the six individuals within in an awkward silence that seemed to last for hours. Finally the one that had called the meeting spoke again.

“So… that was our message of inspiration against oppression?”

No response

“We hijacked a relay tower and held innocent people at gunpoint to broadcast to all of Elpizo the FUCKING ODIGOS ANTHEM?!”

There was another long pause before another spoke up.

“Someone had to have switched the data chip. Someone that had access to the lockbox before the mission, we were all there when it was put in. Only two people had the lockbox code. The two people that needed the code for the mission.”

Accusing stares. More silence.

Mission One Result: Failure by sabotage
Spy score: 1/3
Resistance score: 0/3

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Earth
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
Mission Two

The Alliance of New Hope Is still reeling from the recent embarrassment that was it’s most recent mission. Internally trust between various factions of the movement has diminished. Externally many foreign backers have withdrawn financial support due to a perceived lack of leadership competence. The fact that the Odigos propaganda machine has been working overtime to capitalize on the situation has not helped. The military has taken full advantage of this situation to make a series of high-profile arrests of various southern province nobility suspected of conspiring with the resistance that would normally be too powerful to touch. To make matters worse, most of the nobles in question are actually guilty and until now were incredibly valuable to the resistance. The Alliance of New Hope plans on rescuing these prisoners and helping them escape to the western continent. Doing so would not just be a huge embarrassment to the more conservative elements of the military that ordered these arrests and the Hegemony as a whole, but also send the message that friends of the resistance will be repaid with loyalty.

The first mission leader for this mission is Ilikepie5. Three players are needed for the next mission.

Player list:

1) Earth
2) IlikePie5
3) Oromagi
4) RationalMadman
5) SupaDudz
6) Whiteflame

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@Vader
@whiteflame
The resistance fights on.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Thanks Spies. Bad move lol.
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
Earth and Supa is the team, I will predict it now. The reason I am sure of this is that the last second post Supa made, made no sense to bother making. It was filler.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Whiteflame is probably resistance because the way he talked to Earth about not needing to pick him, in WF's first post, isn't how partners would likely interact.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I will vote no to this team if whiteflame isn't on it. I will also vote no if supa is on it. Put me on this team, I beg you let me prove I am resistance. Earth's entry into Mission one forum thread was scummy as fuck, he asked a totally pointless why question and put himself on the team to frame me.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
How about we compromise. I don’t want you to be on the team but you have suggested players

Me, Oro, and WF.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Scum/Spies
Earth
Supa?

Resistance
Me (but scumread by all for result of mission one)
Whiteflame

Oro and Pie both active but not sure how to read that activity, seems towny overall to me.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
I don't know, really.

The partner voting to rush him and me is also plausible, I just don't buy into it being WF due to how WF spoke in his first post and even in general. The way WF was sitting back after the conflict with me and then okay with Earth and me also added up to him being resistance.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't know, really.

The partner voting to rush him and me is also plausible, I just don't buy into it being WF due to how WF spoke in his first post and even in general. The way WF was sitting back after the conflict with me and then okay with Earth and me also added up to him being resistance.

You sadly cannot be on any Mission anymore. We have a chance to find the 3 resistance
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Do whatever, I am clueless at this point. As in, I was so hyped for a mission success thanks to how aggressively I got myself on the team, that I was ready for a situation here where we (resistance) could gamble.

I don't like not being on the team for blatant reasons (we are talking 3/4 chance of failure) but I totally get your logic and read you as resistance overall.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Mission Proposal Voting

Mission: Jailbreak
Mission Leader: ILikePie5
Mission team: ILikePie5, Oromagi, and Whiteflame

Yes votes: none yet(0/3)
No votes: none yet (0/3)
Not voting: Everyone
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Alright, to start, I think it's clear that, at least for this round and likely for the next, both Earth and RM are off of any missions. By PoE, at least one of them is a spy and we have enough people to be able to test the rest, at least to some degree. It's going to be trouble going into Mission 3 because it's more likely than not that there is a spy among the people who did not go on Mission 1 (it's pretty unlikely that both spies were on that team), and 4 people have to be sent on Mission 3, meaning that we're likely to get a spy in that set if we don't scrutinize Earth and RM.

I will point out that, while Earth appeared to be a random pick in the last round, it was Pie who suggested him. Not saying that that necessarily puts Pie in the  crosshairs, especially considering that Earth's response to RM suggesting a Pie/RM team was "Why?" Doesn't seem like the kind of response someone would give to having their spy partner put on the mission.

RM suggested himself, which could be a move for either side.

Just things to think about. It's late and I'm going to bed, so I'll pick this up in the AM.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Also, I'll consider the vote. At the moment, that looks like the best option, though my suspicions of Supa are slimmer than RM's. I have no trouble with Oro, I'm just thinking a bit on Pie. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
If you leave me out of the mission it's 3/4 chance of failure.

It's actually better for us to have discussed and made a concrete conclusion on who between Earth and myself is the fake (even if the rest say they think it's both Earth and myself, which I know for sure it isn't).

Pie rushing the suggestion seems shady af to me, lots of talking = lots of opportunities for tells.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I will just abstain from voting as I don't hate the team but sure don't think it's a good idea to rush this phase.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
I will point out that, while Earth appeared to be a random pick in the last round, it was Pie who suggested him. Not saying that that necessarily puts Pie in the  crosshairs, especially considering that Earth's response to RM suggesting a Pie/RM team was "Why?" Doesn't seem like the kind of response someone would give to having their spy partner put on the mission.
It truly was random. If you were #1 I’d have advocated for you and RM
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
It's actually better for us to have discussed and made a concrete conclusion on who between Earth and myself is the fake (even if the rest say they think it's both Earth and myself, which I know for sure it isn't).
Problem is that there’s no way to confirm you even if you are on the team.

I’m inclined to believe you over Earth because going Spy in the first round is practically suicidal based on the odds. This next round can give us more info because it can give us a confirmed Resistance who will be on every team moving forward, or a resistance decisions followed by the same 3 people going again with one out of RM/Earth/X
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
In the interests of having credibility later on when it matters strongly who is trusted between Earth and myself, I will discuss my Bio given to me.

I am aware that the spies got cover bios, as said in previous thread, however I want to point out multiple things just in case Disc had an unintended pattern and others can relate who are Resistance.

• Grew up as an orphan
  • I was aforementioned orphan growing up at the Scrogian Scorgian - Odigos war
  • Affiliated with criminal organizations
  • joined local chapter of Scorgian Cartel at age of 14 in 875 NEC
  • The Scorgian campaign oppressed the organization (the Cartel) and I had to flee.
  • My original usage was as a drug runner (likely to conflict with a spy's fake bio, not with another resistance member most probably)
  • I then became a weapons smuggler for a big operation after being contacted by the contacted by Scorgian Insurgency in 884.
  • I successfully completed the weapons smuggling and used my resulting rebel contacts to join the Alliance of New Hope in 888
  • I joined it for the predictable desire to oppose the system I saw as corrupt that had ruined both my childhood (implying it's linked to my parents abandoning me or dying) and the said clamp down on criminal organizations screwing me over.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
  • I was aforementioned orphan growing up at the Scrogian Scorgian - Odigos war
Scorgian border* during the war
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Who went on the mission last round
Vader
Vader
Wait, why aren't we suspect of Oromagi, WF, and Pie? If they went on the mission and it failed, it means one of them drew the fail card.
Vader
Vader
Also don't you find it odd how RM very quickly jumped to call out Earth and I when I wasn't even online today expect for that post. Almost seems like he's trying to frame

I know the basic rules and can use some metas from mafia, but it seems suspect to me, am I right?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Na,i'm just a very skilled reader.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The 'why' from Earth made no sense to ask as Resistance.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Wait, why aren't we suspect of Oromagi, WF, and Pie? If they went on the mission and it failed, it means one of them drew the fail card.
If you are resistance it 100% fails from your POV, not probably but definitely unless you think that both Earth and me are spies.

It should not be an 'if' for you but a 'will fail' with assurance if you're resistance.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I vote no

I very much like how Supadudz suspected me here and the reasoning as to why. The fact his attention went primarily there and only after that to the team as well as him not voting no is all very indicative of genuine reaction rather than planned response.

I think the team is Oro and Earth now.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Supa hadn't even realised he should be 100% against the team, he just saw them and went 'why aren't we suspecting them' then revealed his main focus was on me being scummy.

This is very towny thought process.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Mission Proposal Voting

Mission: Jailbreak
Mission Leader: ILikePie5
Mission team: ILikePie5, Oromagi, and Whiteflame

Yes votes: none yet(0/3)
No votes: none yet (0/3)