Proof capitalism is evil

Author: Wylted

Total: 22
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I am just going to periodically post evidence capitalism is evil. I used to have faith in it, but I keep seeing shit like the following and this is pretty much every single fortune 500 company

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
Clearly, you voting and preaching right-wing is the way to end Capitalism.

Great plan.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Capitalism is a tool.  No tool is inherently evil.  Only humans have morality and only humans can violate any moral code.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Doesn't it reward the most evil people though?

I have met some wealthy athletes. They seem like normal people, but my interactions with millionaires haven't been good. 

My foster dad was a millionaire. Very abusive and mean. 

My latest employer, I saw how he exploited drug addicts . Targeting them for hiring so he could be as abusive as he wanted, knowing that nobody else would hire them for the amount he did. 

When the sickest people start to rise to the top of these hierarchies than I think it might be time to start questioning the system. 

Wylted
Wylted
I am starting to think we need labor unions and heavy handed regulations to reign in this evil. 

We shouldn't have to need that, though
Wylted
Wylted
How the system is set up now, it won't work though.  Corporations are basically writing policies for politicians. They used to have larger staff to be able to avoid that, but now they don't.  We need congress and senate to have a large budget for the staff of each politician, so they can actually get corporations out of the habit of writing policy proposals in a way that only benefits them and most certainly harms smaller competitors who have no lobbying power in washington
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
Natural hierarchy inevitably develops hierarchical systems based around power and wealth.

There are basically two systems available.

So which one is the lesser of the two evils?

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Capitalism is not evil in of itself. Capitalism just enables greed to be used and greed is the evil thing here, not the system. The computer virus is the one damaging, not the hardware.

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Wylted
Essentially all you are saying is guns kill people, people don't kill people. People are the fucking assholes not capitalism. Guns are not assholes, people are. The people given the responsibility to enforce the law are assholes because they don't. More laws do nothing.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@sadolite
Correct, we need fascism. Petitions are corrupt, so is the system. Mere written law does not work. We need a ruthless dictator who is also altruistic 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Wylted
No, we need people who will enforce the law and execute those who didn't. Destroying public trust is worse than all crimes combined. Civilization ceases to exist.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@sadolite
Public trust needs to be earned, by eliminating any possibility of corruption or incompetence.  
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Wylted
Uh that's what I just said.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Not quite.

You wanted to execute people.

A somewhat too Stalinesque approach, to the evils of Capitalism perhaps?

Was Stalin evil?
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Wylted
The first example reminds me of a talk by Yanis Varoufakis about capitalism and how it is changing/being destroyed. He says to imagine a town full of shops. You walk into this marketplace, but every shop is owned by the same person, and they have the ability to control what you even see on the store shelves - they can make products vanish or reappear at will. Is this still a market in any meaningful sense? Varoufakis dubs this hypothetical system 'technofeudalism', and his thesis is that capitalism is already in the final stages of morphing into this system, wherein digital platforms serve as the personal fiefdoms of tech company overlords and markets are steadily eliminated or marginalized as a means for distributing resources. Target being able to manipulate what you see as the price of the product depending on location just reminds me of that - price signalling is a vital component of any functioning market, and this is a deliberate undermining of that.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
The evolution of human systems.

Did you or Varoufakis expect things to stay the same.

Nothing works like that.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@zedvictor4
I don't think anyone expects things to 'stay the same', that would be quite literally insane.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Just a non-evolutionary system.

Which would seem to defy the laws of universal progression.

Probably would drive one mad.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
There is nothing Stalinesque  about executing people who knowingly and willfully destroy public trust. Stalin executed anyone who opposed him politicly. Not even  comparable on any level.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Which particular publics trust in what?

So the U.S.A is basically  a two party State evenly divided, that typically fluctuates slightly, relative to general inertia. (Just generalising here myself)

Therefore one half of the U.S.A. doesn't have trust in the other.

Therefore one executes opponents because one will not tolerate opposition.

Stalinism really. 
sadolite
sadolite
"Which particular publics trust in what?" Are you serious? That would be anything that the public at large relies on govt for. Govt is a one way street no matter who runs it.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Wylted
Doesn't it reward the most evil people though?

If you consider the people buying their products as supporting evil, sure.