Post books you've read but don't remember. Maybe someone will jog your memory

Author: badger

Total: 17
badger
Debates: 0
badger
For me, it's the Sword of Truth series. I don't remember where or when I read it. I know a disappointing series came out, but I remember nothing about it. I remember that people couldn't touch each other for some reason. I barely remember Darken Rahl who I had conflated with old DDO user Ragnar_Rahl. I don't believe I ever did ask him if that's what he was named for.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@badger
Wheel of time is foggy for me
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Rich dad poor dad. I have read it in 14 when many people go through their ancap edgy stage. Now I forgot it except that I think it is capitalist propaganda.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I read the entire lion witch and wardrobe series but only remember the lion witch and the wardrobe.

I also really enjoyed the phantom tollbooth, but I can't recall a single thing from the book. 

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
It's not ancap stuff LOL. The book was terrible though and you are better off forgetting it. I will sum it up.

Their is a quadrant where you are either employee self employed, business owner or investor.  

Anyone in the e or s quadrant is a dumb ass and should be pitied for their stupidity. Best summary I have
Wylted
Wylted
Also he defines asset as something g that makes you money and liability as something that costs you money and urges you to have more assets than liabilities. 
badger
badger
-->
@Wylted
I read The Screwtape Letters and it was a fun book. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe always seemed too limitedly imaginative to me or something. Dorothy and her Tin Man and a yellow brick road kinda shit. I hated that movie. 
badger
badger
I judge Alfred Hitchcock much the same, although I've only ever seen North by Northwest. 

Actually, I nearly watched Psycho one night only my ex walked in on me and another girl. Long story. "Psycho's got nothing on her," was a memorable quote from the night. 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Wylted
Phantom Tollbooth was a fun book, characters style and substance influenced by words, numbers, concepts.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@badger
It's unlikely that you will remember much of any casually read book, other than key characters or general events.

I'm currently reading a collection of works by Dylan Thomas, and cannot remember any of it.

Casual reading is a temporary amusement, where data storage is not a specific consideration.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Le Morte d'Arthur by Thomas Mallory
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
I remember absolutely nothing about the Divergent series. All I remember is the ending sucked ass and the movies were worse.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@badger
For me, it's the Sword of Truth series. I don't remember where or when I read it. I know a disappointing series came out, but I remember nothing about it. I remember that people couldn't touch each other for some reason. I barely remember Darken Rahl who I had conflated with old DDO user Ragnar_Rahl. I don't believe I ever did ask him if that's what he was named for.
The name was derived from Ayn Rand imo. One of the main heros of Atlas Shrugged was named Ragnar Danneskjold. Goodkind was a big fan of Ayn Rand and drew pretty heavily on her when writing. Ragnar_Rahl was also an objectivist iirc, so he probably made a composite username of the main character of the Sword of Truth series (Richard Rahl) and Ragnar Danneskjold.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
I tend to remember a lot that I've read, but the latter half of the Narnia series is foggy for me. I remember an evil vulture god and a ship sailing through lotuses at the end of the world but that's about it. The most memorable for me were the original and the prequel that explained how the wardrobe worked.
badger
badger
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Funnily, I was reading through your posts recently and came upon a G.K. Chesterton essay. "With the red hair of one she-urchin in the gutter I will set fire to all modern civilization."

In contrast, Rand writes erotica around her "heroic man". I think, anyway. 
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@badger
Funnily, I was reading through your posts recently and came upon a G.K. Chesterton essay. "With the red hair of one she-urchin in the gutter I will set fire to all modern civilization."
I love the last paragraph to that essay.

In contrast, Rand writes erotica around her "heroic man". I think, anyway. 
Pretty much. I always found it very ironic that Rand's two greatest strengths as a writers lay in her ability to write descriptive natural scenes and her ability to write villains, since so much of her shtick was about hero worship and she hated the worship of nature.
badger
badger
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
I love the last paragraph to that essay.
I do too. Cheers for that.

You do remind me a lot of Skep. Less gay, I guess.