Harry Potter and the Great Conversion

Author: thett3

Total: 8
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
I'm thinking about writing a Harry Potter fanfiction titled Harry Potter and the Great Conversion. The fic takes place in the 2017-2019 era. Some critical highlights:

Harry Potter has become an evangelical Christian who gives up magic, believing that it comes from the devil. He now votes Tory, hates Remoaners, and enjoys sharing Barry Stanton tweets with his cousin Dudley.

Ginny has gained 50+ lbs since the events of the Deathly Hallows and she and Harry sleep in separate rooms. Harry has not divorced her. He says it's because of his faith and that divorce is a sin, but really it's because they eloped as soon as she turned 17 and there's no prenup, and he doesn't know how he would make a living in the Muggle world. He reluctantly allows his children to go to Hogwarts but they spend most of the summer in church camp 

Harry's son is a Voldemort apologist who doesn't agree with what he did, but thinks that if he hadn't sold his soul to dark magic he would've been remembered as a great visionary. Jokes about being "only a quarter mudblood" to the great offense of his sister 

The Wizarding World has been demographically transformed after Tony Blair opened up the floodgates to immigration in 1997. Slytherin, the ambitious house, now has a negative reputation as the uncool striver house populated mostly by the children of Chinese and Indian immigrants. The remaining purebloods are mostly in Gryffindor 

Ron and Hermione had a brutal divorce, Ron's son hates women as a result and is kind of a wizarding Elliot Rodger

Flashback scenes reveal that Voldemort had an overwhelming cockney accent the entire time. "'Bout endadaline fa yew 'Arry Pah-Tah, innit? Moi dath aters wi sho ya what fa!"

What do you guys think? Trying to workshop this idea

thett3
thett3
Another idea I had is a story where Voldemort won, spends a few decades stomping out resistance in Britain, takes over the Muggle world but doesn't really know what to do after that because he is so provincially minded. The entire fanfiction is him getting wined and dined by real life heads of states.

Donald Trump: "wow, what can you even say? I don't agree with everything he does but he ran a great campaign didn't he? A true winner...he did an amazing job. Agree or disagree, he did a truly amazing job. Lord Voldemort, thank you." and they awkwardly shake hands
thett3
thett3
Obama: 

"I just had uhh the opportunity to uhh have a productive meeting with Lord Voldemort. We talked about foreign policy, we talked about domestic policy, we talked about how to better maintain the United States special relationship with Wizarding Britain. And uhm, I uhh, have been very encouraged by Lord Voldemort's interest in wanting to work with my team on the many issues our countries face. It uh, is very important uh for us to come together. Lord Voldemort, the United States stands with you."
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
lmao I'll read it.
thett3
thett3
"Thank you, presiden' trump. I butcher's hook fawward 'o fur'her oppaw'uni'ies 'o facili'a'e a produc'ive rela'ionship be'ween our 'wo coun'ries. I especially apprecia'e your willingness 'o begin 'he process ov mugglebawn reeduca'ion wi'hin your coun'ry, an' 'he re'urn ov 'he war criminals who fled 'here in 'he 1990s."
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@thett3
Yes please do. I like this
thett3
thett3
Tucker Carlson:

"We've all heard of Lord Voldemort. The News Media wants you to hate him. But has anyone ever listened to what he says? He may not seem like a leader. He certainly doesn't look or sound the part, at least in the eyes of our corrupt and stupid elite. Tonight we have a special guest on, not Lord Voldemort, but someone who knows him well. You can decide what to think for yourself. Bellatrix Lestrange, thanks for coming on"
badger
Debates: 0
badger
Seamus Finnegan joins the IRA. Gerry Adams takes up Dumbledore's mantle of finding out the horcruxes. 

thett, you are an artist.