The mods did a good thing today. I will give credit where credit was due.

Author: Lunatic

Total: 47
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic

This thread was correctly unlocked. 

As someone who has been a stark complainer of mods in the past, I would now like to take a moment to shout them out positively, as is only fair. Today the mods proved me wrong, and showed that they are willing to listen to reason. It was my impression in the past that when decisions were made, they would fight tooth and nail to stick to that decision.

The addition of whiteflame as head mod, and supadudz having more authority may have played the biggest role here, but I will give credit to ragnar in some regard too even though I know he stands by locking the thread, he at least caved to the better reasoning and rationale of his highly respected peers. There is hope for moderation on the website. There is still a long way to go in acheiving the laissez faire style that I know will bring activity and purpose to this website, but the decision they made today shows that they have every intention of meeting that goal. 

The community should remain vigilant in bringing up issues with moderation decisions, but we should also be fair and applaud them when they make the right decisions. 

Thankyou mod team of DART.

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Bravo, you got away with directly violating site rules to harass a user that you mis-name to further humiliate him on top of the rest of what you do.

Keep sucking up to the mods and saying you 'respect' them so much until they cave in to your demands. It only lasts so long.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I appreciate the post and compliment

I am hopeful to push more a more lassiez fair agenda in the future to create a fun and engaging site for people to commentate on.

I am also hopeful that we can start an ad campaign to garner traffic to the site so we can get new users to come and engage on the site

2 goals for the future
Lunatic
Lunatic
Bravo, you got away with directly violating site rules to harass a user that you mis-name to further humiliate him on top of the rest of what you do.
The difference between me violating site rules and you violating them when making call out threads, is that I will point out how the rules are fundamentally flawed to begin with, where you only like said rules when they work in your favor, and hate them when they don't. It shows that you don't actually stand for anything, except for the narcissistic nature of you.

Keep sucking up to the mods and saying you 'respect' them so much until they cave in to your demands. It only lasts so long.
An incorrect mod decision was unanimously made by one mod, and the other two mods (with more power) basically stated they disagreed with the decision to begin with. This is probably the only thread I have ever made in direct support of the mods, so telling me that I am a suck up is hilarious. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
I appreciate the post and compliment

I am hopeful to push more a more lassiez fair agenda in the future to create a fun and engaging site for people to commentate on.

I am also hopeful that we can start an ad campaign to garner traffic to the site so we can get new users to come and engage on the site

2 goals for the future
Noble goals! I support you in your endeavor good sir. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
The difference between me violating site rules and you violating them when making call out threads, is that I will point out how the rules are fundamentally flawed to begin with, where you only like said rules when they work in your favor, and hate them when they don't. It shows that you don't actually stand for anything, except for the narcissistic nature of you.
What you see as narcissism is actually me obeying rules I disagree with, expecting them to be enforced equally on myself and users that target me.

It is the very opposite of narcissism. In fact, what is narcissistic is expecting rules to be lifted for one's egotistical belief that they're entitled to break them. Unfortunately, you have had your ego appeased for now and your narcissistic tendencies have been positively reinforced. It only lasts so long though.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Lunatic
Personally, I would have been fine with them locking it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Also, it is intriguing your tags in this thread 'whose a good boy' aside from the terrible grammar is a tag that either humiliates the mods that obeyed you or is aimed at me.

'good boys' lol.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Lemming
Personally, I would have been fine with them locking it.
That's fine. You would have been wrong though. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Lunatic
That we each think each other's opinions on this subject to be wrong, is clear enough by our opinions stated.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lemming
I thank you for being one of my only supporters other than polytheist-witch to talk publicly against this harasser.
Lemming
Lemming
Personally, I think your actions, intentionally and/or unintentionally, bring about many of these situations.
But even if that, still wouldn't change my opinion of 'their actions.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lemming
Trace it back then, go back on Lunatic's posts and threads and do the same to me, you will find that the only trait I have that brought this onto me is not being a pushover.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Lemming
That we each think each other's opinions on this subject to be wrong, is clear enough by our opinions stated.
Then the obvious was stated. If you feel you want to elaborate and discuss / debate your opinion, you are more than welcome to do so. I'll leave that onus on you. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
Trace it back then, go back on Lunatic's posts and threads and do the same to me, you will find that the only trait I have that brought this onto me is not being a pushover.
That trait, frankly, is more apparent in me than you. You attempt to block my freedom of speech by spam reporting me to the mods to silence my opinion because you ran out of arguments to substantiate yours. That I fought this with the mods shows that I am in fact, the one who is not the pushover you hoped I would be.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
I wonder who the 'good boys' tag is if it also says 'good mods' lol.

I never said you were a pushover, I'll agree with you on that. Instead, you are the polar opposite, a bully.

It's not like you're a sophisticated abuser either, you don't mix up your abuse, you just relentlessly aggress. So, all I have to do is not back down and you will keep at it, giving me more and more evidence of your harassment. I am not even that mad about the thread being unlocked, honestly, since it is true that with or without it being locked, you'd harass me just as much.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
This is probably the only thread I have ever made in direct support of the mods, so telling me that I am a suck up is hilarious. 
Let's see what you say in the past 1-2 days:

Thanks for your response whiteflame, I have nothing but respect for you. 

I am not calling out ragnar just for the sake of calling him out, I have been dm'ing him on discord and talking about this professionally with him. There is no animosity between he and I, we go way back and I consider him a friend. 
Same as above.

Standing by your request (I respectfully decline btw) doesn't address my point in the slightest. 
Why not just say you totally decline and think his basis is flawed? You did the latter anyway.

I know you guys have the best intentions. I really do. I know moderation is not an easy job, and it's a pain in the ass. I am suggesting you use discretionary practice in rule enforcement as much as possible, because as ragnar just admitted in this thread, you guys have the ability to. No need for MEEP's or any of that bull crap. You guys can literally do it right now. 

How do you know, not just know but 'really know' that they have the best intentions? This is all you sweet-talking them because you realised your brute-force ways weren't working on them.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I wonder who the 'good boys' tag is if it also says 'good mods' lol.
Yes I am teasingingly poking the mods. Your failure to understand humor without further explanation is fascanating. 

I never said you were a pushover, I'll agree with you on that. Instead, you are the polar opposite, a bully.
If I am a bully because I stand up for what I believe and defend it adamantly, then you have a very flawed worldview of what actual bullying is. The unfortunate side effect to people like you who claim bullying at every little thing, is that you steal attention away from people who might actually be experiencing trauma from real bullies. You were brought up in a society that caters to the idea of a victim so much that you have actually convinced yourself that you are a victim. That's of course giving you the benefit of the doubt, and assuming this isn't an actual manipulative tactic you frequently use to get your way. I actually think the latter is more likely true, which unfortunately means you sir, are indeed the bully. Bullies lie and manipulate to get their way, not victims. 

It's not like you're a sophisticated abuser either, you don't mix up your abuse, you just relentlessly aggress.
I have a logical thing to say to your illogical one. You confuse that as aggression lol.

So, all I have to do is not back down and you will keep at it, giving me more and more evidence of your harassment.
I see it as more and more evidence of your inability to debate.

I am not even that mad about the thread being unlocked, honestly, since it is true that with or without it being locked, you'd harass me just as much.
You mean I would call you out on your bullsh1t, lies, and manipulative tactics more and more. Yes, I would do that regardless of that particular thread being locked or not. The signifance of the thread being locked does more for showing the mods good intentions on changing, then it does for you being angry. I didn't ask them to unlock it to get one up on you, I asked them to unlock it to prove they are better than what they've shown themselves to be. Catering  to your report spamming is not something DART needs in a mod team. 

This is probably the only thread I have ever made in direct support of the mods, so telling me that I am a suck up is hilarious. 
Let's see what you say in the past 1-2 days:

Thanks for your response whiteflame, I have nothing but respect for you. 
I have never had an issue with whiteflame or his moderation decision. He is a newly placed mod and this is my first dealing with him. 

Standing by your request (I respectfully decline btw) doesn't address my point in the slightest. 
Why not just say you totally decline and think his basis is flawed? You did the latter anyway.
Because I do respect ragnar. While I call him out for his stubborn decisions all the time, and will continue to do so, I do not take issue with him personally. 

I am glad you brought this up because maybe there is a lesson to be learned here for you. You see, you tend to look at every argument or dispute here as good vs evil, which is why you are trying to paint me as the villain so badly. You are completely incapable of the term "agree to disagree". It is not impossible to be friends with someone while dis-agreeing with the occasional thing they do. 

For example you think me and mikal are besties. You have no clue how much we argue with each other about everything. We argue with each other about video games, about philosophies, about behaviors and tactics in mafia, hell, other than moderation issues we almost dis-agree on stuff more than we actual agree on things. That doesn't stop us from being friends.

You can ask airmax this as well, but when he was mod on debate.org I was his friend, but I gave him tons of hell over decisions he made in regards to allowing vote bombs to be made. I argued with him for pages, and pages and even called him out in threads. We were still friends through that whole thing. The thing about me is I don't cater my views for friendship, or change who I am because of who a friend is.

I would carry on with you in the same capacity if you would allow it. Even if we never were claimed friends, it doesn't mean we have to take it to a personal level every time the way you do. You are so eager to paint me as this evil guy because we have a dis-agreement on free speech and moderation, that you are incapable of talking me as if I am anything less than hitler.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
I would carry on with you in the same capacity if you would allow it. Even if we never were claimed friends, it doesn't mean we have to take it to a personal level every time the way you do. You are so eager to paint me as this evil guy because we have a dis-agreement on free speech and moderation, that you are incapable of talking me as if I am anything less than hitler.
Hilarious. You think I will forgive you now? After all the shit you said and did to me? You have fucked with me way beyond what's acceptable, broken site rules regularly in your abuse of me. I will patiently wait for others, especially the mods, to realise who is at fault between you and I. You've already done worse shit to me in 2 weeks than I did to the entire website in 3.5 years of me being here. The only reason the mods don't see it is I haven't yet laid it out to them post by post breaking down the rules you break and ways you insult, taunt and INSTIGATE yes you instigate against me where I react defensively and you frame me.
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
It's very promising to see the mods reassess a clearly incorrect action and rectify it once they realize the true extent of the abuse and gaslighting that's been hurled your way. I hope that they continue to evolve in this direction, it's a very refreshing change from the previous situation.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
And people wonder why I can't just sit silent. There are lies being said about me.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Hilarious. You think I will forgive you now? After all the shit you said and did to me? You have fucked with me way beyond what's acceptable, broken site rules regularly in your abuse of me. I will patiently wait for others, especially the mods, to realise who is at fault between you and I. You've already done worse shit to me in 2 weeks than I did to the entire website in 3.5 years of me being here. The only reason the mods don't see it is I haven't yet laid it out to them post by post breaking down the rules you break and ways you insult, taunt and INSTIGATE yes you instigate against me where I react defensively and you frame me.
You are not mentally mature enough to ever have an agree to disagree with someone. I get it. You need to group up little boy. That's okay, I will keep destroying you logically anywhere I see you then. :)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Only one of us relies on grouping up.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Only one of us relies on grouping up
I haven't grouped with anyone. I don't need to report every post you make in hopes of getting your threads banned to win an argument. I don't have to resort to lowly tactics like that because I am not devoid of morals like you are.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
I don't make threads calling you Lunaticrybaby because I know how ridiculous that nickname would be and what the rules about callout threads are.

So... Idk what thread you think you could report but that is up to you to try.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I don't make threads calling you Lunaticrybaby because I know how ridiculous that nickname would be and what the rules about callout threads are.

So... Idk what thread you think you could report but that is up to you to try.

You wouldnt call me that because it wouldn't make any sense. Crying is your thing. 

I wouldn't report your posts because I am a better person than you. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
It's amusing to me that you think I'm the more egotistical one between us.
Lunatic
Lunatic
It's amusing to me that you think I'm the more egotistical one between us.

“I think I am becoming an alpha male, without having intended to”

“I am not some easy to seduce male slut, I have standards and an insanely high amount of self control.”

" I have a social pull outside of ddo among debaters like no other.

Yep, its definitely me that's the egomaniac. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Definitely, you're too worried about appearing to be the better man and dig through some guy with towards 13k posts to find any quote possible to shame him just to protect your bruised fragile ego, poor little luna.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Definitely, you're too worried about appearing to be the better man and dig through some guy with towards 13k posts to find any quote possible to shame him just to protect your bruised fragile ego, poor little luna.
lol pretty embarrassing posts you made there huh? There was worse lol. We all had some good laughs at some of them last night.