DebateArt.com 2022 Election Voting

Author: Vader

Archived
Read-only
Total: 234
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
It's not my fault that 3RU7AL had a terrible campaign.

I advised him at the last 2 days who to campaign to and what to make clear, specifically with greyparrot and bmdrocks amongst others. I was ignored.
The fact that you advocated for someone with a worse campaign (your words not mine) than airmax's out of a grudge against airmax, is probably why the people you opined to vote for 3RU7AL didn't follow you. I mean you actively spent a lot of time trashing his campaign, what did you expect?
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Worse campaign doesn't mean worse candidate but the biggest issue was that 3RU7AL not only attracted a type of voter who may vote me but that once Airmax ran, I knew Airmax would win because Wylted wouldn't really get all the old DDO guys back from the dead like Airmax can.

Therefore, I should in that situation drop out and endorse who I want to win because if I stay in the running, Airmax probably wins anyway and all I did was irrationally run and let my supporters down regardless.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
I actually spent time giving specifics for 3RU7AL to answer and shine answering, same with Airmax.

Both chose to be cowards with questions whereas both Wylted and myself answered the questions we got asked mostly.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Both chose to be cowards with questions whereas both Wylted and myself answered the questions we got asked mostly.
This is actually true, we were both less selective with what we answered than any of the remaining candidates. 

Seeing some of the ways, that airmax refused to engage in a few things made me think "well I should have conducted myself that way". Like when he was asked why he was better than you, and he refused to answer. 

I thought, that was very classy, and I should have taken that tactic as well. I don't know that it would have gained me any votes, but it was certainly a more honorable approach
Lunatic
Lunatic
I actually spent time giving specifics for 3RU7AL to answer and shine answering, same with Airmax.

In the case of airmax's, the questions you posed to him were ultimately irrelevant to what he was actually campaigning. You were asking questions that had nothing to do with furthering site activity or development, instead trying to delve into his personal beliefs about user engagement. The whole idea max is selling here is increased activity and relaxed moderation approaches. So basically when you ask questions like "do you support what lunatic is saying in these threads" you are asking him questions that you already know the answer to. The answer is that, he doesn't care about my interactions with you in those threads, because his goals are bigger and grander than that. You asked him these leading questions knowing the answer because you had a goal or purpose with them, and it was a manipulative one you were trying to use against me. All him answering those questions would have done is give you ammo for your personal beefs either against him, or against me. The questions you were asking didn't seek to bring any value to his campaign, and they seemed to be questions that the community doesn't care about either. Nobody that voted for max has stated that they voted him because his approach on community ettique. Look at the comments of the voters who voted him:

"Airmax has much more experience and a well drawn out plan for DART"- Supadudz

"Though I like 3ru7al’s platform it’s pretty one-dimensional. I do like airmax’s ideas, though I really think they’re way too ambitious and if the site is in the same state is was when I was last active awhile ago he should focus more on his ideas about immediate action rather than these visions of grandeur." -Warren 

"Although I don't really know Airmax or 3RU7AL, I read their respective plans and Airmax's plan seems much more expansive and well organized." - Lady3Keys

"I've known him for a very long time, I've worked with him in moderation before, and from what I've read of his forum posts and from speaking with him personally, I can say that I trust his commitment to the site and I think that what he's pursuing is in the best interest of everyone here." - Airmax

"My primary reason is that upon conversing with him and some of his closest advisers, I believe that he will Make Mafia Great Again. I look forward to daily games on DART after the election." -iLikePie5

Literally everyone person who explained a reason for voting airmax, explained that their reasons had to do with what he could do to further improve the website. Not a single person other than yourself explained that they are voting him because they think it's tactful of him to allow someone to defend him in the forums. My point RM, is that your entire approach with asking questions to airmax was about you. It was from the beginning. You claimed that your initial support for him was for the same reasons as above, but you proved that was a lie when you switched your vote from him for things related to personal grudges. The fact is you also probably hurt a lot of your credibility with the flip flop. I think there was people who actually did buy into the narrative that you ever did actually support airmaxs campaign for noble reasons. Castin was one of those examples who thought you noble to support airmax even though you had a grudge against him, only for you to prove a day later that your intentions weren't every really noble and they were self motivated the whole time, since you changed your vote as a way of "threatening" or getting back at me. You showed your motivations in your vote are purely selfish and tried to use your vote as political leverage. Doing this I think majorly harmed your credibility with people who might have voted for you back when you were still running. 

Maybe you've learned a lesson from all this. One can only hope. 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Live Election Results

Airmax: 25 (Castin, Speed, mikal, lunatic, BOT, SkepticalOne, Greyparrot, thett3, wylted, Supa, sui, warren, maxgoon, lady3keys, benji, bmrock, earth, Franklin,mharm, coal,exan,n8nrm, Whiteflame, REF, Pie) 
3RU7AL: 15 (Athias, FLRW, Badger, Lemming, DeprecatoryLogistician, RM, oro, 3RU7AL, Ramshatu, zed, sum1, ComputerNerd, MarkWeber, Stephen,rbel)
Hammer :1 (Polywitch)

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ILikePie5
Debate-art or playroom?

Surely there are play sites for playing games.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@zedvictor4
Debate-art or playroom?

Surely there are play sites for playing games.

There is a lot of debate and arguing in mafia. It's what makes the game so appealing to people from this type of platform. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Lunatic
OK.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
I don't know that it would have gained me any votes, but it was certainly a more honorable approach
I think you mean dishonourable.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Live Election Results

Airmax: 25 (Castin, Speed, mikal, lunatic, BOT, SkepticalOne, Greyparrot, thett3, wylted, Supa, sui, warren, maxgoon, lady3keys, benji, bmrock, earth, Franklin,mharm, coal,exan,n8nrm, Whiteflame, REF, Pie) 
3RU7AL: 15 (Athias, FLRW, Badger, Lemming, DeprecatoryLogistician, RM, oro, 3RU7AL, Ramshatu, zed, sum1, ComputerNerd, MarkWeber, Stephen,rbel)

4 Hours and 19 minutes remain in the day phase. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@airmax1227
You still have the biggest wagon, I reccomend you claim soon, or I fear you will be lynched...
Vader
Vader
Election close in an hour and 15min
Mikal
Debates: 0
Mikal
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Vote for 3RU7AL, I guess. Any chance of him getting ten more votes in the next ten minutes?

Completely missed all of this because I was not online lol.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Maybe you've learned a lesson from all this. One can only hope. 
I learned 2 lessons:

1. I am much wiser than I used to be with how I handle toxic bullying scumbags.
  2. I am much more thick-skinned than I used to be on top of that, knowing how it will look when I 'flip flop' that you would twist the reasoning to prove yourself right, that you would deny that when you humiliate Airmax and Mikal it's with their consent and you didn't mention that you do it when saying everyone spent time laughing at my quotes and that the psychological warfare that would formerly have made me snap or quit the site led to me keeping myself composed throughout, reporting the appropriate posts and the only reason you aren't banned is biased moderation which even though it's biased couldn't find a reason to ban me.
I have improved very much over time at handling these situations, what I learned is that I am amazing.

Vader
Vader
Live Election Results

3RU7AL: 16 (Athias, FLRW, Badger, Lemming, DeprecatoryLogistician, RM, oro, 3RU7AL, Ramshatu, zed, sum1, ComputerNerd, MarkWeber, Stephen,rbel, Disc)

Lunar108
Lunar108
3ru7al
Vader
Vader
Live Election Results

3RU7AL: 17 (Athias, FLRW, Badger, Lemming, DeprecatoryLogistician, RM, oro, 3RU7AL, Ramshatu, zed, sum1, ComputerNerd, MarkWeber, Stephen,rbel, Disc, Lunar108)

Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
Best of luck to everyone.

I hope whomever wins, that they listen to what was liked about their competitors campaigns.

As should be clear, in large part due to my role I have been committed to minimal interference. I opt to remain neutral even now.

VNTL
Mikal
Mikal
The fact you think moderation is biased and that you are still the victim shows how biased you are yourself 
Vader
Vader
FINAL Election Results

3RU7AL: 17 (Athias, FLRW, Badger, Lemming, DeprecatoryLogistician, RM, oro, 3RU7AL, Ramshatu, zed, sum1, ComputerNerd, MarkWeber, Stephen,rbel, Disc, Lunar108)

Airmax1227 is the winner of the 2022 DebateArt.com presidential election and will be officially inaugurated into office January 21st

Vader
Vader
As of 1/21/22. at 12AM EST, Airmax has been sworn into office and his term officially begins, meaning this he is officially the president of DART
Vader
Vader
This thread will be moved into archives within 24hrs