Sharing food

Author: sadolite

Total: 11
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I am not against sharing food when there isn't enough to go around. But it burns my ass when going to a restaurant and everyone is asked to get what they want to eat then someone wants me to share my food with them. I'm Joey, I don't share my food. How about you?
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
IT annoys me also. The woman will order food and then I will and she picks off my plate, but really I order the precise amount I want. So now I am forced to order desert and it costs me more. Just order it sampler plate bitch. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
That is why I eat alone at restaurants. (laughs) (cries)

294 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
I am disappointed, that this is not a thread about sharing types of food we like,
Incidentally I like Swiss cheese,
Acquired the taste after eating in hospital so much, salad bar had cubes of cheese.

I don't mind sharing food in a restaurant,
Adds more variety, isn't much to ask for,
Though I don't ask for other's food, I do accept a bite or two on occasion,

Sometimes they or I aren't hungry enough to eat all, so sharing solves a problem.
Elliott
Elliott
Taking food off someone else's plate isn’t something I have ever come across; it must be an American thing.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Elliott
Most people ask first, but its the point of asking that is at issue after you were asked if you wanted something to eat and order something for yourself. The worst are the ones who say they don't want anything then ask to share your food.  By share I mean half of your food not just a bite of something to see what it tastes like.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
I have shared food with people in restaurants but we agreed to that before hand. 
Elliott
Elliott
-->
@sadolite
Obviously a cultural thing. I think here in the UK we are more reserved, we would regard the food on our plate as something personal and asking to share it would be considered intrusive and impolite.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Elliott
That's How I feel about it. I will pay for your own food if you don't have any money, just don't ask to share mine.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
We have a kitchen and Mrs Zed and I own more than one plate.

We rarely eat out.

Who knows what happens in restaurant kitchens.

Or what bodily fluids get whisked into your mayo.

Though as the saying goes,

What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over.

69 days later

AleutianTexan
Debates: 4
AleutianTexan
I don't know, when my girlfriend asks to share food with me, I like it. Usually, it seems to me, it's an excuse to sit next to me or something like that. I don't need a full meal anyways.