Should we put the unvaccinated in concentration camps?

Author: Incel-chud

Total: 107
Incel-chud
Debates: 6
Incel-chud
50% of Democrats want to out unvaccinated people in concentration camps. https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/25/nearly-half-of-democrats-support-putting-unvaccinated-americans-in-camps/ I have seen a report of at least one law maker who has floated this ideal as well. Is there any person on here, Democrat or not who agrees with doing this? Why? 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
You would have like tens of millions of people in concentration camps, if you find every last one of them. If you don't find every last one of them, then it is basically a nerfed version of what it actually is before. We don't even consider how difficult it actually is to just find everyone that is unvaccinated, there WILL be people that are willing to be at large while running away in order to both not receive Vaccines and not be put in concentration camps. IDK about other nations but this doesn't seem like something that will work in America.
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Intelligence_06
I wonder what their final solution will be for all the unvaxxed they can't fit in concentration camps. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
What percentage of republicans would strongly oppose such a thing?
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I think we can do a poll right now on this site. Just send the question to 20 random conservatives on the site and see
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Incel-chud
You didn't poll users on this site, why should I? The poll you linked to answers the question I asked. Have you even read it?
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I just read up to right where it verified my negative opinion of liberals and then figured I read enough. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Incel-chud
What percentage of republicans would strongly oppose "putting unvaccinated americans in concentration camps"?
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
It's in the report, why are you asking me. Like 79%

I assume the rest just mildly oppose it
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Incel-chud
So according to you if I asked 35 million Republicans if they strongly opposed concentration camps only 28 million would say yes. Either that or the way thefederalist.com presented the polling was misleading and it actually had nothing to do with putting people in camps. Those are the two possibilities. It could go either way really, neo-nazi organizational membership is increasing in the country so there being a strong minority of citizens that are pro concentration camp is at least plausible.

Which of these possibilities do you think are the case?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Incel-chud
As a person with generally centrist beliefs(on America, that is), there is absolutely NO WAY this is profitable or would even work. We just stay home if we aren't vaccinated and public service(such as trains and buses) can't let us ride it along if we don't have vaccine or COVID test. And if you ask, yes, faking a vaccine proof is illegal and is punishable by weeks or so in a jail, not even mentioning the 2-week quarantine before and after it, making life non-productive and you just don't want to do it.
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Internment for the unvaccinated. Either by interning them in their own homes or a camp. 79% strongly oppose it. If we included people who oppose it but don't feel strong, republicans would likely be near 100%. 

If you t&ink the federalist framed it wrong, you can click on the actual Rasmussen poll which confirms the facts they stated. 
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Intelligence_06
Self internment in the house is still a form of internment. Liberals seen in China where people were boarded up n into their homes and thought it was a good ideal I guess. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Incel-chud
Apartment isolation is a good idea because the disease won't show up if you are negative alone. Concentration camps is a crowded place and if one of them is positive, all of them will be in a span of a day or so because it is so crowded. As much as masks work, they aren't Captain America's shield.

Or, I suppose, you could make vaccines illegal, and then unvax. people will be put in a special kind of concentration camp called "prison". Even then, you'd have to put everyone in solitary confinement, which is less enjoyable than if you just leave them in their house.
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Intelligence_06
Don't think too much about how liberals would harm anti vaxxers. What we need to focus on, is how disturbing it is that they want to place them in either home confinement or a concentration camp
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Incel-chud
If you t&ink the federalist framed it wrong, you can click on the actual Rasmussen poll which confirms the facts they stated. 
I am not saying that for sure, just a possibility. It may be perfectly reasonable to completely trust the media. It is possible your media source is just trying to scare people for views but not guaranteed. The other possibility is that if asked about throwing people into concentration camps 7 million republicans would just shrug and say "eh, whatev bro". Like I said, it could go either way.
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I'm sure that was their motive.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Incel-chud
Don't be too hard on them. They only spelled one word wrong in the whole article that I noticed, the word 'pose'. Only one misspelling is not bad considering the part of the internet it came from.
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Please refer me to the official governing body of grammar, so I can see if you are correct.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Incel-chud
imo home confinement is OK. For the hell of it, I am in one now, and they don't cut off internet access so I can debate people and watch TV.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Incel-chud
Please refer me to the official governing body of grammar, so I can see if you are correct.
My claim: The word 'pose' is spelled P-O-S-E and not P-O-S-T

My citation: Oxford Dictionary
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
50% of Democrats want to out unvaccinated people in concentration camps.
I guess it goes without saying you've got your facts wrong.

The actual Rasmassan poll reads:

– Forty-five percent (45%) of Democrats would favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

which is plenty enough illiberalism from the Left but let's note that quarantine is a long way from concentration camps.

The Federalist is rated  a questionable source of information generally and has a poor record of generating false medical information during the pandemic.  For example, these guys are banned from twitter for spreading falsehoods about COVID.
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit

My citation: Oxford Dictionary
Not an official governing body, and since they really just do their best to keep up with evolutions of language, than really it is more like a lagging method of determining what words mean what.
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@oromagi
They quoted a Rasmussen poll. Here is the supposed misinformation they were banned for

“Realities: Covid ‘vaccines’ don’t inoculate you against the virus; they don’t stop you from spreading it; they can help mitigate worse outcomes; they can also induce adverse events. There’s no reason the federal gov’t should determine what is ultimately a private medical decision.”
I will state the facts they stated in order, you point out which one is misinformation.

1. Covid vaccines don't innoculate against the virus. (they vaccinate)
2. It is still possible to spread covid after being vaccinated
3. vaccination helps mitigate worse outcomes
4. vaccines rarely but still possibly induce adverse events

the next statement was an opinion not a fact, but I will include it.

5. private medical decisions should be made by a patient and their doctor.
Incel-chud
Incel-chud

which is plenty enough illiberalism from the Left but let's note that quarantine is a long way from concentration camps.
semantics
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Incel-chud
Click the link, it shows the act passed by congress in 1869 that officially adopts the Oxford Dictionary for all legal spelling purposes.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Incel-chud

semantics
That is, you are falsely claiming that there's no important difference between being isolated for five days and being enslaved, stripped of all possessions, executed and processed into commercial products.  Can we agree that your judgement is grotesquely impaired?
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I didn't know. How do I delete posts or edit them, so I don't have to own up to my mistakes?
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@oromagi
That is, you are falsely claiming that there's no important difference between being isolated for five days and being enslaved, stripped of all possessions, executed and processed into commercial products.  Can we agree that your judgement is grotesquely impaired?
from the dictionary

a prison camp for the confinement of prisoners of war, enemy aliens, political prisoners, etc.

You can have internment camps without  isolation, enslavement, theft of possessions or being turned into soap or skin lamps.
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
If it would make you feel more comfortable. We can call the locations where political enemies of the pro mandatory vaccine crowd are put, quaruntine camps.