How Do You Know The Bible Is True?

Author: Yassine

Total: 494
Yassine
Debates: 3
Yassine
- What is to you the undeniable proof that the Bible is true? What does truth mean to you?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
The Bible is a half truth. I don't believe Jesus was the son of the God of Abraham. His message is completely contradictory to the God of Abraham's. I certainly believe Jesus was tapped into the Creator. But his messages has been completely tainted by Rome. I certainly believe the Old testament is truth in that it's what the God of Abraham expects from His followers. In that sense it's as true as any other set of myths and stories that explain how a God is supposed to be worshipped. That said the Bible contains no facts. And I say this because there's no way to prove anything the Bible states is real. I don't think that means the Bible's false I believe the Bible is like any other religious text and that it is not fact but it's not a lie. The New Testament is a lot of b*******. 
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
The Bible is a half truth. I don't believe Jesus was the son of the God of Abraham. His message is completely contradictory to the God of Abraham's. I certainly believe Jesus was tapped into the Creator. But his messages has been completely tainted by Rome. I certainly believe the Old testament is truth in that it's what the God of Abraham expects from His followers. In that sense it's as true as any other set of myths and stories that explain how a God is supposed to be worshipped.
- This is a bit confusing?! Are you polytheist or do you adhere to some form of Christianity or Judaism?

That said the Bible contains no facts.
- It has some facts. It can't all be false.

And I say this because there's no way to prove anything the Bible states is real.
- Do you mean about God or in general?

I don't think that means the Bible's false I believe the Bible is like any other religious text and that it is not fact but it's not a lie.
- You can't generalize into all religious texts! The Quran is fact.

The New Testament is a lot of b*******. 
- Can you provide an example?

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Yassine
- This is a bit confusing?! Are you polytheist or do you adhere to some form of Christianity or Judaism?
If you only want certain types of people responding put that in the initial post and I won't waste my f****** time.

It has some facts. It can't all be false.
It has truth it doesn't have facts I've tried to explain this before and people don't get it that's all the more I can say about it.

All religious texts. Period. 

Can you provide an example?
Pretty much anything Paul has to say in the New Testament is Paul's opinion. And most of what modern day Protestant Christians attribute to Christ was Paul's b*******.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
If you only want certain types of people responding put that in the initial post and I won't waste my f****** time.
- Chill... That was a genuine question. 

It has truth it doesn't have facts I've tried to explain this before and people don't get it that's all the more I can say about it.
- What's the difference between Truth & Fact?

All religious texts. Period. 
- No.

Pretty much anything Paul has to say in the New Testament is Paul's opinion. And most of what modern day Protestant Christians attribute to Christ was Paul's b*******.
- I don't disagree with this...
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
- What's the difference between Truth & Fact?
Fact is something that's verifyable by scientific method. Truth is something that is true but there's no way to prove it. I agree religious texts are true but they're not fact. I believe that events and religious texts happen somewhere just not here on Earth.

I'm not sure why me being a polytheist means that I can't discuss religions or gods outside of my own pantheon. Like people just assume I've never been a Christian study Christianity that I don't look into the religions that I'm some sort of f****** dumbass that doesn't know what the f***** going on. Yeah it's okay for atheist to run their mouth about every religion they want to and that's okay because they are smarter than everybody else.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Fact is something that's verifyable by scientific method.
- No. The scientific method provides explanations of facts, not facts.

Truth is something that is true but there's no way to prove it.
- If there is no way to prove it, how then is it Truth? If I say anything that you can't prove, does that make what I said Truth?

I agree religious texts are true but they're not fact. I believe that events and religious texts happen somewhere just not here on Earth.
- Somewhere?

I'm not sure why me being a polytheist means that I can't discuss religions or gods outside of my own pantheon.
- Who said you can't!

Like people just assume I've never been a Christian study Christianity that I don't look into the religions that I'm some sort of f****** dumbass that doesn't know what the f***** going on.
- I'm sure all this is in your head. Chill...

Yeah it's okay for atheist to run their mouth about every religion they want to and that's okay because they are smarter than everybody else.
- Atheists are the dumbest creatures there is, many of them willingly so. Regardless, you were expressing your beliefs about Christianity, hence my question about said beliefs.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Yassine
Literally the first thing you said to me in this topic after I posted. If I'm a polytheist that would mean I believe all the gods exist not just my own. Just because you people think you're god's the only god that exists doesn't mean it works that way for everyone else. Jesus is perfectly worth following but I don't think he's divine, and I don't think the Bible has anything to do with him.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Literally the first thing you said to me in this topic after I posted. If I'm a polytheist that would mean I believe all the gods exist not just my own.
- So you're like Shinto?

Just because you people think you're god's the only god that exists doesn't mean it works that way for everyone else. 
- We believe a sole Creator God exists. Else are are angels -as in divine beings- responsible for running tasks in the Universe by divine command, such as to enable light, water, earth, love, wind... which have been mistakingly identified as the true enablers free from the Creator by prophetic followers.

BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Yassine

YASSINE,

YOUR PARADOXICAL QUOTE:  "What is to you the undeniable proof that the Bible is true? What does truth mean to you?"

The Judeo-Christian Bible is as true as your Islamic Qur’an Bible in making it true by your Islamic given propositions of subjective proof at the onset, and that was embarrassingly written by your pedophile  Muhammad with his SIX YEAR OLD  wife named Aisha, that wasn't even in puberty yet when he married her! (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64)

Yassine, listen up, I don't expect you to discuss this matter with me because the last time I easily took you on relative to your Satanic faith of Islam and your disgusting Qur'an that allows the beating and raping of women, YOU RAN AWAY FROM ME AND WENT INTO HIDING NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN AT THAT TIME!  How embarrassing that was for you, remember?! Yeah, you do!  LOL!

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas

YASSINE,

YOUR PARADOXICAL QUOTE:  "What is to you the undeniable proof that the Bible is true? What does truth mean to you?"
- You still live...

The Judeo-Christian Bible is as true as your Qur’an Bible in making it true by your Islamic given propositions of subjective proof, and that was embarrassingly written by your pedophile  Muhammad with his SIX YEAR OLD  wife named Aisha, that wasn't even in puberty yet when he married her! (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64)

Yassine, listen up, I don't expect you to discuss this matter with me because the last time I easily took you on relative to your Satanic faith of Islam and your disgusting Qur'an relative to beating women, YOU RAN AWAY FROM ME AND WENT INTO HIDING NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN AT THAT TIME!  How embarrassing that was for you, remember?!  LOL

- I remember beating you up so hard your 9th life almost left you, the shockwave of your running was felt under my couch. Are you a masochist? Is that why you're here for another beating?!
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Yassine

YASSINE,

YOUR RUNAWAY QUOTE STATEMENT BEGINS AS USUAL:  "- I remember beating you up so hard your 9th life almost left you, the shockwave of your running was felt under my couch. Are you a masochist? Is that why you're here for another beating?!"

Oh look, you RAN AWAY from your PEDOPHILE Muhammed of marrying a 6 year old girl named Aisha, where you didn't say a word about this FACT as Muhammed is the writer of your Bible called the Qur'an, what's new? NOTHING!  Can you tell the membership in what running shoes you are wearing now? Are they Adidas, Nike, Converse, or?  LOL!

CHAIN UP TOMORROW, because your ride in this forum is going to get real BUMPY in the name of Jesus, praise Him!

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas

YASSINE,

YOUR RUNAWAY QUOTE STATEMENT BEGINS AS USUAL:  "- I remember beating you up so hard your 9th life almost left you, the shockwave of your running was felt under my couch. Are you a masochist? Is that why you're here for another beating?!"

Oh look, you RAN AWAY from your PEDOPHILE Muhammed's FACT of marrying a 6 year old girl named Aisha, what's new? NOTHING!

CHAIN UP TOMORROW, because your ride in this forum is going to get real BUMPY in the name of Jesus, praise!
- I know you miss the same beating you got last time, that's why you're recycling the same nonsense you said that time. I'm not into your kinky shit. Debate or skate. Put up or shut up.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Yassine
No not Shinto.  I'm a polytheist, animist, Heathen and Spiritualist I also engaged in a number of practices that are considered witchcraft. I'm not adverse to that particular label. 
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Yassine
 What is to you the undeniable proof that the Bible is true?
That's a very interesting question.  Not sure it is the right one - but a very interesting one all the same.  

I don't think there is an undeniable proof that the bible is true.  It would depend upon the measure of truth in the first place and by what measure of truth would be acceptable.  As far as I am concerned however the Bible is infallible. It is inerrant.  It is entirely trustworthy.  It reliable. 

What does truth mean to you?
Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life".  

Jesus is the embodiment of truth. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Yassine
The bible probably contains some facts, therefore some truth.

The bible probably contains some fantasy, therefore some make believe.

Thereby we end up with a mythological basis for both a naive creation hypothesis, and a socio-political mandate.

And devolved religions and religious books are just more of the same.

There are other books available now, perhaps harder for the average citizen to understand, but nonetheless more pertinent to understanding  universal truth.

Though repressive politically motivated data transfer regimes are keen to hang onto the old guff.

And the there's Poly.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Yassine
How Do You Know The Bible Is True?

We don't. It is what one chooses to believe about the bible, imo.

Although there are those that say "I did not choose my religion God chose me #48" they can never explain how, when or why? Then, in the next breath,proclaim that;
 "all religion should be abolished".#52  and to have  - "never believed in religion" #52        -          or even believe  -   "religion to be right"#60  the same also claim the bible to be the "word of god" but the same will also say "I don't think there is an undeniable proof that the bible is true"#15 thereby rendering the bible/the word of god, unreliable as being true, go figure- as the say.

Some Christians can come over as very contradictory most of the time.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Did a bloke named Matthew write all and only the Mathews ?
Paul just did the paul bits hey.

I picture a contest if you will 
Like Susana.     She Had published  ( 2 mattews  )  ( one Corinthians ) and ( a exodus )   for a grand total of   =   2 goats and a dozen chickens* 
Derek  ( 3 marks ) and ( 8 John's  ) thats more johns then   Felix .
Felix being one of the most prelific and published writers of the bible. Felix  aka  Peter , Tim ,  Samuel.   He pened  75% of Genesis himself.

There was a scribe i mean a bloke named Matt.  but all he had published was ( 2 acts ) =  for a year of seed* 

* I just made up the  (Dividends recived )  for getting said versus published under said categories. 

I am probably wwwwwwwwwway offffffffff. 
Like total  under valuation.

So like.
One verse published  under Mark ,    could get you a kick ass Donkey^

^ Top of the range.  One of the fastest.  Biggest .  

Imagine the cash that was payed to the creator of the...... .   (  Up there baldy, 40 kids and the three bears verse )  

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Picture the   (  Dead sea scroll writing team ) 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Picture back in the day .
Contributing to the " latest version " of the bible.  and finding youself down a decent  bit  of cash for the cost of the writing equipment. 
And the special felt that you wanted to put it on. 
Bummer. 

Picture the final sayers having versus they didn't want to put in the bible bbbbbbbbut  unfortunately god said it. 
So like they have to add it.
This too would be a bummer. 

Picture writing / adding  and or  publishing  any parts of biblical texts and not being able to feed your 5 kids proper  for a whole week because you spent a months worth of time and wages on scribbling card and scratches writing shlt down for jesus. 

Fair enough god tests peoples in the bible.   
But not in real life.   
And If you and ya mate Russell are the ones making this shlt up ,  you aint going to screw yourselves over. 

You got ya three Money making teams created from the one religion.
A   ( getting a group up and running team )    =   Pick a partner kinky sex  +        money / goods and favors.  
A  ( Book writing teams )  =   free all you can eat sex +   And  $$$$$$$$$$
And todays  (  running a " church " team  )       =   sex and cash.  

Teams formed hundreds of years after.  Thousands.   

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
From Abraham to L Ron.  

The " founder " ALWAYS is given some " writings " of sorts. 

SPECIAL WRITINGS.

Good old (Joseph smith )  being  my favorite nonsense. 
FLRW
FLRW

Albert Einstein says it all: “The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.”
FLRW
FLRW

Televangelist Jim Bakker was indicted on federal charges of mail and wire fraud and of conspiring to defraud the public. He knows the Bible is true.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Yassine

Yassine,

Addressing yet another RUN AWAY post #13 of yours:

YOUR SAME MATERIAL QUOTE THAT YOU USED LAST TIME BEFORE YOU RAN AWAY AND HID IN EMBARRASSMENT: "I know you miss the same beating you got last time, that's why you're recycling the same nonsense you said that time."  

How could I have gotten any beating from you because once I brought forth your Satanic faith with sickening FACTS, you RAN AWAY and was in hiding, nowhere to be found!  "Poof" you were gone!  Then later on, you sheepishly crawled in to this forum in a hush, hush, shhhhhh, manner!  LOL

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE AND THE IRONY OF WHICH RELATES TO YOUR PEDOPHILE MUHAMMED!!!:  "I'm not into your kinky shit. Debate or skate. Put up or shut up."

What? You're not into your PEDOPHILE MUHAMMAD Kinky poo in marrying a SIX YEAR OLD GIRL name Aisha, that wasn't even in puberty yet?  WTF!   If it is kinky to you, and obviously embarrassing as it should be, then take it up with your pedophile child molester Muhammad that created your Satanic biblical writings of your disgusting faith in the first place, and not me, understood? Huh?  2+2=4.

What is truly comical, is that you had the audacity to come into this forum and question the Judeo-Christian Bible in being true or not, where in fact, you left yourself wide-open with your pedophile written Qur'an, by your child-molester Muhammed, that is so blatantly disgusting and abhorred, that the irony is that one would hope that it is NOT true!

Yassine, let me know when you are ready for the upcoming "Second Round" relative to your total embarrassment of your Satanic faith, okay?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
I don't think there is an undeniable proof that the bible is true.  It would depend upon the measure of truth in the first place and by what measure of truth would be acceptable. 

Define truth.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Tradesecret

Tradesecret,

YOUR CONTRADICTING DOUBLE TALK AND SENSELESS QUOTE IN YOUR COMMENT TO THE TOPIC AT HAND:  "I don't think there is an undeniable proof that the bible is true.  It would depend upon the measure of truth in the first place and by what measure of truth would be acceptable.  As far as I am concerned however the Bible is infallible. It is inerrant.  It is entirely trustworthy.  It reliable. "

Barring your continued embarrassment in not knowing your actual gender by saying it is "UNKNOWN," in your ever so weak biography, you continue to speak out of both sides of your mouth in your quote above!  FIRST you say that you don't think there is an undeniable proof that the Bible is true, SECONDLY, you then reverse and say that the Bible is infallible, enerrant, trustworthy, and reliable which precludes the Bible is TRUE!  H-E-L-L-O?

One can only surmise in what Jesus thinks about your "questionable position" upon the His Judeo-Christian Bible as He watches you in shame (Hebrews 4:13),  which is outright BLASPHEME! 

Your Bible speak goes severely wanting once again, as usual.  :(

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
you [tradescret] continue to speak out of both sides of your mouth in your quote above!  FIRST you say that you don't think there is an undeniable proof that the Bible is true, SECONDLY, you then reverse and say that the Bible is infallible, enerrant, trustworthy, and reliable which precludes the Bible is TRUE!  H-E-L-L-O?

I am pleased someone else also spotted that blinding contradictory double speak from the right Reverend Munchausen , Brother.

And welcome back.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Hello Brother,

That you see my words as a contradiction does not surprise me. 

Nevertheless, I stand by my words. 

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Tradesecret

Miss Tradesecret,

YOUR QUOTE OF EMBARRASSMENT AGAIN: "That you see my words as a contradiction does not surprise me.  Nevertheless, I stand by my words. "

Of course you have to say that you stand by your words that are in BLATANT CONTRADICTION, because the time limit to change them into being coherent had already passed!  What's the time limit on this forum to edit your post, 30 minutes? Whoops, LOL!

For your convenience, Jesus and I suggest that you visit this Reading Comprehension website below so your statements don't embarrass the forum again, okay?

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen, who is a Hell bound atheist that knows more about the Bible than any Christian does within this forum,

Yeah, back for as much time in getting banned again just because I follow my Jesus' modus operandi at times as shown in the passage below, because like Jesus in the Temple incident below, enough is enough when pseudo-christians spew forth their Devil Speak that has to be refuted in a stern way!  

Jesus has set an example for me to follow in this passage, and who am I to say Jesus was wrong in this respect:
“In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money.  So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.  To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!”  His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.” (John 2:14-18) (John 2:14-18)

One of my favorite images of my ever loving and forgiving Jesus is shown in the link below, where at least I don't use whips to beat the Bible inept christians within this forum:  https://c8.alamy.com/comp/KR1HMT/christ-driving-the-money-changers-from-the-temple-by-il-guercino-giovanni-KR1HMT.jpg

Jesus most certainly is a man's man, praise!