Will you go back to DDO?

Author: Castin

Total: 84
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
I'm hearing that millions of spam threads have been deleted on DDO, and I can see the forums showing signs of life. Will you be going back with any regularity?

I think I'll mostly remain here. I still have no reason to think DDO will be properly moderated from now on, or that the next wave of spambots will be dealt with in a timely fashion. Some of the spambots are still posting, so they haven't plugged all the leaks. Still only silence from Juggle. I've been wooed by the promise of improved features on other websites, and I don't want to go back to DDO's rather limited UI. And I just peeked into the religion forum on DDO and was reminded of how toxic the atmosphere of a completely unregulated forum can be. Also, I'll never have the creator's ear on DDO like we have justmichael's ear on this site. Here you can make requests and get feedback. Huge personalization value.
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
there's the thing, the membership there has been dwindling steadily for the past 6 years I've been there and now it's basically dead. Here is alive so while I still check in every now and again, I'm probably going to be mostly here from now on.

Also there's an active developer working on this site so...
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Im tempted to hang here more then go back to DDO. The spamming is still persisting despite Juggle's recent steps, and the fact that they waited until the closest equivalent of an apocalypse to show interest in managing DDO again indicates to me they still dont really give a sh*t about the site.

If it was this easy for them to install a captcha code to cut down on spammers, but waited this long to implement it, then there is no reason to have faith in them in managing the site in the future, which is the exact OPPOSITE of what can be said about this site, which actually has an active developer that is responsive. Whats more is that the developer is responsive towards people on the site as a whole, rather then be responsive only towards a single person on here the way Juggle is with Airmax. 

I'm all for having a second start here on this site and rewinding the clock by like 4 years. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Smithereens
Yeah, DDO seems to be dwindling, whereas DDC -- or whatever the hell we're gonna call this site -- is actually growing.
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Castin
DAC?
Smithereens
Smithereens
This site calls itself DA on it's icon, which shows up on my phone so I call it DA.
Smithereens
Smithereens
-->
@Imabench
I don't think Juggle is particularly responsive to Airmax even.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Imabench
Exactly my thoughts. You don't get many chances to get a second go at it.
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@Smithereens
This site calls itself DA on it's icon, which shows up on my phone so I call it DA.
I prefer DA as well because I think DDO was once debate.com before it was sold to a different party

Also DA sounds like it could stand for 'Debaters Anonymous' which would be a support group for people who cant stop debating stuff which I think applied to this group pretty well. 

Castin
Castin
-->
@Smithereens
What icon?
Castin
Castin
-->
@Imabench
Also DA sounds like it could stand for 'Debaters Anonymous' which would be a support group for people who cant stop debating stuff which I think applied to this group pretty well. 
I don't have a problem! I can quit anytime I want!
Castin
Castin
-->
@Vaarka
DAC?
I guess the choices are DAC or DA. I don't think DArt caught on. DDC has been pointed out as not unique. One member liked something like DarC.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
No, I don't think so. I expect the problems to continue.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Imabench
Could not have said it any better myself. 👏👏
1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
This place almost seems to have more character right now. It might be the energy from the members that DDO still doesn't have even after the spam got deleted - their celebration was very muted. So I don't know what I'll be doing.
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@Castin
Looks like there's some people on DDO that still insist on staying.

Though it seems like it's a small minority of older members. DDO is broken as a website, even if there isn't spam. It's extremely glitchy, and basic features cease to function at many times. Development is stagnant, but is growing here.

I think I'm going to stay here, f*ck Debate.org and f*ck those corporate b*stards "Juggle."

Let the Schism commence
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
Besides, with active moderation... You don't have morons and unfunny trolls on DA as you do on DDO. (Looking at you, RMTheSupreme, TrumpSupporter, and TheClitMoves).
Earth
Earth
-->
@triangle.128k
Just wait for them to come over.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@triangle.128k
I'm not sure what you mean but I am rmthesupreme on ddo and I am here.
Castin
Castin
-->
@triangle.128k
Man I hear that. That spam apocalypse was so friggin' preventable. Would've taken just a little bit of Juggle's time.

I don't really get why those members are staying, but I expect if DDO becomes inactive enough they'll try this site eventually.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Also if you're calling me a moron that's flaming and if that's allowed I'll happily flame back so I'm interested to see what the admin I n here does about it.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Castin
And some spam is still getting through.
Castin
Castin
I'm thinkin' Dack needs to appoint some moderators pretty soon.
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
Also if you're calling me a moron that's flaming and if that's allowed I'll happily flame back so I'm interested to see what the admin I n here does about it.
How very mature.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
It is mature, yes. It's immature to flame back purely because the other was an immature bully I'll wait and see what the admin says to my pm and then act as is permitted.
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
Or, you could simply accept his criticism of you.

An even more appropriate response would be to address why you are incapable of behaving in a mature, reasonable manner. 

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@triangle.128k
@RationalMadman
As I replied to RM, if you want to do it so much, just handle your differences in a separate topic so that at least this way we wouldn't have to read it here.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
I am capable and demonstrate it reguflare. I am also capable of immaturity. xD
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
I don't accept his criticism of me and you don't accept my criticism of you either. What exexact are you preaching here?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Regularly*