Are the religious folk that call post-op trans self-mutilators down to outlaw circumcision too?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 102
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Just curious how the double standard runs exactly, is it that since the parents mutilate the child via a surgeon, it's okay to remove the beautiful foreskin the way that God made it?

This applies to you oddball American Catholics and Protestants who circumcise despite it being a Jewish and Islamic tradition, same with some African Christians and even tribal Pagans that took on the tradition.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Circumcision is a perverse concept and practice for sure.

And self mutilation and disfigurement is a just as bizarre.

As bizarre as all the rituals of contrived religions.

And yep, it's so hard not to be a hypocrite.

I am an unmarked, unmodified, uncircumcised atheist.

I am the righteous one.

Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
Being made in gods image. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
To a Sikh you are indeed a modified man, probably trimming yourself far more regularly than them. To a Rastafarian you are severely modified in similar respects.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull

I wonder if non abortionists have issues with circumcision.     
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
I know.

And good morning RM.

Unfortunately I must go do some chores now....Unfortunate, In so much  as I can't chat for longer.

Have a nice day.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Good day zed.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@RationalMadman
To my knowledge, female "circumcision" is already banned. I'd have no problem doing the same with male circumcision.

Provided, of course, that anyone may choose circumcision upon their 18th birthday.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Swagnarok
Basically nobody chooses it as an adult...
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@RationalMadman
Of course not. 99% of devout Jews were already circumcised as infants. But if they weren't, then that's something they would be looking into. With today's technologies, it can be done safely and with minimal pain.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
I don't think a sex change is synonymous with a circumcision,
Still, I don't really have strong views,
But what views I have, are pretty much in this debate.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Pretty much anything we do to change our body should be outlawed unless medically necessary. No tattoos, no piercings, no gauges, no nose jobs, no circumcision, no sex change, no changes in boob size, if you lose your breasts to cancer you can't get new ones. Vegan parents shouldn't be allowed to keep meat from their children. People who think refined sugar is bad for the body shouldn't be able to keep candy bars from the kids. We should completely restrict self-expression through one's body and parental rights. 
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Pretty much anything we do to change our body should be outlawed unless medically necessary. No tattoos, no piercings...
Really hoping that was satire...
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@RationalMadman
Actually men converting to Judaism have to be circumcised.  This typically happens when a Jewish lady wants to marry a Gentile and the person needs to convert. It is quite common I understand. 

It might be interesting to note that one of the fastest growing religions from new converts is Islam. Both males and females choose to get circumcised. So I think the stat of 99% is well over inflated. And needs to be reduced (cut) with pun intended. 

Personally, the Christian view is that circumcision is part of the OT law applying to Jews specifically and that upon the arrival of Jesus - was no longer necessary. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
It's basically adults fiddling with and mutilating a child's genitals.

Perverse in any reasonable persons book.

And their justification is archaic baloney.

Humans are brilliant.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@Poly

Yep.

Inject oneself with coloured ink,

And make oneself look like a sheet of wallpaper.

And self harming and disfigurement used to be regarded as a mental illness.

Brilliant!
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
Choose to get circumcised?

HaHa.

Excuse me Sir or Madam, I've just come to mutilate your genitals.

Do we have a choice?

Well.

Brilliant.

And any fool that thinks that f**king a Jewess is worth a bit of dick fiddling,

Go for it kiddo.

Brilliant.

And if their is an omni-sensible GOD,

They will be laughing their f**king socks off.

Brilliant.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull

When we die there will be a bloke with a list. 
# 127 .. Are you circumcised ?  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Ya cant go to heaven if you have a forskin.
Thats just commen sense.   
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
And if their is an omni-sensible GOD,

They will be laughing their f**king socks off.

Sandals, Vic Lad. Sandals.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
I stand corrected.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Well I'm sitting actually.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Barney
Sitting home and poke yourself with needles it's self-harming and you can be placed in a facility for 3 days for observation for it. Add ink and call it art and you're allowed to get paid to do it to people. It just doesn't seem fair to me.
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Context matters, as does autonomy.
Stephen
Stephen
@ Witch

Sitting home and poke yourself with needles it's self-harming.

What if you allow someone else to poke you with needles?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@RationalMadman
I am curious. Is this a callout thread against Stephen and Brother who are the only so called religious folk that call post-op trans self-mutilators on this site. The Brother in fact is quite clear in that he thinks that it is anathema and that they should be banned from this site. 

I take the view that both situations ought to be strictly regulated - prohibited - except in situations where it is absolutely necessary to prevent significant harm on people. 

There are always exceptions to any rule.  
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Stephen and Brother who are the only so called religious folk that call post-op trans self-mutilators on this site.

Wrong! AGAIN. I am not religious in the slightest.  Which is something else I have maintained from day one. And I would like to see you pull a post of mine that has ever once mentioned "trans" - anything.

That being said. You are indeed the one to have shown that you have flipped from one gender to another . Each to their own, I say.  But your own "sexual deviances" and "sexual experimentations" is something you should keep to yourself and are not really something to be shared freely on a religious forum of the WWW, in my opinion.  But you just love sharing such personal information about yourself freely on the WWW that I don't think you would take that advice no matter which quarter it came from.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
So if I can product any post where you admit to being a theist then you will apologize and stop being such a jerk? 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
So if I can product any post where you admit to being a theist then you will apologize and stop being such a jerk? 

>>>>>Lets get this correct  for you, you clown, I was christened as  a baby, I had no say in the matter. This would make me a Christian in anyone's terms and language.  But I do not have a religious bone in my body I am not what is called a ' practicing Christian '. I am not religious.  I believe the Old Testament to be an historic record of  sorts of the Israelites. I believe the Old Testamant  to be much more honest and truthful than the New Testamant.

The New Testament  to my mind is on the surface a  collection of ambiguous half stories about a man that believed himself to be the rightful heir to the throne of Jerusalem and had attempted to reunite the" lost" tribes of Israel  ie those that had fell away and of which many were now Hellenised  in attempt to free 'god's chosen people' from the Roman yoke.  He failed miserably and was put to death for crimes against Rome.
And all this has been my own personal stance from the day I came to this forum.
I have also said many times, I find it impossible to dismiss the bible and many biblical accounts out outright and out of hand, as I have attempted to put across in many of my of my threads. <<<<< CUT OUT AND KEEP.

So what that makes me in your own eyes is irrelevant.  I personally believe  that I fall into the family of atheists. So yes, I am an atheist.

You forgot this , Reverend Munchausen:

Stephen and Brother who are the only so called religious folk that call post-op trans self-mutilators on this site.

And I would like to see you pull a post of mine that has ever once mentioned "trans" - anything.

That being said. You are indeed the one to have shown that you have flipped from one gender to another . Each to their own, I say.  But your own "sexual deviances" and "sexual experimentations" is something you should keep to yourself and are not really something to be shared freely on a religious forum of the WWW, in my opinion.  But you just love sharing such personal information about yourself freely on the WWW that I don't think you would take that advice no matter which quarter it came from.

So when you are ready, lets see you produce that evidence.

Off you go.

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen

>>>>>Lets get this correct  for you, you clown, I was christened as  a baby, I had no say in the matter. This would make me a Christian in anyone's terms and language.  But I do not have a religious bone in my body I am not what is called a ' practicing Christian '. I am not religious.  I believe the Old Testament to be an historic record of  sorts of the Israelites. I believe the Old Testamant  to be much more honest and truthful than the New Testamant.

The New Testament  to my mind is on the surface a  collection of ambiguous half stories about a man that believed himself to be the rightful heir to the throne of Jerusalem and had attempted to reunite the" lost" tribes of Israel  ie those that had fell away and of which many were now Hellenised  in attempt to free 'god's chosen people' from the Roman yoke.  He failed miserably and was put to death for crimes against Rome.
And all this has been my own personal stance from the day I came to this forum.
I have also said many times, I find it impossible to dismiss the bible and many biblical accounts out outright and out of hand, as I have attempted to put across in many of my of my threads. <<<<< CUT OUT AND KEEP.

So what that makes me in your own eyes is irrelevant.  I personally believe  that I fall into the family of atheists. So yes, I am an atheist.

You forgot this , Reverend Munchausen:

And I would like to see you pull a post of mine that has ever once mentioned "trans" - anything.

So when you are ready, lets see you produce that evidence.
So just to be clear for EVERYONE.  You are prepared to apologize for being such a jerk if I produce evidence from your own mouth that you are a theist. 

BTW - despite your so called christening - no one in most Christian circles would admit that makes you a Christian. It certainly would not in my circles. Nor in the mind of MOST protestants.   I have never made the error of thinking you are a christian despite your lies that you were a theist.