---Star Trek DS9 Mafia: DP3---

Author: bsh1

Total: 139
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
LYNCHED LAST DP

Grey - You are KAI WINN ADAMI. You would always show up at DS9 at the most inopportune moment, always the bearer of ill tidings. Because you insist on showing up, even when you're not wanted, you are the compulsive VISITOR. Each night you must select another player to visit. Your visit will do nothing. If you fail to make a selection, your action will be randomly decided for you. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Vaar - You are GUL DUKAT. You betrayed everyone you ever owed loyalty too--the Cardassian Union, The Dominion, yourself. Possessed by an unbridled desire for power and an insane lust for revenge, you are evil to the core. Therefore, you are the TRAITOR. You are mafia, but will not be included in the mafia PM until DP3. Your teammates do not know your identity, but you know theirs. You win with the mafia.

GRAVEYARD

Supa 1 - Lwaxanna Troi, Nexus - Town
Budda 1 - Ezri Dax, Vanilla - Town
Grey - Kai Winn Adami, Visitor - Town
Vaar - Gul Dukat, Traitor - Mafia

LIVING PLAYERS

Budda 2 (Aporia)
Argent
DPR
Lunatic
LM (Sloth)
Supa 2 (Pie)
Warren
Wylted

With 8 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 10:30pm, EST, on 11/19/18

Good luck! And let the games begin!
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Attention

Budda is replacing Aporia.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I don't know what that was. It sealed the deal for me that grey parrot was scum when he started lying and saying DP1s lynch was a trap on me, when he announced I was town, and I have no clue why vaarka is dead. Seems like a stupid NK choice. The NK choices are starting to seem random. I can't wrap my head around the vaarka thing. What if the entire scum team were inacitve.

Buddamoose, was aporia silenced or just absent last DP? I have to announce my visits prior to the end of the DP, because you guys will find the information useful when I die. NP1, I visited aporia, and NP2 I visited Warren.
Wylted
Wylted
Reading vaarka's Pm we got lucky with the NK choice, sweet.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
From what I gather we've got a couple mislynches, but fortunately mafia f'ed up. And budda is back so maybe we will get some more activity. Does anyone have a claimslist?
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
saying DP1s lynch was a trap on me, 

My guess would be he was trying to say you were trapping him DP1. You insisted he vote Supa, then came out immediately DP2 and flipped on ur read. Thats a pretty blatant and transparent set up of an FoS.

The issue is its scummy AF when you rescind a TR, when the basis for that TR was a concrete tell in reaction to your "oh mercy me, how ever does the mafia PM work?" Then even more doubly so when you ripped into my analysis as absolute shite, but it being shite totally changes when I flip town and magically makes Grey scum?

No it doesn't, especially when i was torn AF about GP. "He's ringing every town and scum alarm at the same time." Note, players who do that are usually town, as the scum alarms can be attributed to townies generally caring less about how they look in comparison to actually catching scum. 

Major FoS on Warren if he voted for GP last DP. GP reacted in a manner that was town according to his "reaction test" DP1. This would be hugely inconsistent with that test.

Major FoS on Pie(Supa) for Pie going ghost DP1 cause, "oh mercy me, the game started?!" When he signed up shortly before game start. But also because Supa transparently based his analysis off who was pushing/advocating for his lynch. But pushes to lynch GP, one of the few who didn't want to lynch him last DP.

Slight FoS on Lunatic(TUF) for that absolute fluff AF post at #5 preceding this.

Aporia was inactive and forfeited his N/A for NP2, which was his only NA so far.

Its 5 to 3 or 6 to 2. My guess would be 6 to 2, maybe 5 to 3. Btw, pointed out DP1 twice that Vaarka mysteriously was saying nothing regarding post editing. So stoked nobody picked up on that 😂. Either way it might be MYLO so any relevant results need be disclosed as a ML could result in a loss. It's crunchtime, holding back results that are or might be highly useful this point is detrimental. 

VTL Wylted

TR's

DPR
Argent

Null

LM(Sloth)

Sus(least sus first to most sus)

Lunatic
Pie
Warren

SR

Wylted
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Lunatic
3 mislynches to be precise

VTL Wylted
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
3 mislynches to be precise

2 =\= 3 hombre 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Buddamoose
Then even more doubly so when you ripped into my analysis as absolute shite, but it being shite totally changes when I flip town and magically makes Grey scum?
Your asanalysis is shit. Go back to my dp1 commentary on it, I point out how it isn't based on solid logic.  Some of the commentary was good, the ones based on good logic. I thought the shitty logic was a scummy thing before, because I was thinking, "Hey Budda's smart, he would only use logical fallacies, if he was trying to force some reads".

That said, i didn't think every statement  was based on bad logic.

My guess would be he was trying to say you were trapping him DP1. You insisted he vote Supa, then came out immediately DP2 and flipped on ur read. Thats a pretty blatant and transparent set up of an FoS.

True, it seems so. I knew it would look that way if he flipped inno, but I was certain he was guilty, so I didn't care. I'm  in shock now. I've never felt so strongly about somebody being guilty  been wrong. I know you've felt that stongly and was wrong before.

I assume I'll be lynched this dp/ I made a huge error. I was 100% sure that GP was guilty., so I pushed hard for his lynch. I saw him do things I saw scum do, like waffle on the hammer. I thought man town would not be  scared to look scummy after a wrong quick hammer, but scum percieve hammering  as drawing suspicion on themselves. I saw tons of actions that could be attributed to scum.

I have no reads, the ones I had before, I'm dismissing. Apparently I can't contribute any behavioral analysis, since I suck at it. I don't trust myself, I feel lost. I'm mad at myself and want to quit after being  wrong. I keep going out of a sense of obligation, but don't want to. I don't want to sub in either. I'll just hurt town.

I was so certain he was guilty, so I almost claimed  cop who got a guilty result?

NO, he said he hammered supa as some sort of set-up to prove I was scum, not as me laying a trap for him. Me laying a trap for him would have made sense from his POV, but from his POV it shows a contradiction. He claimed he knew I was town, but also claimed he knew I was scum and laying a trap for me (in referance to DP1 not dp2 where his read changed). He was lying about his motivations for hammering dp1, with that statement. He also refused to answer one user who asked him about his motivations. Why would any towny not immediately answer a simple question? I assumed the only explanation was that he was scum who was trying to buy time to make up a lie, or he couldn't think of a good lie so was just trying to dodge the question.

I have boxes I check off in my head. I think of each behavior and the possible meanings. Sometimes I will actually write down a list of all possible meanings, and if no town reasons come up, than I place them in the scum category. No town reasons came up for lying about setting me up for a trap. Some doubt about his guilt started to creep into my mind, but when he blatantly lied it secured it for me.

Your terrible logic, made me put you in the scum category. The behavior I analyzed was "budda was making some absolutely horrible and what should be obvious logical fallacies". I thought what town motivations could explain this, and what came to my head is that you're an idiot who is just too stupid to recognize your own cognitive distortions or to know when you are making a fallacious statement, and then I thought "That can't be right, budda is a smart guy. I then started to think of scum reasons. I thought, it makes sense. scum can't actually create scum tells on town, because members of town are town, so what they might do is have to use fucked up logic to make it look like they're doing real world actual analysis.

You were town, so I realized I was wrong about something there, but I can't figure it out. I still can't. You could be scum right now, which sucks if you are because I need honest criticism about how I scum hunt.

Below is another example of shitty logic, but apparently that is not a scum tell for you so I can't put you as scum, but it can work to illustrate my frustration.

, but it being shite totally changes when I flip town and magically makes Grey scum?

No, I explained my scum read was for the reasons I listed for argent, not for your reads. I merely thought your analysis on him specifically had merit, not that your analysis made him guilty. The above is shitty logic because it distorts what happened instead of looking at what actually happened. In budda's mind "Wylted claimed GP was scum because of my analysis on him" In reality what happened was "wylted scum read GP because his waffling at the end, blatant lying about setting a trap and all the reasons he gave argent, but also thought budda's analysis had some merit and could help explain why GP was scum".

--------------------------

You'll still do that stupid shit of distorting reality though and thinking some off the wall shit, like above. I just wish you wouldn't .

"He's ringing every town and scum alarm at the same time."
You'll still do that stupid shit of distorting reality though and thinking some off the wall shit, like above. I just wish you wouldn't .

"He's ringing every town and scum alarm at the same time." Note, players who do that are usually town, as the scum alarms can be attributed to townies generally caring less about how they look in comparison to actually catching scum. 
Townies shouldn't care how they look period, end of story.

I'll still town read on supa. I think him wanting to lynch budda at the beginning of dp2 was a clear tell that he had no clue who the NK was, and honestly I think he is too stupid to be able to generate that town tell in a phony way. I'm still just going to get on the biggest wagons and stay there because I can't trust my own thoughts at all.

Wylted
Wylted
I wanna be replaced so bad right now. I can't do 15 posts of decent quality because I'm just going to keep all my analysis to myself. All of it sucks anyway.
Wylted
Wylted
Me lynching innocent players is now being brought up in debates. This whole site is full of assholes who stalk me and to the point of knowing everything I wrote in forums they don't even participate in

My opponent was online frequently throughout the day and had ample time to participate in other activities on the site, including a game of forum mafia where he successfully incited the other players to lynch an innocent individual.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
3 innocents were killed, or am I not understanding what a mislynch is?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I think you are referring to one of the night kills as a mislynch.
Wylted
Wylted
lynching occurrs in the dp
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Wylted
Yeah you are right
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Wylted
Townies shouldn't care how they look period, end of story. 

First off, no. They generally will care less as the top priority is scumhunting. But a total disregard of ones own appearance leads to getting ML'd. 

But, this is why ur looking pretty scummy for ur play in this game largely centering around making yourself appear town(falsely), leaving urself outs to walk back posts in case suspicion arises, flipping on reads for reasons that dont align. 

You say, "i was basing it off argent" note, this is a prime example of a motive of self-preservation, and leaving an out to walk back posts and avoid suspicion. 

Post #5 DP2

"It's worth revisiting buddas analysis"

"His(GP) actions are inconsistent with his reads and his meta."

In my analysis i specifically outlined and evidenced how GP was overwhelmingly sticking to his town and null meta. But beyond that, the inconsistency you pointed to was him voting for Supa at the end of DP1. 

Want to talk about inconsistency? 

DP1 I FoS'd you early on for deviating from your standard self-admitted narcissism(personality meta) in ceding control to Aporia. You deviated from meta, but acted pro-town. For which you clearly thought you should have gotten town cred for doing so. As you did it for the sake of progressing the game. 

But yet GP is scummy in your view because he deviated from meta and voted Supa to progress the game? 

Then we have from DP1, ur read on me in comparison to TR'ing Greyparrot. The reaction I had to Warren, and the reaction GP had to you, were fundamentally the same, and were regarding fundamentally, the same kind of tell.(ignorance tell as a town tell.). Yet I was scum, and GP was town. 

You do understand tells outweigh other forms of analysis right? Like for example I'd prob be FoS'ing Roberts. But he town telled via a PM(which i pointed out at the time) to me, so his suspicious behavior is outweighed by the obvious town tell. 

The precedng paragraph isnt scummy in itself. Its a meta point. 

I think he is too stupid to be able to generate that town tell in a phony way

Ok? And if scum he wouldn't be all by his lonesome, so how is this even relevant? What i see here is you desperately clinging to that being a tell because it's rooted in the same behavior you displayed. It's really one of if not the only thing ur remaining consistent on/have remained so. But I see that rooted in self preservation, not actual consistency in reads because not TR'ING him de facto makes your "tell" meaningless
Wylted
Wylted
You're an idiot. I haven't attempted to generate town tells on myself. Him voting Supa was not the only inconsistent scummy action. His waffling is more indicative of scumminess aso well as some other stuff I pointed out and stuff I refused to. 

My philosophy early on has remained consistent. Target unknowns early with the exception of clear noobs and don't have too many wagons, support a random one if you have to. My early please has been identical without much change for several years.

My read on GP had nothing to do with the reasons you mentioned, you're being an idiot or a liar again. My reads were for the reasons I mentioned and for reasons I have not been able to find words to describe. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Wylted
Not saying i couldnt be wrong here, and full claiming and explaining your night actions would go a long way. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Wylted
My read on GP had nothing to do with the reasons you mentioned

Literally post #5 dp2. Your gonna deny what's first page on DP2? "My read had nothing to do with that" Sureeeeeee bud, that's why you brought it up and used it to justify voting GP.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Now that ur being called on it ur switching to, "it was because of what argent said!" and "for things you have not found words to describe." 

what i see in that is, "I was manufacturing shit and creating contrived posts that had nothing to do with my actual behavior."

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Which is fine, cause that's exactly what i think anyways. So please, do tell me more about how posts you made regarding reads and player behaviors, were irrelevant to ur actual reads?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Buddamoose
Things I said to argent. Not what argent said. Like seriously what the duck is wrong with you. This is some serious twisting, and yeah i'll probably have to full claim soon, but hopefully I don't have to. I was hoping to die in the night and help town avoid what seems like a mislynch that is bound to happen at some point if not today
Wylted
Wylted
Maybe I am being pedantic,  but I think what you said was not a fair representat ion of what I meant there. I'mean very particular about what meaning I want to be taken away and. Your interpretation is slightly off.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Wylted
Things I said to argent. Not what argent said.

Which still leaves us with that first post, post #5, in which you voted for GP being irrelevant and contrived by your own admission as a consequence of stating your read wasn't based off that, it was based off what you said to argent. 

Either that first post was legit, in which case the inconsistency and contrivance is obvious. Or it wasn't, in which case the inconsistency and contrivances remains obvious.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Buddamoose
Where does a anything I say to Argent contradict post number 5? I don't have time to actually write down all my reasons for wanting to lynch somebody.  None of those things were contradictions, and both were attempts at securing a lynch more than they were at actually exposing my logic, not that it matters because neither post contradicted the other or say what you idiotically think they say
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Wylted
but I think what you said was not a fair representat ion of what I meant there. I'mean very particular about what meaning I want to be taken away 

And you are more than welcome to have that opinion. Just as I have the opinion you made it clearly obvious, independent of your own admission, to your behavior overwheingly being rooted in self preservation and not in scumhunting. 

So basically, the information you got from your role is useful, but it's a scummy role? Yeah, that doesn't seem to jive. I think ur trying to worm into a way to paint me as scummy despite already saying you visited Aporia DP1, and staying quiet, belying that useful information couldn't be negative, else you would have outted it. 

You might as well come out and full claim, you and I both know its gonna happen. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Buddamoose
No, the information you get from my role will be useful. Fighting for that lynch of GP was clearly not motivated by self preservation
Wylted
Wylted
The information will be unavailable if I out the role. Like if I say I will visit you tonight, then perhaps the information will be useful next dp
Wylted
Wylted
I asked if you were silenced to see if I had like a secret flavor like I silence people, I visit. I didn't hear from aporia last DP or warren this DP, so I still don't know if this role is flavored to silence people I visit.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Wylted
Where does a anything I say to Argent contradict post number 5

So post #5 was a legitimate post in which you were outlining reasons why GP was scum? 

Then refer to previous posts for why its inconsistent and contrived. I wasnt saying they were contradictory. Rather was pointing out that you stated 

No, I explained my scum read was for the reasons I listed for argent, not for your reads

Which, ok, thats cool. So then post #5 was BS and pointing out, "if we look back at Buddas reads" was fapse contrivance to pass of GP being scum(which is not what my analysis as a whole communicated, especially regarding meta and consistency to that and his reads.

Quite literally post #5 DP2

"Re-analyzing Buddas post has merit" 

"GP's behavior is inconsistent with his reads and meta."

Quite literally 95% of my analysis on GP reinforced he was overwhelmingly remaining consistent in reads and town/null meta. So my analysis on GP has merit, except the most relevant part to why you were holding him as scum in post #5? 

On a "meta" note. You should stay away from meta analysis. From thinking FT was in a debate about the noov rule, to GP, you are illustrating you have little grasp on meta, despite trying to contrive that you do. 

On a third note, 

My philosophy early on has remained consistent. Target unknowns early with the exception of clear noobs

Except this is even further inconsisten with your behavior. You say you've been targeting unknowns. This is wholly out of line with your bw onto me early DP1. Our experience with one another goes way back. 

At the time i called you out for separate reasons than this for that. You went, "he's trying to pretend like i couldn't have another reason for voting." Here you finally supply what you want us to think you are consistently following. 

But your pressuring of me early DP1 is not in line with that, as our experience with one another goes way back. So you haven't even been consistent with the one thing you swear ur being consistent to. 😂