Atheists are cowards.

Author: Tradesecret

Total: 203
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
It's been my experience that Atheists love to show up to religious threads.  They get to have their say. They get to destroy their opponents.  They get to prove how cool they are in the world of philosophy.

But this is why I say they are cowards.  Because they are afraid to reveal what they believe.  For instance, what do Atheists believe? 

Nothing. One common doctrine. God doesn't exist. An argument based on a negative. That is it.  Nothing else. We are not allowed to know what else they believe - because there is no common factor. 

Hence why Atheists are COWARDS.   They criticize - but without fear of being criticized. That is not criticism. That is safe ground.  Bogus. really. 

Are there more doctrines for the atheist than there is no God? No.   nary  a one. LOL! laughable. And weak.  Cowardly really. there is no other words that can account for this state of being. A worldview - that is not really a worldview - a position - that is not really a position - a statement that allows no criticism. Imagine if we tried to apply to that any religion?  It would be laughed out of the stadium.  that is why Atheism is cowardly. One rule for them. 

My view is that only people with worldviews should be allowed to contribute in a religious forum.   An atheist ought be rejected unless they can provide a worldview to be considered.  Unless this occurs - then there is no basis of comparing and contrasting. There is no basis for conversation.

Unless an atheist is able to come up with a worldview - then the atheist's opinions ought not be welcome. 

We should not be permitted to criticize others unless we have something alternative to offer. Atheists have nothing to offer - of their own admission - so why ought we subject to ANY of their criticisms.  By admitting they have no other doctrines, they admit they use religious doctrines to live their lives.  

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Tradesecret
What do non-smokers believe? Nothing. This is essentially what you’re arguing. Most atheists just live their lives just as religious people do. 

Don’t let BrotherD.Thomas get to you. 
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Tradesecret
It wouldn’t be so frustrating if you had enough evidence to meet the burden of proof you give yourself when you make a claim, such as “a god exists”.

You’re confusing atheists with atheism. Atheism has no worldview because that’s not what it is. It’s the rejection of theistic claims. Any attempt to add a worldview into that is wrong because there is nothing about any worldview you add that is necessarily a part of atheism. This is like the question “what do all women want?”. The very act of answering this question with a desire you believe to be common amongst all women is itself demonstrative of the fact that you don’t understand the scope of the question.

If there is one thing most atheists accept as a foundation of their worldview it’s skepticism. So if you’d like to have a conversation with atheists about what they believe while sticking to this subject, spend some time discussing epistemology. Things what kind of evidence is needed to support various claims, where is the line between accepting a proposition vs not accepting vs denying it as false, and where the default position lies.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Tradesecret

Some have gone so far as to argue religion may actually be a form of mental illness. In 2006, biologist Richard Dawkins published his book The God Delusion, in which he characterizes belief in God as delusional. Dawkins cites the definition of a delusion as “a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence, especially as a symptom of a psychiatric disorder.”
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Tradesecret
Eh, online individuals can often be argumentative, uncooperative, religious or atheist,
Though I'd not say the most vocal always represent 'best, their groups,

Personally I think there's,
No afterlife,
That our morals are born of nature, nurture, and game theory,
That we nonetheless hold moral habits, goals, and ethics, preferences we lean towards and follow, it doesn't matter if I'm an intellectual nihilist, seeing on how I'm still human, possessing a heart so to speak, figuratively and literally.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
This forum specifically is troll centered. Nothing special. There's no conversation, there's no dialogue and there's no debate everybody comes here (mods included), takes a s*** and walks away.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Tradesecret
  Because they are afraid to reveal what they believe.  For instance, what do Atheists believe?   Nothing. One common doctrine. God doesn't exist.
Not one common doctrine.  Some Atheists believe that gods must not exist.  Some assert that the question is unfalsifiable as constructed.  Ultimately, faith can always be reduced to a mysterious claim- there are some unknowns that must be treated as unsolvable and  as least some unfalsifiable claims one must be accept as true.  Some Atheists deny any mystery but most only deny that any mystery is irresolvable, just because no solution has yet been understood.

An argument based on a negative. That is it. 
Not an argument at all,  Atheism is exclusively counterargument.  That is, Atheism makes no specific claim and so accepts no burden of proof of any claim.

Nothing else. We are not allowed to know what else they believe - because there is no common factor. 
This is false.  The scientific method describes the world view of most Atheists.

Hence why Atheists are COWARDS.   They criticize - but without fear of being criticized. That is not criticism. That is safe ground.  Bogus. really. 
You are criticizing Atheists now, disproving your claim as you make it.

Are there more doctrines for the atheist than there is no God? No.   nary  a one.
That's good.  Indoctrination is the enemy of free thinking.

Cowardly really. there is no other words that can account for this state of being. A worldview - that is not really a worldview - a position - that is not really a position - a statement that allows no criticism. Imagine if we tried to apply to that any religion?  It would be laughed out of the stadium.  that is why Atheism is cowardly. One rule for them. 
Actually, science is more courageous than faith because it invites peer review without resort to mystery.  It takes more courage to remain moral in a world without a human made meaning, or the backing of superaliens, or the reward of eternal comfort

My view is that only people with worldviews should be allowed to contribute in a religious forum.   An atheist ought be rejected unless they can provide a worldview to be considered.  Unless this occurs - then there is no basis of comparing and contrasting. There is no basis for conversation.
Assuming you won't accept the reality of science as a worldview, you are essentially using worldview as a euphemism for religion here. 
Unless an atheist is able to come up with a worldview - then the atheist's opinions ought not be welcome. 
SInce you are on a debate website, you may have noticed that debate doesn't work like that.  PRO doesn't get to demand that CON make some false claim.  PRO's job is to make a compelling argument for some claim, CON's job is to knock PRO's claim down.  

We should not be permitted to criticize others unless we have something alternative to offer. Atheists have nothing to offer - of their own admission - so why ought we subject to ANY of their criticisms.  By admitting they have no other doctrines, they admit they use religious doctrines to live their lives.  
Science is the alternative.  Observation is the alternative.  Faith asserts the influence of something that cannot be measured or repeated: 1x must equal infinity because x is undefined.  Science asserts that any influence must remain undefined until that influence can be measured and repeated.  1x equals undefined.

You are saying that Atheists haven't given you their worldview but that's quite false,  You are just failing to appreciate that the practice and understanding of science, reason, math represent a legitimate worldview because those measurements don't match your construction according to your faith.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Tradesecret
 Perhaps the most powerful argument for atheism is the argument from evil.  According to this line of reasoning, the fact that the world contains evil is powerful evidence that God does not exist.  This is because God is supposed to be the most perfect being possible, and among these perfections is both perfect power and perfect goodness.  If God were perfectly powerful, then he would be able to eliminate all instances of evil.  If God were perfectly good, then he would want to eliminate all instances of evil.  Thus, if God exists, there would be no evil.  But there is evil.  Therefore, God does not exist.

Isn't a child dying from cancer, evil?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If one was to ask ( EVERY THEIST )  on this site . 
Are they currently in the correct religious group  ?   I feel you will find a overwhelming  100% yes.  

INTO

a google search:  
    HOW MANY RELIGIONS ARE THERE IN THE WORLD TODAY ?     =  approximately 10k.
Lets say  (  9k ) 

Sooooooooooò
50 out of 50 theists are allllllll in the " CORRECT " religious group..  
And the correct religious group is one of them 9k .
These ummmm.    " facts " 
These numbers are truly phenomenal. 

Thus concludes.

THEISTS ARE "UNCANNILY , ASTONISHING,  BRILLIANT RELIGIOUS GROUP PICKERS.    

▪°•○¤▪°○•¤▪°○•▪¤○°▪•○¤▪°○¤▪°○¤▪•○¤○•○ ☆☆☆☆ ▪°•○¤○▪°○•▪°○•▪°○ 

Me a mear human blooded atheist   , i  can not help but feel that when it comes to joining one group out of 9,000 
I might not join the " correct " one true one of the bat. 

Yet theists.
  strangely are correctly  100% ( SPOT ON ) joining the one and only true correct group EVERYTIME,  one after another.  

So again. 

THEISTS ARE REALLY  GREAT AND GIFTED ( RELIGIOUS GROUP ) PICKERS 
Pickerereeres . 
FULL STOP

Please teach us Atheists. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
What i suspect. 

THE MISSING LINK?

I suspect that.  
Well 
Now hear me out. 

I suspect  that Beliving in a god type thing , has something to do with being in a religious group.. 

Picture believing in a god thing having something to do with being in one of them religious group things? 

It must happen like a over night or something. ,
You start believing that maybe a god thing did like didmake us.  
And you then all of a sudden  find yourself,  wanting to join a religious group.  

Or vice versa.  

The milks sour.
And i aint the kind of pussy to drink it. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Tradesecret

I pray (to the simulation creators) that you find Humanism.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Atheists have very little if any experience in (GROUP SINGING )  
I haven't group sung for 2 years now. 

THEISTS ARE EXPERIENCED , GREAT GROUP SINGERS. 

If i only knew that not believing in god meant,  i will participating in  very little group singing throughout the rest of my life ,  i might of tried harder to believe. 

Its almost like you think atheists have lost nothing by not being abke to believe in a god type thing. 
I sure miss amateur  religious grade group singing..  

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@oromagi
Science and religion have nothing to do with one another. Science is not the alternative to religion there are plenty of theists who have no issues with science whatsoever, quit spreading this lie this is why people hate you all.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
-->@oromagi
Science and religion have nothing to do with one another.
Manifestly False.  Both are ontological.  Both describe our nature and try to define our existence.

You should re-read my post.  

• You have presumed I am an Atheist because I contradict Tradesecret's anti-Atheism
  • You have presumed I have offered Science as a replacement for Religion when I said no such thing.  Tradesecret claims that Atheists have no worldview, I argued that the world view of many atheists is described by science  Just because science offers atheists a worldview doesn't mean that non-scientists can't share in that worldview.
    • I think these points are clear, which means that you have called me a liar and characterized me as hated based on your poor comprehension- which is not a good look.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@oromagi
Science is the alternative
Your own words you liar. Saying science is a worldview is like saying math is it's the dumbest f****** s*** I ever heard.
oromagi
oromagi
Noun
worldview (plural worldviews)
  1. One's personal view of the world and how one interprets it.
  2. The totality of one's beliefs about reality.
  3. A general philosophy or view of life. 
I'd say that most of the modern worldview is described by science.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@oromagi
Yes, people with modern worldviews emphasize rationality and science, and they question imposed views from (religious) traditions and the past. They’re often assertive and question what they see as ‘group think’ or dogma. The philosopher Immanuel Kant declared as motto for the Enlightenment ‘sapere aude!’, Latin for ‘dare to think!’. With this, he highlighted the need to use reason to liberate oneself from superstitions and conventions of the past.
This worldview can be seen as a response to the limitations of more traditional life conditions, including the sometimes compulsive and oppressive loyalty to the group. It elevates the individual by emphasizing its inherent dignity, and it offers new ideals of democracy, equality, human rights, and freedom. There’s a sense of optimism, a future-orientation, and a belief in ‘progress’ (which was empowered by the stunning successes of the ‘modern sciences’). One of the biggest strengths of this worldview is its commitment to individual autonomy, rationality, and objectivity.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Tradesecret
If you picked your understanding of reality based on what seems least cowardly, you probably did not choose the one closest to truth.

Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
Theists bear the BoP. Atheism is the label which is given to one who is on the negative side of the debate, whilst theists are on the positive. It doesn't matter what the world view of the atheist is for that is not what is in discussion. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
When it comes to discussing religion atheist shouldn't even be at the table they have no dog in the hunt, they have no cards in the game. Yet they feel the need to stick their noses in and give their opinion on something they don't even believe in. F*** them.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
I do not believe anything that cannot be proven to be true.

In fact, belief is a silly concept.

If you knew that your GOD was real, you wouldn't need to believe that it was.

All that you currently have, is acceptance without proof.....AKA blind faith.....AKA belief.

As ever, I accept the idea of a GOD principle....AKA purpose.

Just as I accept the idea of purposelessness.

And also as ever.....I do not run with the floaty about bloke fantasy myth thing.

And proposing that "Atheists are cowards" is as just as silly, though what one might expect from certain mega-theists.

But you let yourself down Trade. 

Not understanding and accepting non-belief is somewhat, intellectually bereft.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
The worst part about being a atheist for me  is having to belive in the T.O.E. 

The best part about being a atheist is.   
I am now a scientist. ( glasses and white coat. )
Lar de fuking dar. 

Going further over the rules. 
Atheist are ALLOWED to believe in a afterlife*

Wowwwww i never new that. 

Butttttttt because i am a atheist. I have to be accepting to gay people. 

Oh this is difficult.  
But I strive sooooooooooooooo hard to be a TRUE atheist.   
Like a real true ATHEIST.  I dare not step overthe bounds. 
He,He 

Go team ATHEIST........  

If atheists had to walk through doorways backwards,  i wouldn't be a atheist. I never walk through  doors backwards.   

Ok i am off ............. back to the lab to mix chemicals in beakers  

And NOT MEANING TO BOAST BUTTTTTTTT . 
I am more atheistar , atheistickle  then most of you basic level 1 run of the mill commen atheists 
I am on a much higher level of atheist izum, a grandmaster if you will.  
As long as my mind doesn't slip and i start believing something that a theist believes , i should be good. 

so fukin atheist 

Good game.
Good game.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Atheist can turn left at traffic lights can't they?

Yeh im good.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Actually it isn't hard imaging someone being more atheist then another.    

So now imagine the point of being so atheistic just before you turn into a beautiful  ( anti-theist )  

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Atheists don't believe allah is god.
Christians don't believe allah is god. 

The way you arrive to this conclusion?  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If i started believing in god.   there is a 84.8% chance of that god being the christian god.  

Its kind of like. 
I know what religion i would most likely be apart of if i was to ummmmm " find god "  

If i started believing in god . There is a .73% chance it woukd be xenu, the scientology alien one

Agian my suspicions prick up. 

Beliving in god has something to do with being in a religious group.      
I am almost positive of it. 

Two totaly diffrent MAJOR  things.  
1.  Believing in a god thing.
2.  Joining a religious group. 

amandragon01
amandragon01
-->
@Tradesecret
It's been my experience that Atheists love to show up to religious threads.  They get to have their say. They get to destroy their opponents.  They get to prove how cool they are in the world of philosophy.
Personally I prefer to simply question. I find theology interesting, not convinced by its claims though.

But this is why I say they are cowards.  Because they are afraid to reveal what they believe.  For instance, what do Atheists believe? 
What would you like to know my beliefs on?

Nothing. One common doctrine. God doesn't exist. An argument based on a negative. That is it.  Nothing else. We are not allowed to know what else they believe - because there is no common factor. 
Well, I mean you can ask an atheist what they believe. You just can't apply that to all atheists. Hell you can't even state 'God doesn't exist' as a 'doctrine' of atheism. The only position you can attribute to atheism is not believing in a god.

Are there more doctrines for the atheist than there is no God? No.   nary  a one. LOL! laughable. And weak.  Cowardly really. there is no other words that can account for this state of being. A worldview - that is not really a worldview - a position - that is not really a position - a statement that allows no criticism. Imagine if we tried to apply to that any religion?  It would be laughed out of the stadium.  that is why Atheism is cowardly. One rule for them. 
I don't see atheism as a world view. It informs my opinion on one particular position it doesn't inform my day to day decision making in the least (I moved to one of the most Catholic countries in the world and most people who know me don't know my religious position and the few that do were surprised to find I wasn't a theist of some stripe. It's my opinion on one claim).

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion, but it's my opinion that your wrong. Claims should stand on their merit. Not on that of other claims. If you claim X and someone questions that claim. The only real question is, can your claim withstand the questions?

You'll find most atheists have a world view (I don't know as anyone can avoid having a world view). It's just not necessarily tied to their atheism. To be clear I have a world view. It informs my position on creator gods not the other way around. Nor is it based on one point, claim or belief. I don't know as I'd consider myself having a 'doctrine' I have views and beliefs, I have opinions and ideas. None of those are dependent on religious beliefs however. Can you explain why you assert I must accept yours?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@amandragon01
Can you explain why you assert I must accept yours?
No one cares if you believe or have faith or practice. Go be your atheist self.
amandragon01
amandragon01
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
If you don't care then why waste your time in engaging me? I engage in discussion on the topic of religion because I find them (and the reason people give for believing them) interesting. I find it surprising that theists object to this. Why do you disapprove of someone asking questions of your beliefs on a forum specifically for the purpose of discussing those very beliefs?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@amandragon01
Your the one here in a religion forum harassmening theists.