2022 NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors vs. Boston Celtics.

Author: Athias

Total: 45
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
On June 8, 2022, Boston Celtics Win Game 3 of the 2022 NBA Finals (Sorry, I've been away.)
Athias
Athias
The Golden State Warriors Win Game 4 of the 2022 NBA Finals.
Mharman
Debates: 22
Mharman
2-2
Athias
Athias
The Golden State Warriors Win Game 5 of the 2022 NBA Finals (GSW up 3-2.)
Tarik
Debates: 1
Tarik
The Golden State Warriors Win the 2022 NBA Finals, congratulations Wardell Stephen Curry on winning his 4th ring and 1st Finals MVP.
Athias
Athias
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul Jabar
3. Bill Russell
4. Magic Johnson
5. Tim Duncan
6. Shaquille O'Neal
7. Steph Curry
8. LeBron James
9. Larry Bird
10. Hakeem Olajuwon

Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Athias
1. Michael Jordan
2. LeBron James
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
4. Magic Johnson
5. Tim Duncan
6. Shaquille O’Neal
7. Larry Bird
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Wilt Chamberlain (not too sure about this one considering I only seen him on tape)
10. Steph Curry
Athias
Athias
Steph Curry 2022 Finals Game 6 Stats:

34 Pts, 7 Assists, 7 Rebounds 12/21 FG (57.1%,) 6-11 3PFG (54.5%,) 4-4 FT (100%,) 2 Steals, 1 Block - FINALS MVP.

Athias
Athias
-->
@Tarik
You don't have Bill Russell on your list. 11 rings don't mean anything?
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Athias
You don't have Bill Russell on your list. 11 rings don't mean anything? 
Of course it does but just like Wilt I haven’t really seen the man outside of tape. I guess I could put an asterisk to his name as an honorable mention.

Mharman
Debates: 22
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
6 games it was.
Athias
Athias
I didn't think that the Boston Celtics could match up with the Warriors offensively, and I was right. Honestly, if not for some baffling errors by the Golden State Warriors, this could've been a sweep, or at the very least won in five games. I do hope that the Boston Celtics bounce back from this because I do have an immense appreciation for well-run systems i.e. (Golden State Warriors, San Antonio Spurs, Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks, etc.)

As for Steph Curry, I propelled him high on my top 10 list because this win was rather impressive. Individually, he faced off against the defensive player of the year at his position. Kind of like how Michael Jordan faced off against Gary Payton Sr. in the '96 Finals.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Athias
As for Steph Curry, I propelled him high on my top 10 list because this win was rather impressive. 
And still choked a 3-1 lead (1st in Finals history) to a guy you have ranked 8th behind him 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

Athias
Athias
-->
@Tarik
And still choked a 3-1 lead (1st in Finals history) to a guy you have ranked 8th behind him 🤦🏾‍♂️ 
If you can put LeBron at #2, I can put Steph at #7. And let me remind you that in three of their four Finals match ups, Steph and the Warriors were the victors. And while Steph Curry may not be the "better" individual player, he has the better impact on a championship paradigm. And as I've already stated, I don't count the "bubble championship," which was more like an AAU tournament. Greatness, for me at least, is based on maximizing one's team's success, which is the primary goal of organized basketball. And Steph Curry is better at that than LeBron, at least at the monment. LeBron is great, even though he hasn't necessarily lived up to his hype (and I wouldn't blame him for all of it,) but Steph Curry at the moment is greater.

Again, we're not going to agree on the measures. What's justifiable to you is not necessarily justifiable to me, and vice versa. I've been watching the NBA since the mid-to-late 80's (though, I was really young at the time.) I'm not even pretending to be impartial. If LeBron is your second favorite player of all-time, then don't mind my statements. You don't need my acknowledgement to validate your favoritism.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Athias
And let me remind you that in three of their four Finals match ups, Steph and the Warriors were the victors. 
And let me remind you that only one of their four Finals match ups wasn’t lopsided, funny how you distinguish Steph from the Warriors in those three out of four matchups when the distinction lies in the FMVP which Steph never was.

And while Steph Curry may not be the "better" individual player, he has the better impact on a championship paradigm.
Hence his FMVP’s (I mean FMVP 😬).

Greatness, for me at least, is based on maximizing one's team's success, which is the primary goal of organized basketball.
You mean like in 2007 when a 22 year old Bron dragged a bunch of scrubs to the finals? Or in 2015 when he took a 2-1 lead against Steph with Matthew Dellavedova as his 2nd best player? Or in 2018 when he dragged his second group of scrubs to the Finals? LeBron is the literal definition of team maximization and he’s proven time and time again that he can do more with less then Steph.

at least at the monment.
At the moment the man is going into year 20 to pass Kareem as the all-time leading scorer, so of course he’s gonna be better at the moment. Let’s see what Steph looks like in year 20 with those weak little ankles 😂  but all jokes aside prime for prime it’s not even close (although LeBron still performed at a pretty high level for a guy about to enter his 20th season, if he had a little more team success he could’ve been an MVP candidate).

You don't need my acknowledgement to validate your favoritism.
Favoritism and greatness are not synonymous.