@Polytheist-Witch
Find women, swinging dick
What are you talking about. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
The video is satire, but C'mon, look at the difference in PT standards between men and women.
why not simply make height and weight and the ability to carry a supply pack a specific distance the criteria ?

or muscle to fat ratio

or demonstrable skill at a specific task
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
It is important to maintain a constant awareness of and vigilant respect of our epistemological limits.
What does that mean?
it means that men men can be honestly mistaken for women women (mostly by conservatives)

it means that women women can be honestly mistaken for men men (mostly by conservatives)

and their refusal to admit this

demonstrates a fundamental and fatal error in their worldview
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@3RU7AL
I don't actually know the people in the military and government's reasons.

But height, weight, age, are already factored into expected PT scores,
As well as passing various tests.
Demonstrable skill at a specific task is also taken into account in evaluations.

If the military raised standards, for women to that of men of the same height, weight, age,
Far, far fewer women would pass, I'm pretty sure,
Again, even of the same height, weight, age, the women would on average 'not meet expected performance.

Just look at sports records, how is the difference between sex not obvious to you?
You say height and weight, do you really think a person's sex has no influence on their physical ability?

Why do you think we separate motorcycles and bicycles races?
. . .

For me It's not about,
"it means that men men can be honestly mistaken for women women (mostly by conservatives)
it means that women women can be honestly mistaken for men men (mostly by conservatives)"

It's about men claiming to be women, and women claiming to be men,
Even if they 'mean it honestly, they're still wrong,
And I disagree with society claiming they're right.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
It's about men claiming to be women, and women claiming to be men,
and i'm trying to point out

that gay men already go to the men's room

does that make you uncomfortable ?

how would a woman entering the men's room

make you any more uncomfortable ?
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@3RU7AL
I don't recall thinking of it much at the time,
Were at least two gay guys in training,
Even if shared a room, probably only feel minor discomfort before adjusting,

Social conventions, norms.

You could obfuscate and neutral talk many instances, but it doesn't mean I'm going to accept them,
You could say people see insects and animals mate in nature often enough, or that people view it on the TV often enough,
Why should anyone be bothered by people doing it on a public bus? Or be bothered by some individual fondling themself in the public library.

I'm not trying to call trans perverted with those examples,
I'm disagreeing with your disregard of social conventions and norms.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Lemming
You should really try to use better examples because immediately you go to two examples of sexual inappropriateness. Being trans is not about being sexually inappropriate. Wearing a face covering would have been considered socially inappropriate or suspicious before and now it's not. Gauges and one's ear lobes still kind of peeks people's irritation because they view those people in a certain manner same with tattoos. While both of those are becoming more socially acceptable they're certainly was a point in time when they weren't so why not use examples like that where we're talking about physical appearance instead of going to the pervy sex stuff.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You make a good point,
And it's unfortunate that sexual inappropriate examples are the first that come to my mind.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
I'm disagreeing with your disregard of social conventions and norms.
and i'm asking you, how a woman who objects to someone they think looks like a man, is supposed to know if that person actually is a man (without a dna sample and or a strip-search) ?
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@3RU7AL
Some people are androgynous in appearance (not sexual organs), but I don't think that's the same as a transexual.
I'm pretty sure you're referencing that one incident you referred to a while back,
And all I can say is that it's not how I would have handled the situation.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
Some people are androgynous, but I don't think that's the same as a transexual.
i agree

but how can anyone know the difference without a dna sample and or a strip-search ?
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@3RU7AL
'Most of the time sex is easy enough for people to tell by appearance, attire, voice.
Women usually look like women, and men like men, even with their clothes on.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
'Most of the time sex is easy enough for people to tell by appearance, attire, voice.
Women usually look like women, and men like men, even with their clothes on.
people don't realize how often they're mistaken about determining someone else's gender at a glance

for example,

i believe that all toupées look awful and are always obvious

this is clearly sample-bias

because many toupées look perfectly normal and are not at all obvious, but i can't know that, because i only notice the awful and obviously bad ones
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@3RU7AL
Does it 'matter if one can hide candy they didn't buy from the movie theater under their coat? Movie theater 'still makes money by not allowing outside food sources.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
Does it 'matter if one can hide candy they didn't buy from the movie theater under their coat? Movie theater 'still makes money by not allowing outside food sources.
strangely, it's not against any law to carry a package of candy in your pocket

and movie theaters do not currently require a full-body scan and or pat-down and or strip-search
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@3RU7AL
What law are you referencing/complaining about in particular?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Lemming
The Human Rights Campaign condemned the passage of legislation, H.B. 322, out of the Alabama State Senate, that will ban transgender students from using bathrooms and other school facilities that align with their gender identity.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@3RU7AL
Well, I just foresee this as continuing in disagreement between us,
Not that there isn't value in discussion, and attempting to change another's view,
But I've not much more to say,
Not that I'm running from conversation,
I just see another disagreement coming, and would prefer to decline to meet it.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
Market the necessity for people to consume nutrients whilst watching a film.

And people will readily buy into it...At inflated prices.

Such is the gullibility of people.

The duration of a typical film is such, that one is unlikely to either starve or dehydrate.

Spot the pronoun?
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@zedvictor4
The word "one"?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
You know people have been using what bathrooms they've wanted to for a while before this ever became an issue. Women don't tie down their boobs and dress like a man and then walk into a woman's bathroom. Men don't go out of their way to look like women and then use a men's bathroom. And the reason nobody cared was because people just using the bathroom don't bother other people. Especially in women's bathrooms where we have stalls with doors and sometimes a different section where you touch up your makeup and wash your hands.  The guy can go in, be dressed as a woman, nobody to be the wiser use the bathroom and even if you suspect it's a man dress like a woman if they don't bother you and they're just using the bathroom washing their hands touching up their makeup and leaving nobody should give a s***. And I'm telling you right now the reason it was blown out of proportion about the bathroom thing was retaliation by the Democrat government because they jumped the gun on the gay marriage. Democrats wanted to wait, they didn't get to wait they didn't get to control it so they targeted trans people. For all the stink made about bathrooms people that look like women are using women's bathrooms and people that look like men are using men's bathrooms. And nobody's the wiser.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
bingo
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
Got it.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@3RU7AL
@Poly.

A. Men dressed as women and women dressed as men are as obvious as the nose on your face.

People look, people assess and people conclude, and people will respond according to how they have become programmed to respond.

B. "For all the stink made about bathrooms".....Excellent analogy.....Or was that an anal-ogy.

And relative to point A, some people will inevitably kick up a stink....Especially in the bathroom.

Though most people will quietly leave the bathroom and giggle.

C. Ogy....Has a certain onomatopoeic quality to it, don't you think.

Bingo!
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
I agree 3ru, what matters most in restroom or any where one does there waste excretions is some visual and auditory { if possible } privacy. Stalls do this to whatever degree.

I recall story by Mother Teresa { in India } about people all going to the same ditch to do their black water waste from body, and how degrading or ---if forget the word she used--- it is for people doing this. Just a  few years ago, their is program about the city in India that processes so much recyling of stuff, and this city is really nastry and the show these vids of people taking crap on top of large pipes here and there.  Probably cause it is safer higher that down on the ground with bunch of crap all over the ground.

I see now, they crap on top of cylinder, and the water washes it off unto ground.  Yeah makes sense. They have vids of other places people taking a crap also.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
They have vids of people taking a crap.
Such is some other peoples entertainment I suppose.

Funny how humans are taught to get hung up on sex, defecation and urination and more specifically the associated apparatus.

Also interesting how said apparatus became multi-functionally adapted.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Such is some other peoples entertainment I suppose.

It is a documentary about Mumbai, --ergo about life---  as Indias primary city for recyling the most varied kinds of stuff and lots of it.

They also showed this family that runs a nice built restroom that is outhouse of sorts, an they might even have others around --I forget--, bu there whole thing is about religously maintenance of clean with these facilities.

..." With 15,000 factories dedicated to recycling and sorting Mumbai's waste, Dharavi employs 250,000 people just for this. 80% of Mumbai's solid waste is recycled and given new life within Dharavi, an awesome recycling machine without which Mumbai would choke in it's piled up trash. "...

..." Situated in the heart of Mumbai, between 750,000 to a million people (although the actual number is unknown) are squeezed within just a little over 500 acres or 2.1km2. Which makes its population density approximately 277,136/km2 and one of the most densely populated areas in the world. "...

.." But wait.. what is a circular economy?
Our typical system is take (resources from the planet), make something and throw it away. But a circular economy is a system which reuses the resources from ‘waste’ back into the system so it becomes circular. It basically makes sure nothing goes to waste, and everything goes back into the system. "...

Circular economy goldmine

Nothing is wasted in Dharavi.