Video games

Author: badger

Total: 11
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I haven't played video games in years pretty much. I played a little League of Legends with my brother from time to time while he was studying abroad, but that was more phone calls than gaming. 

I do kinda wanna get the new Harry Potter game coming out soon, maybe that reignites something. I loved elder scrolls, Skyrim was boring. Played the Witcher with my brother too for a while, was ok. 

I probably suck at shooters these days. On PC anyway. I tired out CSGO again a while back and yeah just not for me, I've gotten old. 

So what's a game I might like to play?  
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Auto Chess by Dragonest

Legends of Runeterra by Riot Games (same company behind LoL but this is a turn-based strategic deck game).

Online free poker games. If temptation is an issue, Replaypoker.com has only free to it but the free variant on Pokerstars is superior play.

If you want to 1v1 strangers online relatively anonymously try pokernow.com, it lets you stay anonymous in ways PokerStars home games do not
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
Mf’ing TERRARIAAAAA!
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@badger
CoD
badger
badger
I actually thought about Hearthstone but I don't want to learn a game. I just want some brain-off story-based game. 

TERRARIAAAAA
My brother keeps suggesting Minecraft and it ain't happening. CoD is also a no. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@badger
Hearthstone is OG to the genre, like magic the gathering, however LoR is beyond them with what you can achieve as a player who puts only time (not money) into the game. It is also really interesting in terms of Lore and side solo play world.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@badger
Are you seekijg pure casual type games or half mindless, half strategy?

If it is the latter, a game that does work on PC via bluestacks but is meant fir phones is Raid: Shadow Legends. It is very solo and chill but there is a competitive, strategic side to it that you can choose to care about or not. It is repetitive, you gain by fighting same opponents over and over at times.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@badger
Well every game requires some basic level of learning… 

Maybe just mess around in GTA idk
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@badger
Try The Ascent.
Very straightforward gameplay that you can turn your brain off to.
Eye-candy graphics.
Though the main story for my taste is lacking in scope and length.
it’s a bit of a looter as well if that’s your sort of thing. Though that’s more optional.
There’s some replayability value.

34 days later

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@badger
I like xcom2 and company of heroes 2
badger
badger
-->
@Greyparrot
I'll have a look. I think I definitely would like some light strategy kinda game. I tried Stellaris for a while and it's kinda cool but way too much micromanaging.