My dissatisfaction with ties and unmoderated debates

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 45
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
A few days ago, I got chopped off ELO points for tying the Chuck Norris debate with Conservellateral. First off, why does my ELO change for tying? Shouldn't it stay constant as long as it is a tie? To think a debate as honorable as one ending up on the report of DART Bard, I believe this is a serious concern.

The user ComputerNerd voted on that debate against me, claiming that I was not as funny as Pro whilst providing not even a mention of how I am being unfunny. I reported that vote because I don't think that vote explains thorough enough to be valid(I don't think he is voting against me on purpose though), but the mod's response is simply that this debate is a joke debate, so votes are not moderated. Keep in mind that this debate was RATED. What this means is essentially that vote wars on a rated but non-serious debate would be technically allowed, and provably malicious behaviors, disguised as just sub-sufficient harmless votes would technically be tolerated, meaning that such debates on DART are no longer guaranteed to be just anymore, since voters can just manipulate the winrates of both debaters without either of them getting any say. Sure, maybe this site is small enough that such cases has not happened yet or is not big enough for a serious concern, but it still bothers me.

I propose either of the two.
  1. Mods should be ready to moderate any debate votes and remove insufficient ones as long as the debate is rated;
  2. OR Mods should be able to change a joke/non-serious debate from rated to unrated if so, if they think moderating such debates will be too hard.
In that case, either insufficient votes are being removed justly or that informal humor are automatically ineffective to one's ELO rating as soon as such is spotted or called for by reporting as seen by mods. I think this is a good idea.

Either way, that debate should have never affected my ELO points, positively or negatively. It was lighthearted and it was a tie. If you guys have a justification on why a tie results in ELO trading, then tell me here. If you disagree with me, then comment here as well. Just please don't personally attack me for anything I have said and done, and it is fine and I will take them on with a normal heart.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Sorry, there was a typo. That debate's opponent was Conservallectural.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
You tied against a lower rated debater, a rating hit that is less than the loss hit is due and is what you got.

Had nobody voted, no change would occur thanks to an early tweak I got the admin here to do to it.

I understood that you engaged it under the impression that 'joke debate' was not inherently a 'troll debate' and voted as such.

I am neutral on the matter, I got my fair share of rating boost thanks to being gifted at taste battles and rap battles, the edge was important at a time when my debates were getting ignores ending in wasted ties or had members with sinister motives and irrational voting after me.

I can see your side of things and also can thrive if you fail to get this passed.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
Rap battles and song battles don’t really count as non-serious debates and I believe your rating gains due to those are completely justified. It is just non-moderation and rated debates shouldn’t exist at one place. If it is rated, it should be moderated, or it can be changed to an unrated status.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
I believe a non-serious debate should be that the goal of the debate is clearly not or implied to not be what the description says. The Chuck Norris Debate was not who wrote the most practical argument but the funniest. Being someone who used Kritiks as ricin darts, it is really hard for me to write something funny and practical.

Rap battles and song battles are essentially “who can put up the best song/rap here”. The equivalent would be “Funny/Joke battle” where the purpose that is funniness is stated in the description and topic. For debates like this where the hidden goal is not of the topic, I believe should be looked into for unrated shifts.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
1. I just noticed you were blocking me. Grow a pair of balls and grow up.

2. You suck at debating and deserve a low ELO

The reason for this is that you have a very disconnected way of thinking. You also will say stuff in weird ways that could be said without losing meaning in less retarded ways, obviously judges will punish this for you. Your IQ barely reaches 3 digits which makes it hard for you to be creative with arguments as well as reduces your ability to comprehend what your opponents are stating. 

If you want votes on your debates do the following

1. Stop making them absolute dog shit to read

2. Debate topics people actually give a shit about

3. Debate subjects that aren't played out. 

You are welcome
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
You realize that the PMs are a thing right. Publicly insulting me while I am being 180 over your this account and about 250 over your few other accounts will just make you look worse. If you think I suck at debating, the best way is to instigate one and see just how bad I am, not to publicly ashame me. Also, there is always a reason why I block people, and this time it is not a mouse misclick.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
The reason for this is that you have a very disconnected way of thinking. You also will say stuff in weird ways that could be said without losing meaning in less retarded ways, obviously judges will punish this for you. Your IQ barely reaches 3 digits which makes it hard for you to be creative with arguments as well as reduces your ability to comprehend what your opponents are stating.
No, I lost that debate purely because I wasn't funny enough and I didn't see the hidden objective till R2. Humor is subjective and if they don't consider it funny, maybe it is not...

But humor is subjective too. I guess it is mostly that I have completely wasted my R1 without putting my funny points into it.

And I am not trying to be stupid, nor am I one. Just for clarification. Most smart people don't just call other people stupid, and Hawking does not brag about his IQ.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
You really are terrible though. The average voter on this site really can't set aside bias, and your score is representative of how many debates you start and go uncontested or barely contested. Don't think I have not noticed you have failed to win against a single competent opponent. 

Nearly every single opinion you have is stupid so perhaps I can debate you sometime. At the moment ai am fully invested in debating idreamofliberty 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
"No, I lost that debate purely because I wasn't funny enough and I didn't see the hidden objective till R2. Humor is subjective and if they don't consider it funny, maybe it is not."

I am speaking in general

"And I am not trying to be stupid, nor am I one. Just for clarification. "

This obscure wording is what I am talking about LOL. It's going to cause comprehension issues for judges.

"Most smart people don't just call other people stupid, and Hawking does not brag about his IQ."

Some smart people do call people stupid. I usually only do it when a low IQ person fancies themselves as smart though. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON

My understanding in fact is that the triple 9 society has previously had a lot of issues because the members of it kept calling each other stupid and proselytizing about their views. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Eh… no comment on that. You can live yours, and I should be able to live mine.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
So I assume this means 

"You can live your life and I will live my life"

This is the issue with your writing problems and is a direct result of some sort of cognitive impairment. 

The comment is out of the blue, unrelated to the previous comment or any comment I made and the "no comment" is likely a response to having comprehension issues when reading things. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
So far, nobody else has said anything about how anything I have written on this side is arduous enough worthy of complaining. Maybe it is your problem, not mine.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Intelligence_06
So far, nobody else has said anything about how anything I have written on this side is arduous enough worthy of complaining. Maybe it is your problem, not mine.
People are polite and they don't say it about ebuc either and ebuc writes things like below

Truth -+*==^ banana

Your posts aren't as bad as ebuc's but it's the same sort of thing
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
If you do have a diagnosed reading disability, then tell me. I will attempt to facilitate the direction of my text so they can be interpreted with ease. However, throwing an internet tantrum over what someone else has written as short as this, that can be possibly avoided in trade of a clearer atmosphere in this already small and expected-to-be clean webspace, unless you also have anger issues diagnosed also.

I am not joking. If you really have mental issues, I will take into account that.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Not even I understand what Ebuc writes. Nobody does except for seemingly him.

On the other hand, almost all the site members can understand me, except for you. If you have any problems of reading, tell me.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Here is an example from a recent debate

The riddance of guns will inevitably reduce the amount of destruction caused by the human race. 

This could be written in a lot less stupid ways that won't annoy judges below is a suggestion 

Eliminating guns would reduce the amount of damage caused to humans. I

In the above statement you did it again. I will quote you.

If you do have a diagnosed reading disability, then tell me. I will attempt to facilitate the direction of my text so they can be interpreted with ease. 
Stupid wording again to make your writing appear alien, not flow naturally and harder to comprehend. It should be written as follows

"If you do have a reading ability, let me know so I can make the text more understandable"

You see how I say the same thing as you, but I don't do it in a retarded way? 

Now I will fix your post section by section

However, throwing an internet tantrum over what someone else has written as short as this, that can be possibly avoided in trade of a clearer atmosphere in this already small and expected-to-be clean webspace, unless you also have anger issues diagnosed also.

Nevermind. This is too stupid. This is a really stupidly worded phrase and almost certainly does not get the point across you are trying to make.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
At this point I am almost certain that you don't want to understand me.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Not even I understand what Ebuc writes. Nobody does except for seemingly him.

On the other hand, almost all the site members can understand me, except for you. If you have any problems of reading, tell me.
The last sentence should read

"If you have reading problems, tell me"

Not problems of reading. Come on man. This is how people speak when they are making fun of native Americans. Clean this shit up
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
"If you do have a reading ability, let me know so I can make the text more understandable"
You are understanding it, see? You are doing a good job. I recommend that you keep doing it, no matter how much you complain. Being able to understand external individuals is definitely useful, both emotionally and even semantically.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
At this point I am almost certain that you don't want to understand me.
I never said I don't understand you. I am telling you how judges interpret this stupid wording and no not all judges will comprehend you. This isn't about my comprehension, but judges who a lot may be embarrassed to admit they have difficulty understanding your stupid sentence construction.

I wouldn't normally give somebody shit for this but I am pretty sure you are a native English speaker who should know better
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Reading problems are problems of reading. That is how English works. No contention on that. If you don't understand how English works, maybe I can send you some resources.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
. Being able to understand external individuals is definitely useful, both emotionally and even semantically.

Another stupid wording. All individuals are external the rest is written stupid as well
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I never said I don't understand you. I am telling you how judges interpret this stupid wording and no not all judges will comprehend you. This isn't about my comprehension, but judges who a lot may be embarrassed to admit they have difficulty understanding your stupid sentence construction.

I wouldn't normally give somebody shit for this but I am pretty sure you are a native English speaker who should know better
State one judge that had the same problem against me. One is enough.

I am Chinese, and not a native English speaker. How does it feel when a Chinese kid can use English in more ways than you? It means you can do better?

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Reading problems are problems of reading. That is how English works. No contention on that. If you don't understand how English works, maybe I can send you some resources.
Yes same meaning, that's why I understood it. I am criticizing the retarded way you worded it. "Problems of reading" is not correct. It's how a non native English speaker would construct the sentence. A lot of languages construct sentences that way, particularly latin based languages. It's not normal for a native English speaker to form sentences that way. 

It's actually so unnatural to form sentences that way, only a retard who thinks it makes him sound smarter will go out of their way to form sentences like that
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I am Chinese, and not a native English speaker. How does it feel when a Chinese kid can use English in more ways than you? It means you can do better?
That makes it more understandable. I'd tone down the big words than, you are more than likely using them wrong and it could be why judges are going to punish you. As for the request to name one judge, it's not possible to know who was biased and likely if somebody was biased they would be too embarrassed to admit it. You can be sure that bias has occurred though. Sorry China Boy. I also want to apologize that your country was taken over by an anti Chinese regime that hates China. It must suck to have a leader that hates China as all members of the CCP do
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
So I assume this means 

"You can live your life and I will live my life"

This is the issue with your writing problems and is a direct result of some sort of cognitive impairment. 

If you didn't immediately understand that's what he meant, maybe you are cognitively impaired but unlike you, I don't go around demeaning the cognitively impaired.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
unlike you, I don't go around demeaning the cognitively impaired.
How am I supposed to know I am a retard if you never remind me? You have a moral obligation to call me a retard if I was one. 

You have no ideal how much I dread knowing it's quite possible I am literally mentally retarded, but everyone around me is too polite to tell me. 

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
You have no ideal how much I dread knowing it's quite possible I am literally mentally retarded, but everyone around me is too polite to tell me. 
So you go around mocking other people for their way of writing on the internet and even their national identity because that is TOTALLY how you deal with the problem and not make it worse.