There is no such thing as an Atheists.

Author: Grugore

Total: 518
Grugore
Debates: 1
Grugore
 Here's the way I see it. Atheists don't want God to exist the same way criminals don't want cops to exist. They know that God exists, but they suppress the truth. It's because they also know that they are sinners and deserve death. They know that Jesus gave His life so we could avoid death. But these people love their sin more than their Creator. Also, the Bible tells us that many witnessed the miracles of Christ and still rejected Him. So, it's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of obedience. There is no such thing as an atheist. Not my opinion. This is what Scripture tells us.

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Grugore
The one thing I cannot stand the most is when other people put words in my mouth or claim things about me I never said and do not believe. A post like this only serves to anger people. The best way to handle it is to speak for yourself and argue atheist concerns, you cross the line when you begin to tell people what they think and believe. 
Love.....would really be the only way to build bridges, I'm not talking about pretending like there are no problems but posts like these have the opposite effect of what we really want, which is for the individual to make spiritual progress. This takes a lot of work and time but certainly you can create a more genuine original topic with all the wonderful things about the Creator to discuss?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
I think atheists in general have had enough verbal beat downs, maybe it's time we raise the bar and treat people with mutual respect regardless of what they believe. In the end, you will be happy that you did. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Atheist definitely don't think gods exist. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
While there are probably some atheists who are taking part in a war against reality and truth, I think the more likely explanation is that most of them are simply uneducated or superstitious.

But I will say this, someone may not believe that they have a god, but if you look at what motivates them and makes their life worth living, you will often times find a god.

The self professed atheist, of course, doesn't really know what gods are, which is why they deny them. Even to the point of denying The One True God, which is The Truth itself.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Atheist definitely don't think gods exist. 
The only sentence so far that has any sense at all.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@keithprosser
Don't speak to me douche bag. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
I think the more likely explanation is that most [atheists] are simply uneducated or superstitious.
I can barely believe what I am seeing in this thread.   That is exactly what atheists say about theists!

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
And both would be wrong.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
Exactly so.   We won't get any where if both sides think the other lot are just deluded idiots.   As I have said,i think theists are wrong, but I don't thnk they are idiotic and I certainly don't hate them.   I do think that theism does lead to very some peculiar ideas, such as blood transfusions are bad and flying planes into skyscrapers is good (errors an atheist would not make!) and religion seems to divide people rather than unite them.  IMO. on balance we'd all be better off without theism.

We are making great strdes in understanding the origins of  world and of life.   It still 'work-in-progress' but we will see artifical cells in outlife time.

If there is a theist who thinks that only uneducated superstitious peons can be atheists, think again. 

janesix
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
I don't believe for a second that anyone, theist or atheist, thinks that flying a plane into a building is "good".
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
Then why did they do it?
janesix
janesix
-->
@keithprosser
People do bad things all the time, knowing it's bad. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Grugore
 This is what Scripture tells us.
Here is just one other thing the scripture is wrong in... how many wrongs does there have to be before you get you're being manipulated by priests that hope you go to church long enough to have kids that they can eventually molest. There is nothing good about your god... bury it, six feet under. 

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
Unfortunately we can't ask the 9-11 lot whether they thought they were doing good or bad.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
I am very aware. This is why I love to call atheists and uneducated because they demonstrably are.

Know it all dipshits.

They think they are so smart, well... now they are denying Truth itself! So enlightened!

No, truly deserving of mockery. Forgive me!

And believe me, I would love to spend my time here calling people names, mocking, and tearing people down through wittisms, but that isn't why I am here. I am here to educate, and so I must fight my natural inclination to have fun while tearing people down in order to show them charity for the sake of edification.

So my intent to make fun of ignorant people in order to make myself feel better. I am here because I want people to come to The Truth, and my part in this is to sow seeds and show charity. I may never get to see these seeds grow. It is fine, I have done my duty.

And God knows I'm not perfect, but if perfect vessels were required to do this kind of work, there would be no one to do the work.

I am motivated by love, not glory.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
From the many atheists i've talked to, even some on these sites but not many here more in real life, i've been able to get them to a point of "maybe" or "that's a lot more logical" than one god in regards to multiple gods. Of course, i advocated for my belief which isn't really "gods" per se, but it's closer to that idea. I would say atheists "definitely" don't believe in "god." At least from a smaller sample size of people i've talked to. They are universally against the Abrahamic god... other platforms i've noticed they can entertain. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Outplayz
They are not against a god if they don't believe in it. They are against people. And they are against all theists. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
In this thread I - as an atheist - have been insulted thus;

a sinner deserve death.
uneducated or superstitious.
douche bag.
Know it all dipshit.

I don't mind, but don't also claim any moral upper ground on the insult/'ad hominem' front!

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Fair enough. But in real life, i see a different portrait. I don't think i've ever met a militant atheist. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Grugore
Here's the way I see it. Atheists don't want God to exist the same way criminals don't want cops to exist. They know that God exists, but they suppress the truth. It's because they also know that they are sinners and deserve death. They know that Jesus gave His life so we could avoid death. But these people love their sin more than their Creator. Also, the Bible tells us that many witnessed the miracles of Christ and still rejected Him. So, it's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of obedience. There is no such thing as an atheist. Not my opinion. This is what Scripture tells us.
Here's the way I see it.  Atheists don't want Nanabozho to exist the same way criminals don't want Pangu to exist.  They know that Nanabozho exists, but they suppress the truth.  It's because they also know that they are sinners and deserve death.  They know that Nanabozho created all life on earth so all humans have a chance to live.  But these people love their sin more than their Nanabozho.  Also, the ancient stories tell us that many have witnessed the miracles of Nanabozho and still rejected Nanabozho.  So, it's not a matter of belief.  It's a matter of obedience.  There is no such thing as an atheist.  Not my opinion.  This is what the ancient stories tell us.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Outplayz
Look harder. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@janesix
I don't believe for a second that anyone, theist or atheist, thinks that flying a plane into a building is "good".
I don't believe for a second that anyone, theist or atheist, thinks that firebombing 100,000 civilians in Tokyo is "good".

janesix
janesix
-->
@3RU7AL
Neither do I. 

People do bad shit, and they know it. And they do it anyway.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@keithprosser
I think the more likely explanation is that most [atheists] are simply uneducated or superstitious.
I can barely believe what I am seeing in this thread.   That is exactly what atheists say about theists!
When people can't analyze a situation logically, they just repeat the insults that hurt them the most.

Science and skepticism is the opposite of superstition.

Open a dictionary.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@janesix
Neither do I. 

People do bad shit, and they know it. And they do it anyway.
They usually try to do what is "less wrong" (less bad) which they rationalize as "more right" (more good).
janesix
janesix
-->
@3RU7AL
Well nothing is black and white. 

There is a reason we need guidance from God.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
I am not God.

If I insult you or offend you, I am sorry. But I am not God.

There is nothing reasonable about not believing God. You think I am just saying this? Hear me out.

The Ultimate Reality.

If this doesn't exist, there is no reality. Why would anyone believe is? 

Well, I know this is a convenient thing to believe if you wish to believe in yourself. After all, if nothing is true, that means your truth isn't any less true than anyone else.

That is why it is not written in vain, "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

If everything is equally invalid, these words will be meaningless words to you, because meaning is simply whatever you decide is meaningful.

It is not my intention to be mean, I sincerely want you, and indeed everyone to come to knowledge of The Truth.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@janesix
Well nothing is black and white. 

There is a reason we need guidance from God.
How does anyone know what the gods really and truly wants us to do?
janesix
janesix
-->
@3RU7AL
We don't. But God did give us a conscience.