Abortion Has Now Been Eradicated

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 92
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
But today, babies as young as 5 months old can survive outside the mother.
Awesome.  So now conservatives are going to pass a bill that gives all women free embryonic extraction at 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!!  A perfect solution to everyone's favorite political firestorm!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will probably slash abortions in half OVERNIGHT and probably by 75% over the next year!!!!!!!!!!! 

IT'S A NEW ERA!!!!!

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
"So now conservatives are going to pass a bill that gives all women free embryonic extraction at 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  How much does it cost?  I'm not saying that I'm against it yet, but I'm curious.
Plisken
Debates: 0
Plisken
This is priceless. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Plisken
consider other choices people make which society then has to pay for, drug use, unprotected sex leading to certain diseases, smoking etc etc, this really isn't much different with regards to societal burden.  Though I don't understand the scoff and sarcastic tone of an alternative to killing, at least to have a conversation about it.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
"So now conservatives are going to pass a bill that gives all women free embryonic extraction at 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  How much does it cost?  I'm not saying that I'm against it yet, but I'm curious.
ALL INNOCENT LIFE IS SACRED!!!!!!!!!!

Does it matter if it costs a million dollars per child saved?

What could possibly be more (financially) important than the life of an innocent baby?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
You're so behind the times. Scientists have already developed artificial wombs that can grow a person from conception. Testing went to 2 weeks before ethics cut the experiment short of developing a full "human"....

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
You're so behind the times. Scientists have already developed artificial wombs that can grow a person from conception.
AMAZING!!!!!!!

Who decided it was ethical to kill an individual human soul?????????????????

We should ramp this baby (maker) up to industrial proportions ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure the cost will come down pretty quickly with economies of scale!!!!!!!!!!!

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
And probably at little risk to unfit mothers seeking obsolete abortions.

It's like science has moved on from 1200's medicine bloodletting with leeches somehow...
Plisken
Plisken
I wonder if America will die before abortion goes the way of slavery.  I'm confident it will be remembered as a barbarous practice.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Plisken
Well, the Aztecs died before they could advance beyond human sacrifice, so it's quite possible America will die too if it cannot advance as well.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
You're so behind the times. Scientists have already developed artificial wombs that can grow a person from conception. Testing went to 2 weeks before ethics cut the experiment short of developing a full "human"....
Ectogenesis is the wave of the future.

I'm sure they could complete testing on monkeys, or rats, or pandas!

We could bombard the developing embryos with classical music and Einstein lectures 24/7!

When they are born they could be greeted to photographs of their adoptive parents!

Unclaimed orphans could be trained for the military!!

The possibilities are endless!!!!!!!!!
Alec
Alec
-->
@3RU7AL
If the technology is good enough and cheap enough, then I support it.

You said life is infinitely precious.

If it costs a billion dollars for example to save 1 innocent child, if you do the math, then is it worth 1 trillion to save 1000 innocent lives, the same ratio times 1000?  It's the same thing as sacrificing the entire GDP of some 1st world countries just to save less then a high school's worth of people.  

Would I be willing to sacrifice 1 penny to save an innocent life?  Yes.  Would I be willing to sacrifice the entire GDP of the entire US ($18 trillion) to save one life?  No.  I'm not causing everyone in the country to be broke just to save 1 random life.  The value of innocent life therefore is somewhere between 1 penny and $18 trillion.  It's a question of where you draw the line.  There are 3 options:

1: Abortion is legal and this technology barely develops.  This kills unborn babies.

2: This technology is legal and the individual pays for it, abortion is illegal.  The cost goes down in the long term due to inevitable advances in the artificial womb's capabilities.  This makes it both cheap and the government could stay out since women can cheaply transport their fetuses to safe wombs.

3: Abortion is illegal with federally subsidized artificial wombs.  This causes the technology to barely develop, therefore costing the government huge amounts of money in the long term.  The amount of lives saved would be minimal and would cause insurance prices to skyrocket.

#2 sounds like the best long term option.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
I wonder what the Aztecs would have done?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
I'm sure the cost will come down pretty quickly with economies of scale!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget about trying to make abortions illegal.

Nobody wants to have an abortion.

It's the same as puppies.

Nobody wants to kill a puppy.

But we take puppies to the pound if we can't afford to take care of them all.

Nobody except nobody likes to think of all the puppies that are killed every day.

If people have the choice to leave their puppies at a no-kill shelter, they will always choose that option.

The only problem is that the no-kill shelters are almost always full and will not accept new puppies.

Seriously.

We are more than happy to dump trillions of dollars into weapons and training to kill people in the middle east (WTF).

If you believe "life is precious" how can you possibly be concerned about how much it is going to cost (are you a monster or a psychopath)?

When you say, "Would I be willing to sacrifice the entire GDP of the entire US ($18 trillion) to save one life?  No.  I'm not causing everyone in the country to be broke just to save 1 random life." it sounds a lot like, (and clearly the doctors wouldn't be broke, so there'd simply be some economic reshuffling, I mean, the money wouldn't just disappear into thin air)

It sounds like you're saying, "If the doctor told me that my unborn child was going to have an incurable medical condition that will cost me $100,000 a year, I don't think it would be fair for me to go broke just to save 1 random life".

Seriously.

We could declare a state of emergency and prioritize ectogenesis as the most important national project in history and put our best DOD scientists on the case!!!

This is 100% realistic.

The cost of raising a child (to age 18) is currently $233,610.00, so there's your target budget.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
I wonder what the Aztecs would have done?
The same thing the Romans did.

The same thing the Americans did.

The same thing the French did.

The same thing the Chinese did.

For literally thousands of years.

Dump their unwanted babies on the temple steps.

Plisken
Plisken
Yay, economic warfare is where it's at.  Less bombs and more baby boomers.  We'll have the communists whipped over a couple of generations. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Plisken
Yay, economic warfare is where it's at.  Less bombs, more baby boomers.
When I read this, I had an image flash into my head of a bunch of soldiers in full camo gear waiting for a plane to take them to invade Afghanistan, and one of them says to the other, "you thought you had it tough, I had to wait 3 years for my temporary work visa to be approved!"

It would be pretty funny if we had to ask permission to invade someone else's country.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
It would be pretty funny if we had to ask permission to invade someone else's country.
It's called immigration processing...it's a new trend.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL

Dump their unwanted babies on the temple steps.
Guess it's time for the aliens to come in and eradicate us with a superflu. The universe doesn't need parasites like humans.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
It's called immigration processing...it's a new trend.
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the US military didn't ask for permission to go into Afghanistan.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
It's ok. I heard Afghanistan is asking Bolsonaro to come add some barbed wire after his presidency is up.
Alec
Alec
To address your puppy argument, I don't think the analogy is consistent because puppies are not human beings.  It would be more accurate to compare a fetus to a foster kid because they are both human.

To respond to your military argument, the US military defends freedom and life worldwide.  If the US was not involved with the middle east, then it would leave a power vacuum, creating ISIS.  ISIS kills way more people then the US did in the region and ISIS provides less freedom then the middle east does under American occupation.  If you think the US military is bad, tell that to South Korea and Japan, who need the US military to protect them from communism.  I think the US should get rewarded for all of the military protection we do.

"When you say, "Would I be willing to sacrifice the entire GDP of the entire US ($18 trillion) to save one life?  No.  I'm not causing everyone in the country to be broke just to save 1 random life." it sounds a lot like, (and clearly the doctors wouldn't be broke, so there'd simply be some economic reshuffling, I mean, the money wouldn't just disappear into thin air)"  My point was that life has limited value, a high value, but a limited value nonetheless.  You would be willing to pay 1 penny to save a life, but not spending $18 trillion for the same goal.  This is because the value of life is somewhere in between these 2 extremes.

"We could declare a state of emergency and prioritize ectogenesis as the most important national project in history and put our best DOD scientists on the case!!!"  What are DOD scientists?

I support the technology, but I want people to pay for their own artificial wombs.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
Nobody wants to have an abortion.

Nobody wants to kill a puppy.

This is a perfect analogy.

If you gave people a choice to kill (abortion) or not kill (ectogenesis) for the same cost and convenience, they will always choose "not kill".

Alexander the Great thought he was perfectly justified to kill people.

Genghis Khan thought he was perfectly justified to kill people.

Every military in history claims they were "saving lives" and "fighting evil".

The point is, we could take some fraction of that money for killing people and put it into research and development for ECTOGENESIS.

This is 100% realistic.

The cost of raising a child (to age 18) is currently $233,610.00, (not a zillion trillion quadrillion) so there's your target budget.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
actually there are probably enough people willing and wanting to adopt, you'd only have the expense until they are 9 months give or take, then it would be the adopting people's expense.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
Do you support Child Protective Services?

It's not an extreme measure to take custody of a child from an unfit mother, whether it's from her home or her womb, both of which are hers alone, especially if the child's life is in danger.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Alec
If the technology is good enough and cheap enough, then I support it.
Condoms and abortion pill is much less costly if your truly concerned with costs. Your not.

Your concerned with your sick-in-the-head lack of morals that allows you to stick you nose *v*  into a womans body without her consent.

You need to be Locked Away from civilized moral humanity.  And the sooner the better.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Greyparrot
Guess it's time for the aliens to come in and eradicate us with a superflu. The universe doesn't need parasites like humans.
"Aliens"?  Dude, you need to bring your brain to full power.  Humans are creating their own superbugs ergo no need to wish for extraterrestrial "Aliens".

And superbugs is just one of many ways alone or in conjunction with other human based offenses to biological life and the environment that sustains them.

Hydrogen bombs and idio-ump wants to increase that amount
Nuclear power plants on rise again
Nuclear storage on site still huge problem
Irratic Global Weather via Global Warming
Increasing acidifying of oceans
Clean fresh water on decrease
General pollution form all kinds of toxix wastes not mentioned above

This is list just off tip of my tongue. 

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Alec
  It would be more accurate to compare a fetus to a foster kid because they are both human.
OMG, another human who ego has blocked access to rational, logical common sense pathways of thought.  When are Orange-idio-Parrots Aliens going to arrive?

Fetus = organism of the pregnant woman

Foster child = human individual who has taken their fist IN-spiration of oxygen and the umbilical chord.

Is  there really that many mentally and morally ill humans on Earth? 

Who needs extratetrrestrial "Aliens" when we have this kind of lack-of-intellect humans running around free on Earth?

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
actually there are probably enough people willing and wanting to adopt,
7 billion people on an Earth, with humans standard-of-living systems that are gradually toxicating the environment that sustains all human life.

<> = fat middle class humanity with least amount of rich and poor at two extremes and not the dumb-bell >< humanity we have been developing.

If humanity  truly want to survive with least amount of human sufferring humanity  they need to stop growing their population under current misguided standard-of-living systems.

The rich can afford condoms, birth control and life forward for most amount of years, ergo the least need for off-spring.

The poor cannot afford condoms, birth control or has least life forward for amount of years ergo the most seeming need for off-spring.

So how does humanity go about controling the rising population problem?

Education and moral desire to be most inclusive of whole set of humanity going forward.  None can be excluded. It has to be all-for-one and one-for-all, for best chance of humanity making it with least amount of sufferring.

Aliens is not the solution.

Nor is capatilism the solution.

Mind/intellect forward evolution over butt-forward{ backwards } evolution is our best chance.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@mustardness
population control is the only real option, I agree with that, however you don't have to have sex, there are many places to get free birth control as well, so this excuse that poor people can't help themselves and are too stupid to not get pregnant doesn't really jive with me.

though I would pose you this, if population and to some extent poor are the problem to the world as the population grows, wouldn't it make more sense to euthanize the deformed, terminally ill, retarded etc that can only minimally contribute to society, rather than abort a potential productive member of society, perhaps a ground breaking genius