I am old as fuk

Author: sadolite

Total: 37
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Could some of you 18 to 25 year old's suggest what games are most popular for your age group.  I have an 18 year old son. I know he is not into driving or sports games. Buy if there are popular driving and sports games please feel free to include them anyway. Thanks for your input in advance. "sadolite"
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
If you tell the console or if it is PC then just the genre and type of games he enjoys, it would be easier to recommend.

A lot of stuff these days that is super popular is free to play and you pay for cosmetics and faster or exclusive upgrades within the game itself (it is interactive). 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Breath of the Wild. It is the elephant of the room because it is. It is fit for anyone who has the passion to play video games. The only downside is we usually forget the passage of time because of a lack of a strictly defined quest system. I have played from 8am to 8pm without breaks(except a few bathroom breaks, well).
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
I'm even older as fuk.

By him a bicycle and a book.

His head is probably already glued to an electronic device enough as it is.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@sadolite
Call of Duty
Assassins Creed
Overwatch
Rocket League
Grand Theft Auto

Some of these come on console and PC so take your pick.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@RationalMadman
See how old I am. He uses a PS5 if that helps.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
I already bought all that stuff and more. He also has access to unlimited tools and materials. I have reconciled that children born after the invention of the cell phones and video games just don't give a shit about anything else. I am sure some do. One can only lead a horse to water but you cant make them fucking drink it. There is 0 satisfaction in trying to teach a totally disinterested person anything. My time is valuable, I will not waste it trying to teach someone who doesn't give a shit about it.  
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
You might think that adolescents are ignorant and disrespectful.

But you will eventually see that they were actually paying attention.

So what you strive to say and do now, is important and will not be in vain.

In ten years time he will probably be drooling over the latest bit of techno machinery.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
"You might think that adolescents are ignorant and disrespectful." I never said any such thing. I said their interests are different and trying to teach someone who has no interest in learning anything that you could teach them is a waste of time.  Going through the motions just to get someone off your back is not learning anything. My son will not refuse to help me do anything. He doesn't do anything as far as learn skills I could teach him without me telling him to or making him.  He has 0 interest in anything outside of video game /computer related activities. That's just the way it is.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
And I was saying that although they seemingly pay no attention to what you say, they actually do.

And you will realise this in a few years time.

I know this from first hand experience.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
I have raised 5 kids, I know what I am talking about too.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Well done you and well done Mrs Sadolite. (Assumption)

So if you have older offspring then you will understand what I mean.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
The one born before video games and cell phones, all the rest are pretty much the same. 
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@sadolite
In the last 3+ years I haven't played through anything that wasn't on a Nintendo Switch, so I'm probably not qualified to answer a question about the PS5, but:

Have you considered Elden Ring? It has a combination of Japanese visuals and storytelling by George R. R. Martin (the Game of Thrones guy).
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ILikePie5
 Thanks for the input
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Swagnarok
I will look into it.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@sadolite
Alfresco
Alfresco
-->
@sadolite
Disco Elysium (No Truce With The Furies) - the classic literature of video games (the furies are at home).

18 days later

Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
Why are you on this site? Not to be mean, but don't you have life stuff and bars to go to? 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Vici
Why do you care? I could ask the same question to you. Why does anyone do anything?
Vici
Vici
-->
@sadolite
well im here because im a person whos sub 20 spending time on my laptop whilst wagging class. If i was an adult i would be banging hoes and getting finna lit instead of being couped up talking to internet people
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Vici
You have an odd view of adulthood.

Do you think that it is something that happens overnight?

Debateart is good mental exercise first thing in the morning, and at other odd times when I'm not banging hoes.

But don't tell Mrs Zed.

Wagging class generally not good.

And finna lit is an assumption and often a let down.

And when I'm sitting at my kitchen table tapping my lap top, I don't feel at all "couped".

Or did you mean cooped?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Vici
 If i was an adult i would be banging hoes and getting finna lit instead of being couped up talking to internet people
And pay taxes and worry about your work, etc. I understand that you aren't that old but being a drunkard or something definitely isn't what adulthood sounds like.

Vici
Vici
-->
@Intelligence_06
well i would be doing all that tax stuff, assuming i dont evade it but like taking time talking to people here? nahh
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Vici
You don't like talking to people but you envision yourself banging hoes. I am sorry, maybe this is the reason you are looking for realism.
Vici
Vici
-->
@Intelligence_06
its not that i dont like talking to people, its that i talk to irl people and my street crew. Back in the day, social media and tech was supposed to augment our relationships - nowdays, we have people making entire friendships online. I'm only here to pass time, but I cannot imagine being a man with full autonomy over myself choosing to sit here to talk to a niche community of nerds.  
Vici
Vici
but i guess you can do whatever you want, im just asking
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Vici
but I cannot imagine being a man with full autonomy over myself choosing to sit here to talk to a niche community of nerds.  
I am possibly the only active Chinese user here. Most people just shun me as "weird" and stop talking. This place is the best to fulfill my hobby of freeform debating.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Vici
Been there did that done that 1000 times over.  It seems you being here when you could be out partying and raising hell like I did when I was your age is strange to me. I've done all that, now its old and boring. This site is not boring to me because it challenges ones intellect  and gives different perspectives from other people. The party crew is just a bunch a group think idiots.  My opinion of course.  

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Why do you think that people shun you as weird?

Perhaps you create your own identity crises.

I would suggest that most users of worthy intellect, will treat you with equal respect.