I got a new laptop!!

Author: Outplayz

Total: 69
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Defender
Can you tell me why my disk score is so low? It's the same, 5.9, on my desktop too. And what is the disk score anyways or for what function? 

You have a cool computer. It may be a bit much since i'm just a casual gamer and works fine for my needs as is. What games do you play?  

Defender
Defender
-->
@Outplayz
Don't worry so much about the disk score. You can check out the solution to that from here: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2113448/windows-experience-index-score.html To be honest, I won't worry about it too much, my current disk score is also quite low, a mere 6.5. (Due to recent overclocking. I currently do play PUBG, Escape from Tamok and also the Arma 3. You can actually check out my company's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeUJO1H3TEXu2syfAAPjYKQ we are currently working on liquid hydrogen overclocking world record series.

BTW: disk score is really just the disk data transfer. The score will actually increase if the computer had been used for a long time. (My original score when first DIY was at around 5.7)
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Defender
Cool. I've always considered doing something with Youtube as well. Can i ask you something personal... bc i've always really been curious about breaking the 100k subscriber mark and the exact same about of views you get. Besides everything else you can get revenue from. How much do you get only from Youtube? If you can't answer that, would you say breaking the 100k mark makes you enough to focus only on YouTube? 
Defender
Defender
-->
@Outplayz
Oh, never thought someone would have asked me that. In fact, this year, I was at the Google GDD 2018 this year. We were invited as one of the currently leading chinese computer expert team. We don’t really interfere with youtube channel. (I gave you the address because it is probably the only one you can access safely.) In fact, the majority of the team was on the DoYing (If you ever heard of Tik Tok, it’s basically a North American Version of DoYing.) 100K subscribers don’t have much effect to us. But probably is a pretty huge benchmark to the rest of youtube community.  Plus, we don’t get money from youtube. We are currently directly sponsored by Google itself.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Defender
That's interesting you don't get money from Youtube. Is it bc you are a foreign channel and they can't run America adds on your videos? If i had to guess that's what i would think. Well, congratulations with all your achievement. That's pretty cool that you are sponsored by Google. I know the 100k mark is a good milestone. I just have other things i do irl that make me money. I think the 100k, if i put effort into it, is an achievable benchmark... but i always wondered if it is worth the time and effort. I've heard some channels that are in the 300k mark make like 6k a month from combination of Youtube and Pateron. That's good, but 300k is considerably harder to reach and also could be never reached. I'll have to run a cost analysis and figure that out.

I was watching some videos on the new 8k electronics coming out. What is your opinion on that? Is it worth it or is it not much of an improvement to upgrade what i already have?  Also, i briefly heard something about 5g... is that coming out this year? 
Defender
Defender
-->
@Outplayz
I don't know about the precise number that you can get, but you can ask the youtube customer support about that number.

Second of all, on 8K electronic. I would definitely suggest against getting a 8K screen from LG. Despite it's current existence, there is no matching up quality contents that you can use on there, plus, if you did get to use 8K solution contents, the present i7 cores will run at a full overclocking throughout that period. Don't get me wrong, I didn't tell you not to get 1, you can, and it is affordable. Our office got one in the CES 2019 this year, however, interestingly, it had been proved that 8K sends your computer into overclocking.  Now listen, if you don't want your new computer to burn up, don't get into overclocking zone.

5G, basically all the 2G, 3G and 4G are all communication protocol. The most recent 5G standards currently belongs to Huawei and is already popular and commercialized in China. It is quite fast, however, be warned. Due to the recent trade wars and also Canadian-Chinese prisoner problem, 5G might not be available in North America due to government bans.
Defender
Defender
-->
@Outplayz
BTW: you can check this out, one of our US counterpart made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnrJVE0p_u8

237 days later

Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
I personally despise laptops, a bad desktop is way better than a decent laptop, although that is just my position
Trent0405
Trent0405
congrats though, although  I'm like a year late
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
What do you use your laptop for?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
What laptop do you specifically have?

Asus Zenbook is not really that specific. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Trent0405
I personally despise laptops, a bad desktop is way better than a decent laptop, although that is just my position
I've been using my desktop more recently, but it's good to have a nice laptop too for when i travel or need to take it out with me. But thanks Mr. year late ;p

Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@Outplayz
Lol, well that makes a lot of sense, I know people who work like maniacs out in public on their laptops, how has it served you?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
What do you use your laptop for?
Currently i'm using my desktop more... and that is where i play my games. On my laptop, i edit videos. And i'm also thinking of getting FL Studio for music. I'm really working on myself right now... trying to get Brad Pitts body when he was in Fight Club... lol. I'm like 3 months off that goal... but i've been going hard concentrating on that so i haven't been using both computers much other than to research or watch Youtube videos... so that's really all i'm using them for right now. 

What laptop do you specifically have?
I forget exactly... i don't feel like opening it up to find out. I shared the specs. I know it was one of the better ones that was used when i got it, so i got a good deal. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Trent0405
 how has it served you?
It's been really good. No problems yet. Oh, actually... i've had a couple blue screen problems and other freeze problems on update Tuesdays... those update i think really mess with it. But other than that it's been great. 

Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@Outplayz
Good to hear.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
I shared the specs.
I couldn't find it. Do you know where it is?
Currently i'm using my desktop more... and that is where i play my games. On my laptop, i edit videos. And i'm also thinking of getting FL Studio for music. I'm really working on myself right now... trying to get Brad Pitts body when he was in Fight Club... lol. I'm like 3 months off that goal... but i've been going hard concentrating on that so i haven't been using both computers much other than to research or watch Youtube videos... so that's really all i'm using them for right now. 
Given my liking to games, what games to do you play other then CSGO?

I don't want to talk about apps I don't have knowledge about. Maybe I can help but that would take time whereas with games I think I know a lot. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I couldn't find it. Do you know where it is?
Post No. 21 i shared the numbers i'm getting from it... i didn't share exactly what the laptop is, i thought i did but i guess it was just those numbers. 

Given my liking to games, what games to do you play other then CSGO?
Overwatch and CSGO. On my playstation i play Mortal Kombat and dabble with Call of Duty. On my phone i play Mobile Legends (League of Legends on mobile). 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
Those are scores not what the specs are. Do you have like a sticker on your laptop stating the specs or is it possible to find out what Asus Zenbook you have?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You got me curious so i tried to find it. On the back it says Model: Q525U

But i can't find it anywhere. The ones i do find closest to that model don't look like mine. Mine looks exactly like this one:

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
Not model number.

The name of the laptop.

For example lenovo yoga C930
Or if you can't find it

What processor does it use?
What graphics card does it have?
How much RAM does it have?

I wouldn't know the laptop by look of it. Only the brand.

Here is where you find the answer to those 3 questions:

Type into the search bar in the bottom left of your screen "system information". If there is no search bar right click and hope to God that there is something that states system information because I am not at a laptop right now to confirm that.

When you are at your system information 
Just simply copy what it states next to:

Installed RAM:
Processor:

About the graphics card you won't find it in system information. You will find it if you search run click on it then search up in run "dxdiag" then click "Display" then copy what is next to "Chip Type:"

I mean search in the bottom left search bar. Run is an application you must use it or do it another way but I already stated this way so there is no point using another way.

You should get something like (not exact numbers or letters just something like what I said.)

Installed RAM: 4GB 
Processor: Intel i7 something (numbers should be where I said something.
Chip Type: Intel graphics 4000

Chip Type doesn't need to be Intel. It can be AMD or Nividia.

Please tell me it helped or don't so that I can help you.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Processor: i7 intel core - 8550U - CPU 1.80ghz

installed memory: 16 gb

Intel(r) UHD graphics 620

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
What games do you use it with?
What games do you hope to use it for?
Have you run into a game that you did not get consistent framerates (If you want to know what that is ask or search for it)?

Did my instructions help?

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
As to games, i don't expect to use it for games. It's only going to be my editing and/or music computer in the future. For now, it's just my travel computer and sometimes when i feel like kicking back on my bed computer. 

Your directions helped with exception to the graphics card. Had to look up the graphics card somewhere else that i googled how to do. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
As to games, i don't expect to use it for games. It's only going to be my editing and/or music computer in the future. For now, it's just my travel computer and sometimes when i feel like kicking back on my bed computer. 

Your directions helped with exception to the graphics card. Had to look up the graphics card somewhere else that i googled how to do. 
Guess I can't really say it is useful or not. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Guess I can't really say it is useful or not. 
If i did play games on it i would play League or hearthstone. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
Why didn't the graphics card help that I gave not work?

If i did play games on it i would play League or hearthstone. 
How many cores in the processor? You missed that. 

I did some digging given that the best site I use to see if my game would work or not in 3 different areas doesn't have your graphics card. Your graphics card does exist but given the site is lacking your graphics card it wouldn't be helpful. You can use it to test out the Intel UHD Graphics 630 but I don't think it is a fair comparison.

Here is the site I used to check if my games would work well:

Here is what to look for in a CPU (processor):

"The graphics card's hardware directly affects its speed. These are the hardware specifications that most affect the card's speed and the units in which they are measured:
  • GPU clock speed (MHz)
  • Size of the memory bus (bits)
  • Amount of available memory (MB)
  • Memory clock rate (MHz)
  • Memory bandwidth (GB/s)
  • RAMDAC speed (MHz)"
Given that the numbers are not the same with either by looking at these two links:

It is best to use I think a worse option which is this https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri.

The results are less accurate and always for me to state to update even when I am up-to-date. It also tells you to download their .exe (application or app) which doesn't have ads or anything but the one I use simply shows the results on the screen without the need of a download.

Given that both HearthStone and LOL are not that too demanding games I doubt you would have problems running it.

With this I say if you specifically bought the laptop to play these two games optimally I think you overspent but given that isn't your reason it doesn't really matter. I have done this for naught. I am annoyed. Goodbye. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I have done this for naught. I am annoyed. Goodbye. 
Not really, who knows what i will use it with in the future. I'm just talking about near future stuff and possibilities... but if i do run a more commanding game, you helped. I already know Nividia products are way better than my graphics card... this is what i found: 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
"Good for Casual Gaming on Low Settings" 

Wha?

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Wha?
Yeah, i only looked at the charts to see how it compares with Geforce. I already knew it's probably not as good. There are other charts i didn't have time to look at and don't right now bc i'm at work. If you look up my card and press images, there seems to be a few comparison charts. But i'm not too worried. I like playing my FPS games on my computer since i like a big screen. But who knows in the future... it's not too expensive to upgrade if i need to. I was just glad to see mine was at the top out of its own brand.