I got a new laptop!!

Topic's posts
Posts in total: 16
It's a Asus zenbook... a 1300 dollar laptop half touchpad... it's awesome and i got away with spending just over 700 bucks for it. I am a madman in getting the best deals. But in any case, it's an i7... my first i7 laptop or computer. My main desktop computer is an i5. My desktop is my gaming computer and does perfectly fine with the games i play: Overwatch, CS:Go, League and hearthstone. So... i don't know what the advantages of an i7 really is... So, thought i'd ask. What cool things can i do or should i know about an i7?  
--> @Outplayz
I can tell you this: it's nothing to do with quality of the particular game you're using at the time. It's entirely about handling multiple at once.

Once you comprehend this, the rest will make sense.

--> @RationalMadman
I can tell you this: it's nothing to do with quality of the particular game you're using at the time. It's entirely about handling multiple at once.
So since i'm not using it for games. Do you mean i can render a video, search online, have a youtube video up, etc... without tampering with performance? And by performance i mean speed. 

--> @Outplayz
as long as your fans dont get clogged up (which is increased importance with i7 as it makes them spin faster and the whole system working harder) the answer is yes. The amount more you can do at once is EXTREMELY increased.
--> @Outplayz
Do note, however, internet bandwidth/speed matters a lot to pull off that kind of stuff. If it's slow it's not proof against me, it's your internet Mb being 'eaten up' by family or just generally being bad in your area/house.
--> @RationalMadman
Oh good to know. I heard the fans on my specific model could be better. But, as it is now... they are absolutely silent. I barely hear them when i put my ear next to it. Which is suppose to be a cool feature of this laptop, but also they told me to be aware of the potential to overheat if i am really pushing it. To be honest, i don't do anything strenuous with my laptop. It's more for work but i thought maybe to download some music editing and photo editing software bc why not. I got a powerful computer so i might as well use some of that power.   
--> @Outplayz
Yes. To be clear it does let you game on 'hardcore-RAM-demanding' games. When I said it will barely increase the game quality it's that the increase there is slight. If you're single-program-running, i5 can game league etc just fine, the key is in the ability to run things in the background very efficiently.

The way the chip is designed is with far more 'intermediary paths' so that if there's a way to do something by doing one thing that helps both programs run, that rarely happens with i5 but does with i7 due to more logic-gate-paths to take in deciding how to process the system's demands.

--> @RationalMadman
I know very little about computers... well, when it comes to the inner workings. But most of that made sense. I play music in the background when i'm gaming so that's as much as i push my i5... so that's why i think i don't notice any worse performance since i'm not pushing it much or downloading anything in the background. 

What is an advantage of the touchpad mode of my comp? Anything other than being able to flip it and press on the screen? 

--> @Outplayz
Touchpad you basically paid for the touchpad... If you had having a keyboard and mouse and enjoy it as well as some elderly people who find it hard to aim the mouse in general and find it far less frustrating to aim their finger on the screen and tap etc, there's no other benefit there.
If you hate not had**
--> @Outplayz
So how satisfied are you with it now that you've had a few days to take it around the block?
--> @ethang5
I really like it. It goes from off to home screen in like 15 seconds. I should time it bc it's fast. I haven't had any problems with speed. That's been fast even when i do research and have a bunch of stuff open. I also still haven't heard the fan. That thing is silent. The touch pad for the pointer is also awesome bc i get sweaty hands. Sometimes the mouse won't move bc it's too sweaty, but with one wipe of my shirt it's good. This is better than my last one since i had to always have a napkin with me bc nothing else worked to wipe it down. The sound is awesome. I wish it was a bit louder bc i'm a knuckle head and like to hurt my ears, but i guess it's a good thing i can't blast my ears. My last laptops speakers blew out bc i always blasted it. Hmmm what else. I guess that's all i can think of right now. It's a pretty sweet laptop. 
--> @Outplayz
You over paid... 
--> @whatthef
I overpaid when regularly with tax everyone else pays 14/15k for it? Okay... It would make more sense if you mean i overpaid bc ASUS isn't as good as other laptops... then sure, that's your opinion but i would currently disagree bc it's working more than perfectly for me atm. 
--> @Outplayz
It new. It should be working fine.

Just wait until 2 months from now. It going to start freezeling your PC and  your ram will overload, so your PC will start going slower. 

Then you will be Looking back and say wow that guy from da was right...

You should be thanking me... :)   For this lovely advise I'm giving out...

--> @whatthef
Your advice sounds like a guess if you aren't more specific. In which case, i'll take it into consideration and think of upgrades to keep from that happening. So, why is it this will happen? Is it bc the fans are primitive? I know that at least. Why else do you think that will happen?