I got a new laptop!!

Topic's posts
Posts in total: 37
--> @IlDiavolo
I don't know if it has to do with speed or disk space. I think it has to do with disk space, bc i wouldn't expect it to have a large one when you buy it stock. 
--> @Outplayz
Can it run Pong?
--> @Mharman
I think so. That just might be a little too much. 
16 days later
--> @Outplayz
I have used 2010 HP Win 10{ YAY! } 

I followed command instructions{ thanks } and looks like I averaged a score of 8.

Also have 2010 Unibody Macmini, 10.11 El Capitan

--> @Outplayz
First of all, congratulation on your new computer. I hope you are doing well with it!

Secondly, onto the issue between i5 and i7 core. Obviously, i7 had been equipped with better technology and protocols. However, the two cores have massive difference. For example, I will presume that your current main computer is equipped with a 8th/9th generation CoffeeLake version and a 8600K type.  That version is currently stronger than most of the Intel i7 Cores. Despite not having as much cache as the i7 cores, it is strong enough to run almost as quick as the i7 cores.

Now, Asus Zenbook: Absolutely great laptop, ranking to be the 4th Gaming PC of 2018. However, 2 problems. Horrible Customer Support and the pay for shipping. Now, I have 2 Asus laptop myself, sent them back to the factory for 2 times already due to the battery problem. Every single time, I have to pay for the shipping fee. Since I am living in China, it takes quite a huge amount. (118 Chinese yuan). Secondly, it takes a long time for the customer support to reply. In fact, the speed is quite quick in China comparing to US. (However, still too long according to Chinese supplier standard, might take up to 30 to 40 mins to reply)

In order to talk about some cool things you can do in the future, I would actually suggest to save up and build a custom computer. Be careful though. I will give you my current gaming PC's main stat.

CPU: Intel i7-9700K(got it in 2018 as soon as it's out. Replaced my old Intel i5-8600K)(cost: $539 dollar on canadian amazon. $408.49 on US amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra( interesting choice from me though. The majority would have chosen ASRock)
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX..... (NO.) It's actually the Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan V.( Of course it would be this. If I am going to spend at least 1000 dollar on graphic card, why not get the best?)(currently 1500 US dollar on NewEgg)
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB DDR4-3200(I do want to save some money on memory. I know that it's pretty important for running multiple games. However, since I am streaming, I need the best Graphic card budget possible.)
Primary storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Pretty good, however, I am still trying to find another one since this one is from Samsung.)
Power supply: EVGA Supernova 850 P2 Platinum (The most powerful one I have used yet. Regrettingly, this power supply have yet to release a titanium supply.)
Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D SE (Not expensive at all. In fact, quite cheap comparing to the rest. only 157 US dollar.)
CPU cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB(Obviously, there are other CPU cooler. Regardless of the superior fan forms and others, I love the creative AIO liquid cooler.)

Total Cost for assembling that: (Remember I spend about 4 years saving up all the money to get them): 3128.42 US dollar.

I am not showing off. In fact, many of us in the current custom-computer circle are mostly poor. (I got my computer at about 150 thousand yuan. Thus, still a good deal.) Currently, this set really isn't so expensive. In fact, with a minimal knowledge, you can simply take down the GPU and change it. I build it the entire computer by myself and got some setting change from a friend of mine. You can of course choose to get pre-build computers from all the suppliers. 

--> @Defender
Can you tell me why my disk score is so low? It's the same, 5.9, on my desktop too. And what is the disk score anyways or for what function? 

You have a cool computer. It may be a bit much since i'm just a casual gamer and works fine for my needs as is. What games do you play?  

--> @Outplayz
Don't worry so much about the disk score. You can check out the solution to that from here: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2113448/windows-experience-index-score.html To be honest, I won't worry about it too much, my current disk score is also quite low, a mere 6.5. (Due to recent overclocking. I currently do play PUBG, Escape from Tamok and also the Arma 3. You can actually check out my company's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeUJO1H3TEXu2syfAAPjYKQ we are currently working on liquid hydrogen overclocking world record series.

BTW: disk score is really just the disk data transfer. The score will actually increase if the computer had been used for a long time. (My original score when first DIY was at around 5.7)
--> @Defender
Cool. I've always considered doing something with Youtube as well. Can i ask you something personal... bc i've always really been curious about breaking the 100k subscriber mark and the exact same about of views you get. Besides everything else you can get revenue from. How much do you get only from Youtube? If you can't answer that, would you say breaking the 100k mark makes you enough to focus only on YouTube? 
--> @Outplayz
Oh, never thought someone would have asked me that. In fact, this year, I was at the Google GDD 2018 this year. We were invited as one of the currently leading chinese computer expert team. We don’t really interfere with youtube channel. (I gave you the address because it is probably the only one you can access safely.) In fact, the majority of the team was on the DoYing (If you ever heard of Tik Tok, it’s basically a North American Version of DoYing.) 100K subscribers don’t have much effect to us. But probably is a pretty huge benchmark to the rest of youtube community.  Plus, we don’t get money from youtube. We are currently directly sponsored by Google itself.

--> @Defender
That's interesting you don't get money from Youtube. Is it bc you are a foreign channel and they can't run America adds on your videos? If i had to guess that's what i would think. Well, congratulations with all your achievement. That's pretty cool that you are sponsored by Google. I know the 100k mark is a good milestone. I just have other things i do irl that make me money. I think the 100k, if i put effort into it, is an achievable benchmark... but i always wondered if it is worth the time and effort. I've heard some channels that are in the 300k mark make like 6k a month from combination of Youtube and Pateron. That's good, but 300k is considerably harder to reach and also could be never reached. I'll have to run a cost analysis and figure that out.

I was watching some videos on the new 8k electronics coming out. What is your opinion on that? Is it worth it or is it not much of an improvement to upgrade what i already have?  Also, i briefly heard something about 5g... is that coming out this year? 
--> @Outplayz
I don't know about the precise number that you can get, but you can ask the youtube customer support about that number.

Second of all, on 8K electronic. I would definitely suggest against getting a 8K screen from LG. Despite it's current existence, there is no matching up quality contents that you can use on there, plus, if you did get to use 8K solution contents, the present i7 cores will run at a full overclocking throughout that period. Don't get me wrong, I didn't tell you not to get 1, you can, and it is affordable. Our office got one in the CES 2019 this year, however, interestingly, it had been proved that 8K sends your computer into overclocking.  Now listen, if you don't want your new computer to burn up, don't get into overclocking zone.

5G, basically all the 2G, 3G and 4G are all communication protocol. The most recent 5G standards currently belongs to Huawei and is already popular and commercialized in China. It is quite fast, however, be warned. Due to the recent trade wars and also Canadian-Chinese prisoner problem, 5G might not be available in North America due to government bans.
--> @Outplayz
BTW: you can check this out, one of our US counterpart made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnrJVE0p_u8