ALEX JONES goes FULL HINDENBURG

Author: oromagi

Total: 8
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
ALEX JONES LEARNS on WITNESS STAND THAT LAWYER SENT his TEXT MESSAGES to RIVAL ATTORNEYS
Dylan Stableford@yahoo!news

While being cross-examined at his defamation trial in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday, Alex Jones was informed that his attorneys accidentally sent two years of text messages from his cellphone to the lawyer for the Sandy Hook parents suing him — and then failed to note that the messages were protected under attorney-client privilege.

Mark Bankston, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, presented a text message about Sandy Hook that Bankston said came from Jones’s cellphone.
“Do you know where I got this?” Bankston asked Jones.

“No,” Jones replied.

Bankston explained: “Twelve days ago, your attorneys messed up and sent me an entire digital copy of your entire cellphone with every text message that you’ve sent for the past two years — and when informed, did not take any steps to identify it as privileged or protected.”

In a pretrial deposition, Jones had testified under oath that he had searched his phone for text messages about Sandy Hook in preparation for the trial and found none.

“That is how I know you lied to me when you said you didn’t have any text messages about Sandy Hook,” Bankston told Jones. “Did you know this?”

Jones said he did not, and that he had given his phone to his attorneys.

"I guess this is your 'Perry Mason' moment," he added.

"You know what perjury is, right?" Bankston asked.

“Yes, I do,” Jones replied. “I mean, I’m not a tech guy.”

The dramatic exchange came during cross-examination of Jones on the second day of his testimony.

Earlier Wednesday, Jones sought to portray himself as a victim who had been “typecast” for claiming that the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., was staged.

Jones, the only witness called by his defense team, began by complaining about media outlets that refuse to report that he now believes that the massacre, which left 20 children and six educators dead, actually happened.

“It's 100% real,” Jones said under direct questioning from his lawyer F. Andino Reynal.

The concession came a day after Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, the parents of Jesse Lewis, a 6-year-old boy killed at Sandy Hook, told the jury that false claims that the attack did not occur have made their lives a “living hell.”

Heslin and Lewis are suing Jones and his media company Free Speech Systems for $150 million for the harassment they've received as a result of the unfounded conspiracy theory spread by Jones and his guests on Infowars, a far-right website that hosts talk shows and other content.

Jones was asked by Reynal to explain what he now thinks about the massacre in Newtown.

“I think Sandy Hook happened. I think it was a terrible event,” he said, before adding: “I think it was a cover-up. The FBI knew it was going to happen.”

Under cross-examination, Bankston peppered Jones with questions about statements that have been made on Infowars during the trial, including the suggestion that Judge Maya Guerra Gamble is rigging the proceedings with an actual script, and that Gamble is somehow involved in a pedophilia ring.

Bankston asked Jones if such statements were evidence that he is taking the trial seriously.

“I think this is serious as cancer,” Jones replied.

Bankston also asked Jones about other mass tragedies that he has claimed were "false flag" events, including the mass shootings in Las Vegas, Parkland, Fla., and Sutherland Springs, Texas, and the Boston Marathon bombings.

As was the case during Jones's testimony on Tuesday, Gamble repeatedly reminded him to answer only the questions he was asked.

“This is not your show,” the judge said.

oromagi
oromagi
ALEX JONES CONCEDES SANDY HOOK ATTACK was '100% REAL'
By JIM VERTUNO@APNews

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones testified Wednesday that he now understands he was irresponsible to declare the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre a hoax, and he now believes it was “100% real.”

Speaking a day after the parents of a 6-year-old boy who was killed in the 2012 attack testified about the suffering, death threats and harassment they’ve endured because of what Jones has trumpeted on his media platforms, the Infowars host told a Texas courtroom that he definitely thinks the attack happened.

“Especially since I’ve met the parents. It’s 100% real,” Jones said before the jury began determining how much he and his media company, Free Speech Systems, owe for defaming Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis. Their son Jesse Lewis was among the 20 students and six educators who were killed in the attack in Newtown, Connecticut.

Heslin and Lewis said Tuesday that an apology wouldn’t suffice and that Jones needed to be held accountable for repeatedly spreading falsehoods about the attack, which was the deadliest school shooting in American history. They are seeking at least $150 million from the trial, which is in its second week.

Jones — who has portrayed the lawsuit against him as an attack on his First Amendment rights — told the jury that any compensation above $2 million “will sink us,” but added: “I think it’s appropriate for whatever you decide what you want to do.”

The jury began deliberating after Jones finished testifying and lawyers wrapped up their cases.

During closing arguments, Jones’ attorney Andino Reynal said the plaintiffs didn’t prove that Jones’ actions and words caused actual harm, and that the trial lacked evidence of the harassment, anguish and character defamation that the parents claimed. He asked the jurors to award the parents $8 — one dollar for each of the compensation charges they are considering.

“Alex Jones may not be to our particular taste, but millions of Americans tune in to be informed, to be entertained, to have their voices heard,” Reynal said. “Speak the truth in your verdict. For them. And for all Americans.”

Jones was the only person who testified in his own defense. His attorney asked him if he now understands it was “absolutely irresponsible” to push the false claims that the massacre didn’t happen and no one died.

Jones said he does, but added, “They (the media) won’t let me take it back.”

He also complained that he’s been “typecast as someone that runs around talking about Sandy Hook, makes money off Sandy Hook, is obsessed by Sandy Hook.”

Under a withering cross-examination from attorney Mark Bankston, Jones acknowledged his history of raising conspiracy claims regarding other mass tragedies, from the Oklahoma City and Boston Marathon bombings to the mass shootings in Las Vegas and Parkland, Florida.

Bankston then went after Jones’ credibility, showing an Infowars video clip from last week when a host — not Jones — claimed the trial was rigged and featured a photo of the judge in flames. Then came another clip of Jones asking if the jury was selected from a group of people “who don’t know what planet” they live on. Jones said he didn’t mean that part literally.

Bankston said Jones hadn’t complied with court orders to provide text messages and emails for pretrial evidence gathering. Jones said, “I don’t use email,” then was showed one gathered from another source that came from his email address. He replied: “I must have dictated that.”

At one point, Bankston informed Jones that his attorneys had mistakenly sent Bankston the last two years’ worth of texts from Jones’ cellphone.

The attorney also showed the court an email from an Infowars business officer informing Jones that the company had earned $800,000 gross in selling its products in a single day, which would amount to nearly $300 million in a year. Jones said that was the company’s best day in sales.

Jones’ testimony came a day after Heslin and Lewis told the courtroom in Austin, where Jones and his companies are based, that Jones and the false hoax claims he and Infowars pushed made their lives a “living hell” of death threats, online abuse and harassment.

They led a day of charged testimony Tuesday that included the judge scolding the bombastic Jones for not being truthful with some of what he said under oath.

In a gripping exchange, Lewis spoke directly to Jones, who was sitting about 10 feet away. Earlier that day, Jones was on his broadcast program telling his audience that Heslin is “slow” and being manipulated by bad people.

At one point, Lewis asked Jones: “Do you think I’m an actor?”

“No, I don’t think you’re an actor,” Jones responded before the judge admonished him to be quiet until called to testify.

Heslin told the jury about holding his son with a bullet hole through his head, even describing the extent of the damage to his son’s body. A key segment of the case is a 2017 Infowars broadcast that said Heslin didn’t hold his son.

The jury was shown a school picture of a smiling Jesse taken two weeks before he was killed. The parents didn’t receive the photo until after the shooting. They described how Jesse was known for telling classmates to “run!” which likely saved lives.

Jones initially took the stand later Tuesday. At one point the judge sent the jury out of the courtroom and strongly scolded Jones for telling the jury he had complied with pretrial evidence gathering even though he didn’t and that he is bankrupt, which has not been determined. The plaintiffs’ attorneys were furious about Jones mentioning he is bankrupt, which they worry will taint the jury’s decisions about damages.

“This is not your show,” Judge Maya Guerra Gamble told Jones. “Your beliefs do not make something true. You are under oath.”
Courts in Texas and Connecticut have already found Jones liable for defamation for his portrayal of the Sandy Hook massacre as a hoax involving actors aimed at increasing gun control.

At stake in the Texas trial is how much Jones will pay. The jurors will consider damages in two phases. Once they determine whether Jones should pay the parents compensation for defamation and emotional distress, they must then decide if he must also pay punitive damages. That portion will involve a separate mini-trial involving Jones and financial experts testifying about his and his company’s net worth.

Jones has already tried to protect Free Speech Systems financially. The company, which is Infowars’ parent company, filed for federal bankruptcy protection last week. Sandy Hook families have separately sued Jones over his financial claims, arguing that the company is trying to protect millions owned by Jones and his family through shell entities.

oromagi
oromagi
JAN 6 COMMITEE PREPARES to SUBPOENA ALEX JONES' TEXTS, EMAILS
Jones’ lawyers in a Sandy Hook defamation case fumbled three years worth of texts and emails. The committee would like to know more about any contacts with Donald Trump’s team regarding the Jan. 6 Capitol attack
ADAM RAWNSLEY and ASAWIN [email protected]

The January 6th House committee is preparing to request the trove of Alex Jones’s text messages and emails revealed Wednesday in a defamation lawsuit filed by victims of the Sandy Hook massacre, Rolling Stone has learned.

On Wednesday, Sandy Hook victims’ attorney Mark Bankston told Jones that his attorney had mistakenly sent Bankston three years worth of the conspiracy theorist’s emails and text messages copied from his phone.

Now — a source familiar with the matter and another person briefed on it tell Rolling Stone — the January 6th committee is preparing to request that data from the plaintiff attorneys in order to aid its investigation of the insurrection. These internal deliberations among the committee, which is probing former President Donald Trump’s role in causing the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, began within minutes of the lawyer’s revelation being heard on the trial’s livestream on Wednesday afternoon.

Jones has already featured prominently in the panel’s investigation for his role in whipping up public support for the insurrection and for his close ties to alleged conspirator Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keepers militia. Jones frequently hosted Rhodes as a guest on his InfoWars channel and his militia provided security for the Texas-based conspiracist.

The committee initially subpoenaed Jones in November 2021 and asked for him to turn over documents and participate in a deposition. Jones, according to a letter sent by the committee, was initially told by the White House on January 3, 2021 that he was “to lead a march to the Capitol, where President Trump would meet” with protesters.

It’s unclear what, specifically, the committee will be looking for in Jones communications but attorneys for the Sandy Hook plaintiffs have accused the InfoWars host of intentionally withholding relevant communications about the Sandy Hook shooting and lying about having conducted a search for them. A committee spokesman declined to comment.

The documents were turned over after Jones’ attorney “did not take any steps to identify it as privileged or protected in any way and as of two days ago it fell free and clear into my possession,” Bankston told Jones in court Wednesday. “That is how I know you lied to me.”

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
This nut case is just one example of the kind of nutty we have in USA voters. I bet this nutter loved Trumpet  as did the 60 million who voted for him.

End date for humanity 2232, if not sooner.

....." Alex Jones' media company files for bankruptcy during defamation damages trial '.....

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ebuc
 I bet this nutter loved Trumpet
Well that would be a powerful understatement. 

Let's recall that

• Roger Stone was Alex Jones' employee in 2014-15 before Trump announced his run for presidency
  • Jerome Coursi, PERSON#1 in Mueller's conviction of Roger Stone over the release of the hacked DNC emails, was also a long time employee
  • InfoWars was the first major media outlet to go all in for Trump, who appeared on Jones show  to promise he would not let Jones down.
  • Trump distanced himself from Jones after Jones publicly criticized Trump's airstrikes in Syria but we now know that all seems to have been forgiven in time for Jones to have been a key player in the Jan 6 coup attempt.
    • Jones was Trump's principle source of finance for the Stop the Steal rally on the Ellipse on Jan 6, who obtained the money from Publix heiress and InfoWars superfan Julie Fancelli-  writing a $650,000 check for the Stop the Steal rally and the robocall campaigns leading up to Jan 6th, a $200,000 check to Jones for his trouble as well as paying for  rooms at the Willard Hotel War Room where Giuliani, Bannon, Jones, Stone, Flynn,  Eastman, Epshteyn and some 20 others met to strategize during the days leading up to Jan 6th.
      • Joe Biggs, Proud Boys leader and still current  InfoWars employee is being held without bail on charges of Conspiracy to overthrow the US government after leading the team of Proud Boys who punched the first breaches in the Capitol on Jan 6th. using shields taken from police they had just assaulted on the steps below.
    • Jones connects Trump to the money, the planners and the best prepared operatives on Jan 6th.
      • And now at least some of his texts and emails from that time have "accidently" dropped into the public record?
        • Could be interesting.
      • Jones' ex-wife also testified to the Jan 6 Committee two weeks ago after declaring she had "relevant insider information" on Jones' activities that day.
 Alex Jones' media company files for bankruptcy during defamation damages trial
  • Well, all three of Jones' current bankruptcies are likely to be dismissed after today's revelation that he has significantly perjured himself regarding the extent of his income and wealth.

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@oromagi
Great stuff about such immoral humans on Earth. I never knew much about this Alex Jones over these many years.

I was sorry to see that owner of Paypal is Trumpet loyalist in AZ, backing Trumpet candidate
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ebuc
Great stuff about such immoral humans on Earth.
I'd advocate that you not judge all Earthlings by the least of us.
oromagi
oromagi
TODAY's COURTROOM UPDATE: 

• Jones' lawyer demands all copies of emails, texts destroyed.  Motion denied.
  • Sandy Hook lawyer describes texts between Roger Stone and Jones as "intimate"
    • Confirms Jan 6 committee has requested all communications over last 2 years
  • Jones was in illegal possession of some Sandy Hook parents' medical records.