The Four Stages of Republican Misinformation

Author: Double_R

Total: 170
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
Inserting article from the daily beast on how the republican disinformation machine works. Below is a snippet...

The entire right-wing ecosystem unleashed its full arsenal to discredit the 10-year-old girl as a liar, intimidate her physician, demonize liberals, and continue its march backward, undeterred, in its quest to make Handmaid’s Tale cosplay a reality—in an America that subordinates and punishes women for having the audacity to control their own bodies.

To achieve its goal, the right uses a now familiar four-part strategy.

First, Republicans use any means necessary to achieve power and promote their unpopular, extremist, counter-majoritarian agenda.

Second, they create and promote disinformation and lies to frighten their base and Jedi mind-trick them into believing they are being oppressed by the actual victims.

Third, they create a specific villain, target them, and then attack them through scapegoating, smearing, and intimidation.

Fourth, they never apologize or back down once their lie is exposed, but instead, they double down, and in times of doubt, always pivot towards racism and fear-mongering.
Thoughts?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
That article has nothing on Saul Alinsky's rules for Democrats.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
First, Republicans use any means necessary to achieve power and promote their unpopular, extremist, counter-majoritarian agenda.

Second, they create and promote disinformation and lies to frighten their base and Jedi mind-trick them into believing they are being oppressed by the actual victims.

Third, they create a specific villain, target them, and then attack them through scapegoating, smearing, and intimidation.

Fourth, they never apologize or back down once their lie is exposed, but instead, they double down, and in times of doubt, always pivot towards racism and fear-mongering.

1. Failed Coup
2. "it was ANTIFA and BLM"
3. Ray Epps
4. Sooner kill Liz Cheney than apologize

1. Failed Election
2. "Stop the Steal!"
3. Dominion Voting Systems
4. Sooner kill the Vice President than apologize

1.  Trump-Zelensky Phone Call
2.  "Ukraine is hiding Hillary's deleted emails"
3.  Hunter Biden's laptop
4.  Sooner kill John Bolton than apologize

1. Russian Collusion
2. Pizzagate/QAnon
3. Podesta/Strzok/Page
4. Sooner kill the FBI than apologize

1. Birthergate
2. "Where's the Birth Certificate?"
3. Hillary Clinton
4. Sooner kill John McCain than apologize

1. Iraq War
2. "WMDs"
3. Scooter Libby/Plame/Wilson
4. Sooner kill Colin Powell than apologize

1. etc.
2. etc.
3. etc.
4. etc.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Good. 

Do they? The "victims" of systemic racism are the ones committing 52% of all violent crime in this country. Who is more affected?? 

Good.

Good.

One correction: There are no lies nor misinformation. It is all true
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
The "victims" of systemic racism are the ones committing 52% of all violent crime in this country. Who is more affected?? 

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Good.
Why is this good?
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Xi:               Putin, do you know a way we can remove the USA as the world leader?

Putin:        Well, they do have a large amount of stupid people that call themselves Republicans. I think we could manipulate them.
                     I actually got one elected President and I'm building a tower for him now in Moscow.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
“Hey pal, it’s Dad,”
“It’s 8:15 on Wednesday night. If you get a chance, just give me a call. Nothing urgent. I just wanted to talk to you.”

“I thought the article released online, it’s going to be printed tomorrow in the Times, was good. I think you’re clear. And anyway if you get a chance, give me a call, I love you.”
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Double_R
Hey pal, it’s Dad,”
“It’s 8:15 on Wednesday night. If you get a chance, just give me a call. Nothing urgent. I just wanted to talk to you.”

“I thought the article released online, it’s going to be printed tomorrow in the Times, was good. I think you’re clear. And anyway if you get a chance, give me a call, I love you.”

I think this probably needs to be expanded to include, deflection, subject changing and whataboutism - or just plain gaslighting.

Because that’s what typically happens when they’re challenged on open and shut facts.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot

I guess the FBI is all Republicans for all that misinformation.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
SQUIRREL!

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
Corruption is a cancer: a cancer that eats away at a citizen's faith in democracy, diminishes the instinct for innovation and creativity; already-tight national budgets, crowding out important national investments. It wastes the talent of entire generations. It scares away investments and jobs.
YOU’RE NOT TALKING ABOUT INFORMATION THAT PAINTS REPUBLICANS FAVOURABLY. WE MUST TALK INSTEAD ABOUT THE SQUIRREL.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"Al-Qaida is gone from Afghanistan."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
“We’re sending back the vast majority of the families that are coming.”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"If we kept (the minimum wage) indexed to inflation, people would be making $20 an hour right now.”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"Because the Federal Reserve recently cut interest rates to near 0%, “the Fed will be of little consequence now. They’ve already used what leverage they have.”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"Sanders’ “Medicare for All” plan "would cost more than the entire federal budget that we spend now."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"I was always labeled as one of the most liberal members of the United States Congress."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"In the United States alone we lose more than 3,000 people a day to cancer."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"General Motors is the largest corporation in the world again."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"Thanks to the American Rescue Plan’s changes to the Affordable Care Act, “four out of five consumers (are) finding quality coverage for under $10 a month.”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
“This country’s working people actually got a raise.”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"People vaccinated for COVID-19 do not spread the disease to anyone else.”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
“Wages have gone up higher, faster than inflation.”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
“There is a consensus among economists left, right, and center… that we can’t spend too much on COVID-19 relief."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
“$400,000 ... is more money than I’ve ever made in a year."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"The fact is that right now the vast majority of Democrats do not support Medicare for All."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"I did not oppose busing in America. What I opposed is busing ordered by the Department of Education."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"If you shut down Amtrak's Northeast Corridor, it's estimated you'd have to add seven new lanes to I-95 to accommodate the increased traffic."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
“I used to drive a tractor trailer … I only did it for part of a summer.”

"As a youth, I got arrested protesting for civil rights."

“I make a special appeal to social media companies and media outlets: Please deal with the misinformation and disinformation that is on your shows. It has to stop. We have got to work together, not against each other.”

Corruption is a cancer: a cancer that eats away at a citizen's faith in democracy, diminishes the instinct for innovation and creativity; already-tight national budgets, crowding out important national investments. It wastes the talent of entire generations. It scares away investments and jobs.