All Lives Matter vs. Black Lives Matter.

Author: YeshuaBought

Total: 51
YeshuaBought
Debates: 4
YeshuaBought
I am so tired of race baiters judging by skin color when we are all one human race.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
There are no pure races anywhere on the planet. Everyone is a mutt.
Mister_Man
Debates: 0
Mister_Man
BLM does nothing but divide us. All these crybabay try hard "look how progressive I am" types do nothing but categorize every single person into some kind of group, then label that group as good or bad.

I'd go as far to say BLM is a domestic terrorist organization, due to their senseless violence and rioting in the name of politics.
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@Mister_Man
I agree with you. Elevating skin color has become a defacto religion for the left.
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@Greyparrot
Bark! i agree. I personally believe we are all one human race.
Mister_Man
Mister_Man
-->
@YeshuaBought
For a group that claims they're against racism, they don't help much by making every single thing that ever exists and happens about race, lol
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
Though I disagree many of the factual assumptions of BLM, I don't have a problem with the name. If their position is that black people are being unfairly targeted by the police because of their race, they're not obligated to make the focus about all people. There's no problem in saying "black lives matter" if they are the ones whose lives you think are being systematically undervalued by the system. The problem is with their factual assumptions, not with the name, which is just a logical reflection of those assumptions. "All lives matter" is too vague to be the slogan of any movement. 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@dylancatlow
90% of black homicides are from other blacks(https://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/trump-retweets-bogus-crime-graphic/).  If blacks want to save themselves, they should start by not killing themselves.
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@dylancatlow
BLM is racist for judging by skin color.
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@Mister_Man
So true.
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@YeshuaBought
Can you give an example of what you mean? If BLM maintains that people of a certain color are the targets of racist cops, then how is it racist to treat these people differently than the people who are not targets? 

YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@dylancatlow
Prove me wrong. It is racist and wrong to play identity politics.
dylancatlow
dylancatlow
-->
@YeshuaBought
There is nothing inherently wrong about BLM. It just happens to be a ridiculous movement based on lies. If you want to call it "racist" to think that blacks are the victims of racism and thus differ from other people in being targets of racism, then okay. 
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
I wonder if YeshuaBoughtwill get more traction now as a far right racist than as a far left sjw pinko?
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@ethang5
Don't play the race card. I am a moderate who left the democrats a while ago. I have agreed with all lives matter the whole fucking time, because I am tired of apologizing for something that I did NOT do. I have been a moderate since I was 15, so please kiss my ass. You just never got to know me. Also, both parties suck.
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@dylancatlow
NO ONE cares about skin color!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@YeshuaBought
Yep. No longer a snowflake, but still a troll.
YeshuaBought
YeshuaBought
-->
@ethang5
Thou dost protest too much. You might be trolling everyone here. Blocked.
ethang5
ethang5
Later, it will apologize, and claim to be a libertarian. But the outrage will always be sjw snowflake.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@YeshuaBought
I am so tired of race baiters judging by skin color when we are all one human race.
As long as sufficient loci are used (160 is a good amount), human heterozygosity disproves the "all one human race" conception.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Name me the person who is a pure race on the planet.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Greyparrot
The goalposts do not need to be moved to such a ridiculous extreme.

Many a time a human has called a colour red, when a different hue is also considered red. When does red stop being red? When does orange start being red?

Similarly, as we realise colours are social constructs, race categories are, too. However, once the categories are established, the filtering is not socially constructed, but rather filtered through genetic clustering. In other words, if we agree that red is red, and that green is green, due to the hue values, you cannot put green into the red category and say that it belongs there.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Color is not a "construct" it is an actual entity. We can manufacture pure reds with a specific wavelength and measure them exactly with precision science equipment. We cannot manufacture or even observe a pure human race.

Try again.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Greyparrot
Color is not a "construct" it is an actual entity.
I think we agree on this. Colour exists in reality, but the terms we use to define colours are social constructs. Would you not agree?

We cannot [...] observe a pure human race.
Again, does red stop being red if it's not pure? Are we only allowed to call pure reds red? Can you see how you're moving the goalposts?

ethang5
ethang5
False equivalence. Color does not equate to race
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@ethang5
False equivalence. Color does not equate to race
I was using colour as an analogy to race, not referencing skin colour and therefore ascribing race. Please don't post with knee-jerk reactions, in the future, and actually attempt to read the comments before you post. 

Thanks.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Absolutely not.If we were not able to replicate or observe a pure red wavelength in a lab, then no sane scientist would conclude that the color red must exist somewhere. On blind faith of course.

That belongs in the religion forum, along with the other people who think a pure race is a scientific thing.
Analgesic.Spectre
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@Greyparrot
Absolutely not.If we were not able to replicate or observe a pure red wavelength in a lab, then no sane scientist would conclude that the color red must exist somewhere. On blind faith of course.
Racial genetic admixture has become a reality of human existence, given globalisation. Despite this, there is nearly 100% correspondence between genetic cluster and geography, with as little as 160 loci (even when k=3) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1180234/).

Again, we still call many hues red, despite them not all being a "pure red wavelength". Do you refuse to call anything red, if it's not a "pure red wavelength?" Do you seek the council of colour scientists, whenever you need to label a colour something, just to make sure the colour is "a pure wavelength?" Leave the goalposts alone.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
I was using colour as an analogy to race....
And you were wrong in doing so. 

Many hues of red are still considered red, that is not the case with race. Any dilution means a person can no longer be considered pure. Your analogy suffered from the fallacy of false equivalency.

Please don't post with knee-jerk reactions, in the future, and actually attempt to read the comments before you post.
Lol. OK. How are your knees?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
Lol the goalposts are just fine. There exists no pure races for you to make your analysis.

Pure colors exist.