Author: secularmerlin

Total: 117
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
There's as much water in Earth's mantle as in all the oceans | New Scientist

https://www.google.com.gh/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.newscientist.com/article/2133963-theres-as-much-water-in-earths-mantle-as-in-all-the-oceans/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiHnOzf7-fcAhWFNd8KHYUuCusQFjALegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3Gt-WJsw9VTXtIV_4ETONE&ampcf=1

vagabond
Debates: 0
vagabond
-->
@ethang5
Yes young fellow. Can you supply enough water to flood Mt Everest right now? Or do you need a very large dose of magic? You do understand what water is, don't you? I have doubts.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@vagabond
It's not debatable at all.
But it is. Do you know which came first? The flood or Everest?
It's a fact as I proved.
You have "proved" anything. You have just wrote words of opinion. What proof, Where is your proof?

Still, you are entitled to believe anything some bronze age savage imagined,

I am. But the you don't even know when the original text of the bible were written, do you? What is your evidence for a "bronze age" bible?

unfortunately that just makes you the fool.

No, but it does show you to be just spouting things that you cannot back up when asked some simple questions about your - opinions that have no substance.

Don't stop believing in the three little pigs.

You should take a lesson from the three little pigs. It is a moralistic story about hard work and dedication. While the other two pigs were spending their time playing the fool and poncing around and building their houses (arguments in your case) of straw etc, the third took the time to find the best material and dedicated time and effort to the construction a good solid home Or Argument in my case.
vagabond
vagabond
-->
@Stephen
I'm looking for you to supply the existence of enough water to cover Mt Everest, since that is the claim in your book of lies. You can't support that lie but you keep waffling.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@vagabond
I prefer reality and have no need of fairy tales to make my life meaningful.
But you did start here by saying;

Actually most of the bible is fiction, fabrication and lies.

See that  ^ ? Most of. 
So putting aside the parts you deem "fairy tales", what parts do you believe? 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@vagabond
I'm looking for you to supply the existence of enough water to cover Mt Everest, since that is the claim in your book of lies.

Why? I haven't made a single claim only one about Mars. You have made ALL the claims and supported none of them. Asking you to support your claims is not waffleing, and it is not my book.

Stop trying to diverting and trying to create strawman and get down to supporting your claims with some good solid, well researched, supporting evidence for all your claims, there's a good lad.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Yet another person is about to realize he's talking to a troll.
vagabond
vagabond
-->
@ethang5
Who are you again? You seem to fit the bill as a cowardly drive by sniping troll.
That's OK you'll run away and hide soon. Bye Bye
vagabond
vagabond
-->
@Stephen
We're not discussing your claim little one we are discussing the lies in the great book of lies ie the bible try to keep up. Are you being put off by the troll ethan6 or whatever? Don't worry meaningless liars like her don't last long.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@vagabond
We're not discussing your claim little one
I know. I am trying to discuss your claims, but you keep avoiding. Is there something distracting you? 
And I haven't made any claims bar Mars was once water according to new research. 

we are discussing the lies in the great book of lies ie the bible try to keep up.
Yes we are and we are also discussing evidence or in your case lack of it. You say you have proved something, what is it you believe you have proved? 

Are you being put off by the troll ethan6 or whatever?
No. I am trying to get you to support your claims. Have you read the bible? How do you know it was written in the bronze age? How do you know Everest had evolved before the flood? How do you know the earth wasn't water once? What proof do you have that other civilisations never mention a flood. 

Don't worry meaningless liars like her don't last long.

Another claim without evidence. Is it allowed to call someone a liar on this new forum without evidence. that is disgraceful. It will be the forum that "won't last long" if this is allowed to continue, I'm sure.
And  I haven't read her posts, just yours. so I can't say if or not she is a liar. But I will look for you while you sort out your supporting evidence. interesting you mention the three little pigs, you haven't read that either have you. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Stephen
How did these gods accomplish this exodus without leaving any geological or archeological evidence?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@secularmerlin
How did these gods accomplish this exodus without leaving any geological or archeological evidence?

Not a clue. And that would also depend on what one would accept as geological or archeological evidence, wouldn't it?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@vagabond
OK, now which parts are not fiction, fabrication and lies?
It is a very simply questestion. A question generated by your own statement.

It is a fact I have proved

So youkeep saying. But no one, especially me, has seen this proof. When will we see it?

vagabond
vagabond
-->
@Stephen
The page numbers.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@vagabond

The page numbers.

So, you have absolutely nothing to offer in defence of a single one of your silly unthought out claims.

Your a little bit of a dunce aren't you really,  Nothing of substance and without aforethought, here only to cause conflict and ridicule people. You have absolutely no intention of debating or discussing anything at all rationally,  do you. 
I see now why no one has taken to or responded to your one and only pointless, going nowhere   thread. Many here seem to know you extremely well and are giving you a wide berth. It all makes sense now. 

There is still this little disingenuous statement that you seem to have shot yourself in the foot with;
So, which parts are not lies , fabrication and fiction in your opinion?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
 would also depend on what one would accept as geological or archeological evidence

Do you have something that you feel qualifies as evidence to present?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@secularmerlin
No.

Only conjecture rather than knowledge.  Suppositional, theoretical, hypothetical, based on guesswork, putative, academic, notional, abstract.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Stephen
Ok thank you for sharing what you believe and why. 

9 days later

spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
-->
@secularmerlin
I'm a devout theist, but I don't believe that God's existence can be rationally justified. The physicalist model of the universe is 100% coherent, and there's no rational reason to suppose that any supernatural being exists beyond that.

My faith in God is ultimately based upon my own personal experience of him.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@spacetime
What sort at experience? 
mookestink
mookestink
i believe that problems about the existence of non-existence of God present an ultimately unintelligible question.  Due to the nature of language, we have ambiguous words (eg. nice, said) that lose all meaning due to overuse.  In the case of God, we can look to E-prime, English without the verb “to be”.  If we take all the niceness from English, and delete is, are, am, being, becomes, exists, we are forced to admit that talking about God’s existence generates a non-real dillemma.

I do not believe in existence, therefore I do not make certain claims.  I don’t believe I lose anything thereby.
spacetime
spacetime
-->
@secularmerlin

What sort of experience? 

Words cannot describe it.

spacetime
spacetime
I'm a devout theist, but I don't believe that God's existence can be rationally justified. The physicalist model of the universe is 100% coherent, and there's no rational reason to suppose that any supernatural being exists beyond that.

My faith in God is ultimately based upon my own personal experience of him.

I'd also like to note that my faith in God doesn't change much about how I think the universe works. I don't view the physicalist model of the universe as incompatible with God's existence.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
Words cannot describe it.
Then I'm not sure how we could have any discussion about them.

vagabond
vagabond
-->
@Stephen
The page numbers!
spacetime
spacetime
-->
@secularmerlin
Then I'm not sure how we could have any discussion about them.
There's no discussion to be had. I've already conceded that my theism isn't based in rationality.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@spacetime
And that is very mature. I'm not sure how you retain your beliefs since that exact realization led to my current skepticism but good on you.