Can anyone beat Barney?

Author: Undefeatable

Total: 80
Avery
Debates: 0
Avery
-->
@Lair77
Tbh, I might even rate Madman over Barney.  Barney only has like 7 actual debates.  The other 30 are trolls, forfeits, grammar arguments or terrible opponents.

I'd rather lose to good opponents than rarely face them.
IIRC, Barney had 88 debates on his DDO account (Ragnar). If you add his DDO and Dart accounts together, he's gone well over 100 debates without losing. Even if it's all against no-name noobs (I can't remember, but I'd bet there was the odd harder debater in there), winning all those debates across a bunch of topics is worth something.

Meanwhile, Madman has racked up losses against mediocre and poor debaters. A 67% win ratio is poor, even if he has done many. Danielle had about a 90% win ratio with about the same number of debates, and she seemed to face a similar number of tough opponents. However, people don't even seem to mention Danielle in these recent 'who was the best?' discussions. If she's second rank with that record, then what is Madman with a far inferior one?

So, what do we have? We've got a guy with a flawless record who probably hasn't ever debated a first or second rank debater on either website (IIRC), versus a guy who has lost to various ranks of debaters (albeit he has won a lot more tougher debates than Barney). I'd rather take the guy who hasn't lost or been tested, versus the guy who we know is above average and nothing more.

But yeah if you only saw Barney's account on here, you might be tempted to take Madman.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
You have to take others Avery, the permanent spectator.

How will I ever live without you fangirling me?

As I said, it is you, Barney and plenty others that are scared to face me. I will face you any time on any reasonable resolution where I feel voters have no severe bias against my side.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I already told you Barney has defeated Oromagi and Novice.
Avery
Avery
I have a positive 1-0 record against you, RationalMadman, due to beating you on DDO. You can multi-post and make excuses all you want, but it's a fact that I beat you as a "permanent spectator".

I don't consider Oromagi or Novice to be top tier or second rank debaters, although I haven't looked too hard into their records. Novice seems to be getting much better, though, so he's probably already surpassed you.
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
Instead of fronting with Ilikepie5, why not step up and actually debate me about the ban's reasoning, as you wrote it and have the resolution that is was based on a majority of lies and fallacious basis considering amnesty and context?

You can set the resolution.

I will fucking body you, I am sick of people saying I am mediocre, they have not seen me debate something I care about truly overall and against an opponent I really want to defeat on said topic.
I've been willing to debate you on this for a very long time. You have multiple times claimed all evidence for the ban is pure lies (as in, RationalMadman never made those posts...). By all means, issue that challenge.

I am very emotionally driven at my core. I need to burn to win and then I will bring all hell upon my opponent, not wasting a single character typed.

Make it 23k chars at least. I want to explore a lot of angles.
5k characters would be more than sufficient if not wasting the vast majority of the characters on side tangents of dubious relation to the topic.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Novice_II
If Barney is interested in moderation debates, I would happily debate him over his own voting.
The resolution could be "THBT Barney has mis-represented a debater's arguments within the content of his voting decision." Barney seems to take liberty in avoiding other propositions including those which he has labeled "logical leaps," in the past, so I suspect this resolution could be pertinent. 
Have I ever cast an imperfect vote? Every last one of them is imperfect. Dig through enough of my voting history, and some are downright flawed. As part of the moderation team, I encourage others to delete my reported votes if they are even borderline (which for other users are standardly left in place), and have personally deleted some of my own upon reconsideration of the quality of said votes.

If your choice to follow me around to routinely gripe about my voting ever since I beat you in a debate is merited, that I would be curious to see your justification for. I suppose a resolution along the lines of "Barney is the worst voter ever."

If you have followed any other voter around so obsessively, please let me know the error in my interpretation of your actions.
Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
-->
@Barney
I will ignore all the peculiar theories about me secretly following you around in real life. I am not interested in your ramble, I am interested in debating you. 

My propositions are:
  • THBT Barney has mis-represented a debater's arguments within the content of his voting decision.
  • THBT the majority of animal farming is slavery. (something the moderator in question has called a logical leap). 
If you believe the second is so illogical, you would have no issue debating this, you would see it as a free win. Privately, you continued to dodge my question so, to me, (much like many of our "top debaters") this indicates you are scared of defending your own position. Now, if this is not true I have no desire to mis-represent you, but this is the only reasonable interpretation I can theorize.  Do you accept any of them currently or not? 

I don't want any additional dodge, just yes or no, please.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Novice_II
THBT the majority of animal farming is slavery. (something the moderator in question has called a logical leap). 
slaves are always defined as people so that seems like a pretty easy beat

Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@oromagi
Perfect, then we debate this.
I will create my debate and you can accept it. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney

It is 25k chars, not 5k. I want to murk you in 1080p HD, you feel me? More detail allows more rebuttals and clashing.

I warn you that if you try to gaslight and make it 'RM made these posts, instead of RM did what we said he did and earned the ban for the majority of the reasons and posts, you will be torn to shreds as that is not the lie that RM ever accused you of, you fucking liar.

You can weasel out due to the characters or take it, choice is yours. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I have a positive 1-0 record against you, RationalMadman, due to beating you on DDO. You can multi-post and make excuses all you want, but it's a fact that I beat you as a "permanent spectator".

I don't consider Oromagi or Novice to be top tier or second rank debaters, although I haven't looked too hard into their records. Novice seems to be getting much better, though, so he's probably already surpassed you.
Lmao. 1 is nothing. That can be down to topic imbalance and many factors and I was much weaker back then, had less depth to the cunning in what I would debate, it was not tailored to my opponent.
Avery
Avery
Lmao. 1 is nothing. That can be down to topic imbalance and many factors and I was much weaker back then, had less depth to the cunning in what I would debate, it was not tailored to my opponent.
It's more than you've won against me.

You need a bunch of excuses as to why your record is not better. The top debaters don't. Their records speak for themselves. You have a 67% win ratio whilst I had a 90%+ one. You've never beaten me but I've beaten you. 

You can talk all you want about cunning, topic imbalances and doing multiple debates at once, but they are all excuses to cover one fact: you're mediocre.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
No, I don't need any excuses at all, they need excuses to why they're shaking in their boots to face me, like what misterchris will feel now.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am a top tier debater, the thing is I have a lot of shades to the level I try, prioritising quantity over quality most times especially as out of 38 ties, 34 or 35 are blatant wins.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Barney
I know at least one person that can defeat Barney; https://youtu.be/2D-ZO2rGcSA
Barney
Barney
-->
@Novice_II
I will ignore all the peculiar theories about me secretly following you around in real life.
No such theories have been presented by anyone other than you. What was pointed to was an online pattern clearly evidenced by your debate comment history. If false, name one user who you've bemoaned a greater number of their votes on other peoples debates?

Your bizarre wanton misunderstanding of even the most simple things, examples why the word salad you present as debates has difficultly holding my attention.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Ramshutu
He already defeated me! https://youtu.be/PuYA6qX_n8o?t=147
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@Barney
  • I think we are done here. If you want to debate me, you know what to do. If you are too scared to defend your own position, that is also fine. I am not actually interested in having a conversation with you. I tend to lose interest when the response to basic yes/no questions become rants and/or rambles, or when people go as far as to state non conditional propositional statements are actually unreadable masses of text (I am not in a position to teach anyone English). 

Avery
Avery
I am a top tier debater, the thing is I have a lot of shades to the level I try
'I wAsN't TrYiNg My BeSt!'

Literally a 6 year old.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am a top tier debater, the thing is I have a lot of shades to the level I try
'I wAsN't TrYiNg My BeSt!'

Literally a 6 year old.

'I cAn ToTaLlY sTiLl TrUlY bEaT yOu, I jUsT nEeD 2 lIkE mY oWn PoStS & iNsUlT u 4 mY eGo 2 fEeL GoOd. OH! FaCe u? Na, i Am 1-0 & ThAT iz Da Pr00f nEeDeD!'

'ThEy iz BaD if I SaYs so but... I Iz g00d 4 my ratingz and da 1-0 heehaw' :D
Avery
Avery
'I cAn ToTaLlY sTiLl TrUlY bEaT yOu, I jUsT nEeD 2 lIkE mY oWn PoStS & iNsUlT u 4 mY eGo 2 fEeL GoOd. OH! FaCe u? Na, i Am 1-0 & ThAT iz Da Pr00f nEeDeD!'

'ThEy iz BaD if I SaYs so but... I Iz g00d 4 my ratingz and da 1-0 heehaw' :D
This is the most reasonable you've ever sounded.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@oromagi
slaves are always defined as people so that seems like a pretty easy beat
The word Robot is drawn from an old Church Slavonic word, robota, for “servitude,” “forced labor” or “drudgery.” The word, which also has cognates in German, Russian, Polish and Czech, was a product of the central European system of serfdom by which a tenant’s rent was paid for in forced labor or service. [**]
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
Still waiting fir you to accept or suggest tweaks to the settings.
Shila
Shila
--> @Barney
RationalMadman: Still waiting for you to accept or suggest tweaks to the settings.
Barney cannot be beaten. He is from Canada.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Shila
Can't beat a guy who runs away, it's against my code of ethics.
Barney
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
I've been willing to debate you on this for a very long time. You have multiple times claimed all evidence for the ban is pure lies (as in, RationalMadman never made those posts...). By all means, issue that challenge.
The justification for the Aug 2020 ban on RM, as written and referenced in the moderation log, in the moderation log, is barely sufficient and majority lies and/or violating promised amnesty or punishing when he already was and also some double jeopardy.
Interesting resolution proposal, and IMO quite convoluted. Worse, it could be taken down with the simple act of con trolling by arguing against the ban (that the justification was indeed not sufficient).

Again, my offer is to debate your repeated claim about pure lies (I've linked one of I lost count of how many threads); and within so I would not even Kritik what counts as a lies, merely point to some of the forum posts and have the judges verify if they're there or not (quite the easy win for you if nothing's there as you've repeatedly insisted).

Further, I work full time and attend grad school (admittedly for fun). I retired from active debating a long time ago, and while I've put in a couple appearances, I do not have the time for ridiculously long debates (not to mention the research commitment reading hundreds if not thousands of your posts from years ago would take).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
Cool, make as many excuses as you want. You asked me to issue the challenge and then pussied out.

You are welcome to issue me one. I am deleting the challenge now as we have all seen who the one that is afraid is.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi

a is b and c and/or d or e and also f

that is, if PRO can prove e which is "punishing" then PRO has met burden even without proving b and c and/or d and also f.

Without even bothering to recall the details of RM's ban, I am quite certain that the ban was intended as punishment and therefore "punishing"

Shila
Shila
--> @Barney
Cool, make as many excuses as you want. You asked me to issue the challenge and then pussied out.

You are welcome to issue me one. I am deleting the challenge now as we have all seen who the one that is afraid is.
RM your win percentage is around 67%
Barney’s win percentage is 100%.

You need to do better to beat that record.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Shila
Thank you Shila, that is definitely good advice.

Please enlighten me how to do that.