Some studies dare to say that bullied children are more likely to become criminals

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 24
Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
Most people will say that bullied children deserved to be bullied. That is a fine opinion, of course. I wont challenge that. Maybe bullying should be mandatory for all children?

Some studies dare to suggest that bullied children are more likely to become criminals!

Why is that maybe true?

I propose 2 theories:

1) Getting used to be hated from childhood

Since bullied children face with constantly being hated in their childhood, they start thinking that being hated and punished is something they will face irrelevant of if they committed a crime or not.

So it makes no difference to them if they commit a crime or not. They will be hated in either case.

2) Accepting "hate and violence" as something good and profitable

Lets assume there was a person X.
People bullied Person X.
People werent punished for bullying Person X.
Person X felt bad, and people felt good.

The conclusion from these is that bullying people is good when you dont get punished. It makes you happy and nobody is hurt. People who are strong should bully those who are weak. It helps stronger people to deal with boredom.

So if you dont get caught and punished, the crime stops being wrong. And since you assume you wont be punished due to having plenty of examples of people not being punished when they bullied you, it becomes a simple decision.

The other conclusion, which most people dont understand, is that people didnt get punished for being bullies. So naturally, Person X will feel that it is fair that Person X also doesnt get punished for crimes that Person X commits.

I would propose more theories as to why bullied children are more likely to become criminals, but I cant think of any right now and I am too lazy to google it.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
If you just write shit.

Then it is highly likely that it's a load of it.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
I dont always read what I write. Most of the time I dont write what I think and I dont think what I write.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
I have also discovered that if you argue for the opposite of what you believe in, being proven wrong means also being proven right.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
I doubt this is accurate.

They are not likely to be cops, for sure but are very likely to respect the rules that their bullies broke to hurt them (though the polar opposite is possible).

Bullied people are often very sensitive, they can  be dangerous if they let rage consume them as they are also sensitive to anger.

So yes, it is possible especially if you think about it some pedos probably were bullied and felt they could not fit in with those their own age but overall correlation is probably favouring law abiding victims. Bullied kids and teens were also often rigid rule abiders that were taunted for being that way.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
#3 Yep.

#4 Good strategy.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4
--> @Best.Korea
If you just write shit.

Then it is highly likely that it's a load of it.
If you throw poop back then you start a poop fight. That is what this group is in the middle of. i.e. a poop fight.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
Just remember to switch off the fan.

24 days later

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
some studies dare to say
Golly gosh, what decade are we in?

...2020s, yep. We live in an age where "dare" is used to describe existing scientific studies. What, do you think some studies aren't fit to be posted for being themselves independent of forging data?

If the studies are false, noticeably so, failing to reject the null hypothesis, then the "dare" should not be used in this way, but that the studies dared to fake data for their study in order to further propaganda or something.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Best.Korea
Most people will say that bullied children deserved to be bullied. That is a fine opinion, of course. I wont challenge that. Maybe bullying should be mandatory for all children?
I wouldn't say "How dare you" here. Let's just, emm, ...how about share among us what data got you saying this, or let alone what kind of social commonplace impressions made you say so, because I think it is bullshit.

If you can at least attempt to reason its rationality, then I will call it a day.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Best.Korea
I dont always read what I write. Most of the time I dont write what I think and I dont think what I write.
Then you serve ZERO purpose here and I VOTE that everyone here simply IGNORES you, since you clearly do not take this site (ie., topics under discussion) let alone any member/interloper here SERIOUSLY!

By definition you are a TROLL

PEOPLE: DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!!

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@TWS1405
Then you serve ZERO purpose here and I VOTE that everyone here simply IGNORES you, since you clearly do not take this site (ie., topics under discussion) let alone any member/interloper here SERIOUSLY!
Contrary to what he exactly is, this site is NOT an authoritarian dystopia. Unless his words are so convincing that we are motivated to do something bad(or so bad that all of us are genuinely insulted), there is no need to ban him. If anything, he just adds entertainment value or general activity for the site. What he is doing "wrong" is that many of his words are so poorly-constructed that it may as well be better to leave a distance and see it as comedy.

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Intelligence_06
Annoyance and irritation =/= comedy. It's just that, annoyance and irritation.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@TWS1405
We know you don't like it. It seems pretty funny to me at times.

You are the only one I have seen so far to actually complain. We can't ban someone based on some feeling held solely by one.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Intelligence_06
Not a “feeling,” it’s an observable FACT!! 

If you find it humorous, then all you’re doing is insulting him/her/it further. You’re the one compounding the problem, not I. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TWS1405
"By definition you are a TROLL"

Sad story.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TWS1405
"I VOTE that everyone here simply IGNORES you"

Why will that work?

Will I go away if you ignore me?

Just ask yourself:

Are you able to ignore me if I make posts that prove you wrong?

If you ignore me then, you are proven wrong. If you dont ignore me, you are trolled.

What scenario can you possibly think in which you could ignore me and not lose?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Soooooooooo
Its only illegal if you get caught. ?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
If you don't ignore me and I don't ignore you, ad infinitum.

Then nothing is won, and nothing is lost.

But If I eventually fail to reply it is probably because I have better things to do.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
What ya doing Deb?

Is it fun?

9 days later

Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
Hey, this my first post ever on this website. 

What I have to say is: 

1) What crimes would the bullied be more likely to commit?

2) What form of bullying is taking place? 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Skipper_Sr
"What crimes would the bullied be more likely to commit?"

Well, I am not sure. I would guess they are more likely to commit crimes like theft and rape.

"What form of bullying is taking place?"

There are many forms of bullying. There is even non-violent bullying where no one wants to be friends with certain kid and everyone gives him weird looks so the certain kid feels like crap.
And thats the soft bullying. If on top of that they insult him and beat him up, it is likely the kid will be messed up.
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
"I would guess they are more likely to commit crimes like theft and rape."

So crimes in a general sense. I would rearrange "more likely to commit crimes" with a lack of respect for authority and rules. A hatred of people can appear if one is mistreated and abused by others. Those who are angry at the world can definitely commit horrendous acts like shooting schools. Anger can drive one to have high contempt for humans and want to lash and "avenge" themself from their school years. 

I'll talk more about your Proposed Theories later
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Best.Korea
I propose 2 theories:

1) Getting used to be hated from childhood

2) Accepting "hate and violence" as something good and profitable
1) What do you mean "getting used to"? Accepting it as a truth? Developing a lie: everyone hates me and the world is against me? Childhood is the worst time to feel no love. That is extremely detrimental to one's mental health. 

2) Do you know who accepts "hate and violence as something good and profitable"? Criminals. Some dictators

Moreover, your theories stem from what a victim would potentially start to think after being bullied. If studies conclude that bullied children commit more crimes, why would anyone endorse your theories as productive?