Frequency

Author: EtrnlVw

Total: 67
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
All conscious activity exists as energetic frequencies on certain levels like radio stations/channels....Have you ever considered frequency as the denominator or correlation for spiritual communication/experience? perhaps consider conscious awareness as a level or vibration of frequency like a radio wave that has specific wavelengths that if you wish to tune in, you must establish that frequency/channel or signal before tuning in, in other words being a transmitter/receiver of types.
"Receiver" (you) being the mechanistic conductor/device of what is being transmitted, in this sense, in order that we receive spiritual frequencies (knowledge) or experiences one must have the correct channel and device to receive information on that level of frequency. Consider your being as a transmitter or conductor, where whatever channel or frequency you are tuned into or operating from is what you will experience or receive. Being only a receiver for one channel or frequency would dictate what you receive and what you could be aware of.

Same thing with spirituality really, we will receive from whatever "channel" we tune into to, or whatever channel or frequency we are consumed with observing. Just a different way of proposing why there are people who experience this and those who do not and what the differences are. If you want to experience or tune into a frequency you have never tuned into, try adjusting the channel or frequency. This is kinda how spirituality works, it challenges the individual to tune into another "channel" or frequency.

"In radio communication systems, information is carried across space using radio waves. At the sending end, the information to be sent, in the form of a time-varying electrical signal, is applied to a radio transmitter."

"The radio waves from many transmitters pass through the air simultaneously without interfering with each other. They can be separated in the receiver because each transmitter's radio waves oscillate at a different rate, in other words each transmitter has a different frequency. "

"It has a natural resonant frequency at which it oscillates. The resonant frequency is set equal to the frequency of the desired radio station. The oscillating radio signal from the desired station causes the tuned circuit to oscillate in sympathy, and it passes the signal on to the rest of the receiver. Radio signals at other frequencies are blocked by the tuned circuit and not passed on."

Perhaps your channel or station is set to only a certain "radio wave"?

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
I await your link to a peer reviewed study on the subject. Until then I have no choice but to reject your claim.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Well you can pick and choose what source you receive information from but that only reveals your bias. "Peer reviewed" study on the subject includes that which has been recorded through spirituality and correlating sources. Are you open to that or do you only accept information that supports your worldview?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
I accept physical evidence. Do you have any?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
I await your link to a peer reviewed study on the subject.

Why do my observations need to be peer reviewed before you consider them anyways? are your "peers" something you put your full faith in? who are these peers I need to bring into the equation for you?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
I accept physical evidence. Do you have any?

Yes, but does the nature of spirituality correlate with physical evidence besides testimonials? 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Testimony-
"evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something.

firsthand authentication of a fact : evidence an outward sign

Evidence in support of a fact or assertion; proof."

This is the type of evidence that correlates with the nature of spirituality because we are not dealing with any physical objects.  In this sense we are dealing with more evidence than one can ever know what to do with. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
Peer reviewed as in repeatable consistent results in laboratory conditions.

As for anecdotal evidence otherwise known as eye witness testimony...

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin

Peer reviewed as in repeatable consistent results in laboratory conditions.

Welcome to the world of spirituality which has been shown for ages through repeatability. No, laboratory conditions will never produce spiritual conditions because that is absurd, but spirituality is based on repeatable observations, only a different nature. 

As for anecdotal evidence otherwise known as eye witness testimony...

Called evidence, get that straight. Don't know why you guys accept only one form of evidence. That is intellectually dishonest. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
Eye witness testimony is evidence. It is also unreliable. Unreliable evidence can and should be dismissed. I have always been very clear about what sort of evidence I will accept. Is there any reason tbat I should accept your unreliable anecdotal evidence over rational madman's or hari krish's? Is there any reason I should accept yours over the testimony of a scientologist or a self.proclimed alien abductee?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Its not even that we are limited by anything, it is that physical "evidence" is limited, not the reality of spirituality. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Eye witness testimony is evidence.

Oh wow, now you're getting it. 

It is also unreliable. Unreliable evidence can and should be dismissed. I have always been very clear about what sort of evidence I will accept.

Unreliable is an opinion and depends upon the source and what we are examining. You can't label all testimonials as unreliable until you can prove that. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
Personal experience is not objective. That is definitionaly true. That means that your personal experience cannot be considered a part of objective reality.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
Which had the better track record for curing disease, science or spirituality? How about feeding people? Creating reliable housing? Keeping people warm in winter? Science is observable superior to spirituality at improving our lives and far better at revealing objective truth.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Personal experience is not objective.

So your testimony no matter what the occasion is never true? perhaps you don't know what personal experience means? 

That is definitionaly true. That means that your personal experience cannot be considered a part of objective reality.

Then what is a testimony? no matter what you experience and what you claim can never be a part of objective reality lol, have fun with your delusions then. Everything you experience first hand is nothing more than a subjective reality. In this case, how will you ever know what is true?? you can never base your knowledge on anything you experience (testimony)….if it is not objective. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Which had the better track record for curing disease, science or spirituality? How about feeding people? Creating reliable housing? Keeping people warm in winter? Science is observable superior to spirituality at improving our lives and far better at revealing objective truth.

Two different natures and two different objectives. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
My experience is all I have, I cannot rely on yours. Also my memory of past events can be incorrect. Did you not receive my link? Oh well here it is again.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
My experience is all I have, I cannot rely on yours.

That would be called a testimony, your objective observations of what you experience. 

Also my memory of past events can be incorrect.

May be so, but we are not talking about faulty memories. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
Also also no I can never be certain that my experience accurately reflects reality but If it does then science is pur best tool for discovering objective truth.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
we are not talking about faulty memories. 

That is impossible to be certain of.
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
Explain why RM's testimony is wrong and yours is right.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@disgusted
I had already asked that. So far no answer.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@secularmerlin
I know I was trying to remind him, he evades incessantly.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
In this case, how will you ever know what is true?? 
He has already admitted he does not know what is true and has no way of finding out what is true.

The absurdity of such a person asking you for evidence is lost on him. The fact is, by his own words he has no logical bases to ask for evidence, and has no logical bases to deny or reject your evidence.

Here is his strategy. If he says he knows nothing for sure, and he does say so, he doesn't have to answer any of your questions. But when it comes to demanding "evidence" from you and rejecting your evidence, suddenly, he knows something.

Don't know why you guys accept only one form of evidence. That is intellectually dishonest.
They know it's dishonest. If they were honest, your side would win the argument because they would not be able to address your evidence. They are materialists, they cannot address your position, thus the subterfuge and dodging.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
I just lit all your strawmen, oops they all went up in a puff of smoke.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
@EtrnlVw
@ethang5
Honestly this whole idea that spirituality is provable if only one is "tuned in to the right frequency" is moving the goal posts. That isn't how proof works. If I set out to demonstrate gravity (a real thing if anything we perceive is real) it doesn't matter what frequency you are on or what you believe the gravity is apparent and it isn't dependent on the personal testimony of others it is directly apparent to all parties. When there is any evidence like that for spirituality I will consider it I promise.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
@EtrnlVw
You still haven't answered my question. Allow me to repeat it for your convenience.

Is there any reason that I should accept your unreliable anecdotal evidence over rational madman's or hari krish's? Is there any reason I should accept yours over the testimony of a scientologist or a self proclaimed alien abductee?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@secularmerlin
Maybe EtrnlVw cares what you'll "consider", I don't. And if you know nothing for sure as you've said you do, your request for evidence is bogus.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@secularmerlin
Do you deny that different states of consciousness have different frequencies?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin

Is there any reason that I should accept your unreliable anecdotal evidence

So you don't come here to discuss topics and ideas and possible experiences people have had? Isn't that why we come here to create topics and discuss them after all? if I had "proof" for every topic I create what would there be to debate or discuss?? but, I do have evidence and that is the testimonial nature of Theism and spirituality including my own, being that which transcends just the physical sense experience.
That is why another type of evidence such as "physical evidence" is discarded, not because God does not exist but because of the very nature of God being "non-physical" or nonmaterial. So we are left with the other side of evidence, which is personal encounters and personal experience. But as I've said before one of the most effective ways to evaluate the evidence for spirituality is through cross referencing, we are not talking about single claims or single experiences but many and each to be examined.

over rational madman's or hari krish's? Is there any reason I should accept yours over the testimony of a scientologist or a self proclaimed alien abductee?

Case by case basis Secular, I would never have you consider something absurd however I will have you consider things outside your current beliefs and knowledge, show me the claim and then we can examine it or better yet create your own topics.
A testimony is something someone has first hand experienced. It is without a doubt a form of evidence just like the things you observe yourself. To deny evidence exists for spirituality or God is 100% dishonest unless someone has no idea what evidence consists of and that they understand the difference between proof and evidence. Do you Sec?
If you don't want to talk to me in this thread in my topic then perhaps you should take a hike? Hari is over at the loony farm you can find him there.