Remember Me? Real Murky memory there... Oh you do? Nice.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 84
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Feel free to listen to this theme tune as you indulge:

I am so sorry for the dull travesty that was Airmax. Let us all take a small moment to bow our heads and mourn how stupid any of us were to consider this corrupt mod out of the shadows that said 'vote me or I ditch you guys'.

Thank you for that moment. Now, is my turn to say sorry for more.

I am sorry DART, I was not the sexy beast the first time around, I was a beta bitch that got toyed with and tossed by Lunatic, Wylted and many others but those 2 spearheaded it from different angles/agendas.

It is time to tell you what the past year taught me and what I have tried to exemplify:

1. I was an idiot to not accept that freedom of speech is important on a website like this. Of course it is, this is the place where the biggest sins should be doxxing or genuine horrific severity to levels we must censor. I did think that part already but I also implied some things that I've changed on. If we cannot harden our metal against pro-scummy ideas (I mean really scummy), we are weak and I see that what people attracted to this place are is unwilling to stay mentally weak. That's where I went wrong, no more pandering to the pansies, if you're in a bad place mentally get the help you need that's alright.
  2. I was wrong that the mods need much balancing. They don't. Whiteflame is actually very evenhanded and under him, other than a random outburst about 'vote corruption' on a debate where I got threatened and a little drama only he and I and the mods know about when I thought he tried to trick me into getting banned, I like the guy's quiet style of moderation.
  3. I don't think Supadudz is that wise or fit to lead the website in the position he is in. I think honestly I am one of the best contenders here to hold my own against the mods, I think I am now at a much better stage in my relationship with whiteflame and barney at the very least to see eye to eye on matters and talk them down on others and reason with users.
  4. I have learned that I don't care if lose.
I don't care if 3Ru7AL runs against me or not. I was going to campaign harder against that user but I will let the posts, activity level and whatever else speak for themselves.

I want the president position for the following agenda and reasons:

• Given my shaky history with previous mods, I am not exactly capable of ever setting foot into the mod realm here or being officially anything. I will always be seen as a flight risk and I am, I speak my mind, I am not super tame and that's fine. I want to prove in an actual official capacity (not even been allowed to be a vote mod or forum mod simple low level, despite asking) so I want to be President as a leg-up. You can cringe at this and say 'yeah put that on your resume' but this website and what it stands for is important to me. I literally want to guide online debating as a passion and whatever else if I can. People are so fucking weak, they stick to those that agree to them and like it, that's fine but it's not where people like us can last. We get pushed aside, alienated and having muzzles on our faces. I want to help you breathe free with me. I want to let the troll in you, the madman/madwoman in each of us to meet the rational scientist and yin-yang ourbrains in a way few activities and hobbies other than debating and reasoning itself can do.
  • Aside from a passionate urge to finally become something special here, I currently have a problem. All new members get to interact with me ASAP (for better or worse). I make sure of it. I doubt most of the noobs know who the hell ilikepie or 3ru7al are and there's a reason for that. I am unique, I have an edge and despite being an introvert, I have a way of making everyone in every avenue here notice me and exchange words and thoughts. Yet, when one is in conflict, when one wants to know the rules, they naturally at always led to the mods. If you didn't know, lazy ass Airmax was supposed to be the liaison, the ambassador of even the mods themselves to the people. The President is meant to be that smiley face who can turn grim just as easily to the mods as to a toxic user and discipline both. If anybody here denies I am the most fit person here to be that guy, they are delusional and deserve an Airmaxv2.
  • I am experienced in all areas of the website. Literally look at the stats on the leaderboard, not just Rating. There is no way other than nepotism and double-standard BS to say I am unworthy to be the gel of the website at least for a year (it actually is a 2-year limit, not 1-year Airmax was just disqualified for being so inept and such).
  • I love this website's concept. I don't care about DART, I sure as hell didn't care about DDO. I am not here to shake hands with Mike that's lost faith with it. I want to be in that special Discord with the mods and lead the forge onwards if things go wrong. I am so not here to dig into the past of DDO, Lunatic forced that last time and I took it hook line and sinker, in fact another member brought it up before that. I am saying, my agenda is very simple; online debating gang above all else, my heart belongs to this like a fucking partial meaning of life. There is something about the idea of this actually succeeding, growing and not having any doxxing, cancel culture and that part of sites like Reddit and Quora hitting us that delights me... What if... It could get medium instead of tiny and avoid that drama fest? We will never know. I want to be the asshole, egotistical and mad as I am, to be officially instated as something so when/if things go to shit, I am there with Barney, Whiteflame, Oro and whoever else thinks I'm a loose cannoned fool to ride it out with them. Imagine this grows one day? Imagine us keeping this tiny joke of a fire burning actually becomes a fucking fiesta?
I never cared about DDO but I miss it too... The activity level, the way you could debate so hardcore and know votes would turn up, at least 2 solid tries if you campaigned for it... That was the shit you guys can't fathom... We've lost the magic here, If not for Mike the guy barely interested to be loyal to his promises to revamp and update the site... This would be gone too.

Vote me or throw your vote away, it's that simple.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Vote RM.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@RationalMadman
Interesting. I'll have to see who else runs before I decide. You would have some value as president because you're a contrarian. Breaking an echo chamber can be good.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@SirAnonymous
If you mean in terms of chats with mods, yes I am definitely good at being that.

If you mean overall, I do not really see that as my primary feature. I think what sets me apart is that I am so intertwined with all parts of the website that there is barely any part of the rules or new userbase I am out of touch with.

Notice that whomever is running against me has not even been active enough to know they had to campaign yet.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't care if 3Ru7AL runs against me or not. I was going to campaign harder against that user but I will let the posts, activity level and whatever else speak for themselves.
And what would such things say?

Notice that whomever is running against me has not even been active enough to know they had to campaign yet.
Anyone in particular? What has changed since last year? Are the platforms different? Has the office for which you seek to run changed at all?

P.S. If you're wondering where 3RU7AL has been, then message him. In all honesty, there hasn't been much going on with the site lately as far as meep discussions or our usual, run-of-the-mill contests over political, religious subjects, and the like. It's easy to stay away for some time. I myself, until today, haven't been active for about three weeks. Your slinging mud at 3RU7AL for the most minuscule of reasons had little to no effect last time; I doubt they'll have much effect this time. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
If someone's too lazy or spineless to show up on time, they cannot say mud was slung at them for noticing it.

When 3RU7AL shows up, I will critique and attack as much as is needed, more so to point out that this user in the past few months has proven time and time again to be ignorant of moderation whether it's vote moderation nuances or forum moderation nuances let along multi-accounting or bot-usage rules that I (yes really me) corrected.

If that user wants to run, let them run. If they can't take the heat, tell them don't run. I couldn't care less why you are preemptively leaping to the defense of the user who hasn't yet set up their campaign. If anything this is you slinging mud at me on that user's behalf.
Athias
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
If someone's too lazy or spineless to show up on time,
On time? Did he miss a dinner date? The campaigning process as I understand it "began" just three days ago. If and when 3RU7AL decides to throw his hat in the race, you will eventually know. (You don't get brownie points for announcing your campaign first.)

they cannot say mud was slung at them for noticing it.
What did you in fact notice? Your own projections and perhaps insecurities--I presume--which you have trouble keeping under a lid? I mean "lazy and spineless" is a bit much, don't you think?

When 3RU7AL shows up, I will critique and attack as much as is needed
Good. Though, I would refrain from "attacking."

more so to point out that this user in the past few months has proven time and time again tobe ignorant of moderation whether it's vote moderation nuances or forum moderation nuances
Please outline the capacity of DART's  president. Because it's been a year, and I believe you still don't understand what it is.

let along multi-accounting or bot-usage rules that I (yes really me) corrected.
Yes, you did Shila a service. I'm sure you'll appreciate her vote.

If that user wants to run, let them run.
Kind of obvious.

If they can't take the heat, tell them don't run.
Do you intend to turn this into a contest over ad hominems? Isn't that what alienated you last time?

I couldn't care less why you are preemptively leaping to the defense
I'm not "preemptively" leaping to his defense. I'm just leaping to his defense because you insinuated that 3RU7AL's qualifications were qualified by his recent inactivity and his alleged "failure" to meet some imaginary deadline in announcing his campaign.

If anything this is you slinging mud at me on that user's behalf.
If you say so.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Literally anyone would be a better President than RM. His “realization” of free speech is a scam and a lie.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@ILikePie5
Go for it yourself if you think you are better.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
On time? Did he miss a dinner date? The campaigning process as I understand it "began" just three days ago. If and when 3RU7AL decides to throw his hat in the race, you will eventually know. (You don't get brownie points for announcing your campaign first.)
Well, I get longer for people to critique me, ask questions and formulate their campaigns as angled against me. So yeah, there are some brownie points in terms of integrity and voter awareness vs being a surprise candidate later.

What did you in fact notice? Your own projections and perhaps insecurities--I presume--which you have trouble keeping under a lid? I mean "lazy and spineless" is a bit much, don't you think?
A person is either lazy, perhaps due to being busy elsewhere they have to be lazier here, or they are afraid. I cannot think of a third reason to hesitate campaigning than sheer negligence which is a brand if laziness.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
Please outline the capacity of DART's  president. Because it's been a year, and I believe you still don't understand what it is.
A person in charge simultaneously of all official site entertainment events for that year as well as in charge of bwing a liaison between mods and at-odds users with the moderation team. A further duty that is optional is to be a noticable face and listener to members who have issues eith users they are not sure they should bother the mods with, this requires them to trust you as a private ear to whisper into and also heed the advice of.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
Do you intend to turn this into a contest over ad hominems? Isn't that what alienated you last time?

Actually that is how Lunatic and Mikal won Airmax the votes. That said, it will never be my strategy for presidency here, I am very easy to represent well in a defensive manner.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Intelligence_06
Go for it yourself if you think you are better.
If no one else throws their hat into the ring, I will.
Athias
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
Why are you responding like you're some politician and I'm some doe-eyed prospect? Let's put our cards on the table shall we? You're attempting to insult 3RU7AL by grasping at whatever defect you can manufacture because 3RU7AL has the best chance to win should he decide to run. He has the best chance to win not only because of the buyer's remorse of those who had voted for Airmax, but also 3RU7AL has cultivated a respectful rapport with many of the members of this DART community--I would presume more so than you. You know this; I know this. And I can only presume that this recent display is an expression of your feeling threatened because as those who've interacted with you can clearly tell, you really covet this office. And there's nothing wrong with that at all. Much less, anything wrong with your running. With that said, those of us who've interacted with you know how you behave when you're not campaigning; and this influences the confidence I, and I presume some others, have in your capacity to carry out the function of this office. You can have all the confidence in the world, but it doesn't mean much without the confidence of those over whom you presume to preside. Nothing has changed since last year: my reasons for supporting 3RU7AL hasn't changed much less your reasons for running.

Only you can dictate how you conduct your campaign. And thus far, all I've seen are attempts to insult potential opponents and your bloviating and overestimating your relationship with the moderators.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
During our exchange you have done nothing but insult and talk to me in a degrading way. If you can't handle me in any shape or form critiquing 3RU7AL failing to show up yet, I don't know what to tell you.

If you aren't so close-minded that you can't open your mind to the prospect to voting me, then you actually are a prospect and if you didn't notice there are others watching. I answer you whether you vote me or not, that is called honest exchange. At this point, I feel I have answered everything you could answer.
Athias
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
During our exchange you have done nothing but insult and talk to me in a degrading way.
Where have I insulted you? (Quote me verbatim.) And I can't control your impressions of my speech. I'm not talking to you in a degrading way, or attempting to talk down to you. In fact, my post just above was my best attempt at conversing with you, "eye to eye," so to speak.

If you can't handle me in any shape or form critiquing 3RU7AL failing to show up yet
My objection is not to your critiquing 3RU7AL; my objection is to your attempts at insulting him. "Lazy and/or spineless" have no place in campaign rhetoric no matter how hard you try to explain away your lexical choices.

I answer you whether you vote me or not, that is called honest exchange. At this point, I feel I have answered everything you could answer.
I haven't had much questions because as I've already stated, little to nothing has changed since last year. I responded in an attempt to defend 3RU7AL, and maintain at least some decorum during this campaign process.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
Where have I insulted you? (Quote me verbatim.) And I can't control your impressions of my speech. I'm not talking to you in a degrading way, or attempting to talk down to you. 

I can only presume that this recent display is an expression of your feeling threatened

but it doesn't mean much without the confidence of those over whom you presume to preside.

your bloviating and overestimating your relationship with the moderators.

On time? Did he miss a dinner date?

You don't get brownie points

Your slinging mud at 3RU7AL for the most minuscule of reasons had little to no effect last time; I doubt they'll have much effect this time. 
while not direct insults, it is very obvious the tone you're talking to me with. You are allowed to talk down to me though, that's not an issue, that's part of what it takes to campaign here. It seems you don't want 3RU7AL to receive the tone and grilling you're giving me, which is inherently hypocritical and that is my point.
Athias
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
while not direct insults,
Those are not insults--not even a little. Even if you hearken back to my presuming your feeling threatened, I admitted to you that I was presuming this based on my assessment of your behavior. I'm having trouble understanding you can deem my responses as insults but not find any insult in calling someone lazy or spineless.

it is very obvious the tone you're talking to me with.
Isn't your measurement of my "tone" just an impression? I have a strict form of speech. Some may glean arrogance or pedantry from it, but nothing could be further from the truth. I can respond a bit sarcastically sometimes, but that's as far as it goes.

You are allowed to talk down to me though
I know, but it doesn't mean that I would.

It seems you don't want 3RU7AL to receive the tone and grilling you're giving me,
What tone and grilling am I giving you? My intention is to have you compete on the merits of your respective positions and not ad hominem arguments, which you--yes you--have instigated. Of course, and this is quite obvious, you don't have to listen to me.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Athias
No use arguing with him. He’s going to lose as long as we don’t split votes.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
@Athias
Okay, so ask me my positions on things then. What have I failed to answer?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
@Barney
@whiteflame
@Sir.Lancelot
@AustinL0926
Do you have any questions?

Who are you thinking of voting and why?
Athias
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
I know your position, and I'm good.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
@K_Michael
@Intelligence_06
@Novice_II
@Public-Choice
As members that enthusiastically use the Debates section, do you have specific questions about how I would act in situations as President?

How about tournament format ideas that have not yet been done, hosted by me officially as President?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
@Greyparrot
@thett3
@Tradesecret
@zedvictor4
As Forums enthusiasts, do you have specific questions for me regarding past or future decisions and calls I would make?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
ill have to do some research into the candidates.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
Unfortunately the other candidate(s) is/are unannounced. 

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@RationalMadman
You're an active, dedicated member of this site, but I'm somewhat concerned about your ability to work well with the moderators, considering some past interactions.

I suppose I would vote for you if the only other choice was 3RU7AL, since he's barely active nowadays - none of us wants another Airmax.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
How do you know about airmax? ;) well maybe you know by the thread about him the mods made but that is still strange as you joined very recently.

The President is a balancing act with the mods, you don't want a president that is going to be a 'yes man' or 'good girl' to the mods. You want someone who is both a thorn in their side when it counts on behalf of users being wrongly or overly punished and yet is also an approachable person.

The other problem is it's a site entertainer hosting official tournaments, events and such and I guarantee you that ilikepie5 or anyone else is not gonna do shit about that half of the job. I will. 
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@RationalMadman
When I join a new community, I always obsessively research that community for a few hours :D

Regarding your point about being a "balancing act" with the mods, I somewhat doubt that you'll be able to do anything too controversial. The president's power is limited to giving recommendations, as well as vetoing permabans (and the vetoes can be overridden by simple majority vote).

I'm more interested in the official tournaments and events you plan to hold. If you can give a compelling and realistic plan for what you will do next year, then you have my (and many other users') votes.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Okay, so ask me my positions on things then. What have I failed to answer?
I know your position. You can posture all you want, but everyone knows you’re volatile and will change your mind in seconds