An Open letter to the MOD team and DART

Author: Wylted

Total: 141
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
It's just how i see it. I think i've made my position on formal debates pretty clear where ever it gets brought up. I just don't like them. No one has to follow my logic or feelings on the matter. But since there is winning and losing involved... i don't fault anyone for using whatever they can to win. Even if it is dishonest. I'm personally very competitive and would do everything in my power to win if i was using that function of this site. So i don't hate on anyone for doing everything they can to win, even if i define it as dishonest. Whatever. That's primarily why i was concerned when i thought being dishonest in debates is a punishable offense... i would have wholeheartedly disagreed with that. Whatever gets you the win in my book is fair game as long as you aren't directly being malicious to the other person. I mean, it sorta does hurt when you lose to that kind of conduct, but in my book... that just makes you stronger. People should know they are getting into something they may lose for whatever reason.  
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I genuinely cannot fathom why half the time it's not a perma ban and why some users get banned for being on the receiving end of abuse.

Just make me head mod, I'll handle this properly. You post fake shit about me PMing you, gone, forever. Until you fucking grovel at my feet, apologise in public and tell everyone it was a lie and that you'll never do it again to another user.

You abuse another user verbally? Banned for flaming and flamebaiting. 2 vios forum-mute, 3 days insta.

You subtly bait another user into flaming in a way that clearly is intentional or if it is accidental is something you need to learn to not do, forum ban, 12 hours if you don't listen to a warning and apologise to the user. Otherwise no punishment. If you are caught non-rudely flamebaiting 3-times in 72 hours, 24 hour mute insta. If you keep at it, your passive aggression won't work, I will catalogue the context and statements to defend myself when accused of corruption later on but silently get rid of you from the site there and then.

People need to learn what real moderation is, this is not fucking America, the mods are not your first-amendment held joke of a government. This is the Internet on a site run by a Russian admin with servers located in UK. There are absolutely laws against hate speech and against targeted non-hate-speech-abuse to a user over and over again. You're just lucky your real name isn't attached or this could result in legal fines, not just bans. You want to run around bullying others, do it on createdebate, they love it there. Go to fucking 4Chan and become cancer to the Internet for all I care. Not on my watch, is all.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Castin
And his punishment was suspension from debate, which was gonna happen no matter what and will still be in effect once his temp ban expires. I don't really consider it groveling to own up to your own lie and admit your mistake, but you can call it whatever you like.

what kind of gay shit is this? y'all really are a pack of Losers
thett3
thett3
-->
@David
The problem here is twofold: (1) disgusting character assassination and (2) attempting to use that assassination for a cheap win. We can’t allow people to cheat in debates like that. 

disgusting character assassination? it was such an obvious and blatant lie that it crossed into trolling territory. should i be banned for falsely accusing the mods of reading my PMs
thett3
thett3
if i wasnt about to debate RM and didnt care about getting banned i would call the moderation team a bunch of faggots

but since i dont wanna get banned and respect authority i would never do that haha, but wouldnt that be wild lol
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
the nastiest PM that bsh has ever sent is like 'go jump off a cliff' or something
Oh, I've said worse stuff in PMs, but only about YYW...lol.

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@bsh1
You’re the type of guy who says the word heck a lot. I can feel it.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Ramshutu
Nope. I say hell, but I do rarely swear.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
Ram and bish were correct. The important factor was that the lie was weaponized in a personal attack of reasonably hefty caliber, and dishonesty in general is not an offense. The lie and the personal attack happened as one event, kinda got referred to as a package, and I honestly should've made it clearer in my mod language, considering. Hindsight, live and learn, yada yada.

Frankly I don't think this was either the vilest thing I've ever seen in debate or a non-event that should've been ignored. Nothing less than solid doxxing or threats would probably get my Vilest Conduct Award, but this was still an obviously dirty blow that crossed the line, easily snags at least a Dishonorable Conduct or something. The mods and I are in agreement there. But even then, let's keep it in perspective. It was one dirty blow in a debate. And I'm not gonna recommend a permaban or long term ban for one dirty blow in a debate. He crossed a line. He was penalized. He will return shortly and be given another chance. That's all.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Ramshutu
This was a bad time to get hit with a snowstorm that knocked out my internet intermittently.

I'll bet 10 pages. Willing to take that bet?
Damn, I would totally have taken this. And won, too. Page 6, one hour before midnight. Who's fabulous. 

Castin
Castin
-->
@bsh1
@ResurgetExFavilla
You can always start an unmoderated debate if you want mods to fuck off and give you some space to get rough. I watch that shit with popcorn.
Most people want mod interaction that covers the basics, like doxxing or threats, without the nannying aspects. But that's not an option.
That true, bish? Seems like something that should be looked into, if so.

So the site is going to lose one of its better, controversial debaters over a dumb, jokey accusation? I could see a temp ban, but a permanent one just seems a bit retarded to me fam.
He wasn't permanently banned from anything.

I tend to like anyone who's stimulated my sense of humor so I'm not personally thrilled I had to bounce him.

Hit or miss is powerful, and it is stirring your memetic potential. Embrace the chaos and you can break free.
Why do you sound like a Sith Lord whispering into my ear. And why am I disturbingly cool with that.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Castin
If you had taken the bet, I gaurentee you it would have been up to 12 pages.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Didn't have to justify it much with me. I agree with your decision. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't for the latter offense at which point i would have started a firestorm of mod hate speech.. yes, even against my queen. You are in the crosshairs now my queen. I'm sorry, but i must... in order for the kingdom to survive, be harsh on you too. But seriously, good decision. I don't think his debating rights should be banned for too long personally, but i agree with the decision overall so whatever you guys do, short of a perm ban, i agree with. 
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin

So the site is going to lose one of its better, controversial debaters over a dumb, jokey accusation? I could see a temp ban, but a permanent one just seems a bit retarded to me fam.
He wasn't permanently banned from anything.

I tend to like anyone who's stimulated my sense of humor so I'm not personally thrilled I had to bounce him.
My bad, I misinterpreted a few early posts.

Hit or miss is powerful, and it is stirring your memetic potential. Embrace the chaos and you can break free.
Why do you sound like a Sith Lord whispering into my ear. And why am I disturbingly cool with that.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
@Ramshutu
Didn't have to justify it much with me. I agree with your decision. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't for the latter offense at which point i would have started a firestorm of mod hate speech.. yes, even against my queen. You are in the crosshairs now my queen. I'm sorry, but i must... in order for the kingdom to survive, be harsh on you too. But seriously, good decision. I don't think his debating rights should be banned for too long personally, but i agree with the decision overall so whatever you guys do, short of a perm ban, i agree with. 
Excuse me but bish is obviously the queen. Where's this "my queen" stuff comin' from. I am like... the court jester in your crosshairs or something. Let's be accurate.

And g'head, flame away. When a fire breaks out I'm more the type to light my cigar on it than grab an extinguisher, anyway. And Wyl only got a week long debate ban.

If you had taken the bet, I gaurentee you it would have been up to 12 pages.
I understand. I've lied to myself before, too.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Excuse me but bish is obviously the queen. Where's this "my queen" stuff comin' from. I am like... the court jester in your crosshairs or something. Let's be accurate. 
Lol oh yeah i forget we have more than one queen on board. I guess you're the good queen and he's is the evil queen of hearts. And Vits Alice... looking for her way out ;p 

Hey, how do you respond to more than one person? What do i have to put in "receivers" for it to work. I've tried @ sign but that doesn't work. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Castin
Excuse me but bish is obviously the queen.
Yasss, honey.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
I was the first user to discover and therefore invent it, even the admin didn't know you could do it until I did because he used a template for this site, so that part he didn't code himself, I'm quite sure.

Commas are your friend. Don't use @. Maximum 5 people.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
@RationalMadman
Let's see... if this works, thanks. 

Edit: Oh, cool... i thought i tried the comma thing, i guess i was using semi-colons. Thanks anyways. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
The message that says "separated by commas" was added after I worked out how to do it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
You're welcome.