Alpha vs. Beta

Author: Outplayz

Total: 40
coal
Debates: 6
coal
This is surprisingly accurate, though important facts and names were omitted.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
My mind is frequently accurate these days. The "surprise" is you realising it. Thanks you alpha 2faced old friend of mine. Maybe rm and yyw end up allied again some day. 
TwoMan
Debates: 0
TwoMan
There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who place everyone into one of two categories and those who don't.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TwoMan
Twoman, do you agree or disagree that you're a Zeta male?
TwoMan
TwoMan
-->
@RationalMadman
I believe that I exhibit traits from almost any category you might mention.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TwoMan
A zeta male is used for men who have rejected the traditional expectations associated with being a man- a provider, defender, and protector. He rejects stereotypes and doesn't conform to traditional beliefs. He marches to the beat of his own drum and refuses to be seduced and shamed by anyone.

The term zeta male first appeared on the Internet in 2010. The appearance of the zeta male in the hierarchy of men has a lot more to do with what is known as Men Going Their Own Way.
TwoMan
TwoMan
-->
@RationalMadman
I would say that a zeta partially describes me. I wouldn't say that I've completely rejected traditional expectations associated with being a man though. I still consider myself a provider and protector.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@TwoMan
I would say that a zeta partially describes me. I wouldn't say that I've completely rejected traditional expectations associated with being a man though. I still consider myself a provider and protector.
Ive mostly financially provided for myself and protected myself.  Occasionally have stepped outside those parameters/bound for family and friends.

Politically Ive stepped outside those bounds/parameter for years.

beta particle = high energy via high speed electron aka ionizing radiation
...damaging to biological tissue

alpha particle = 2 protons and two neutrons as helium aka ioniszing radiation
...damaging to biological tissue----

zeta potential = ..."The zeta potential is a key indicator of the stability of colloidal dispersions.
....The magnitude of the zeta potential indicates the degree of electrostatic repulsion between adjacent, similarly charged particles in a dispersion. For molecules and particles that are small enough, a high zeta potential will confer stability, i.e., the solution or dispersion will resist aggregation."....

coal
Debates: 6
coal
The problem is when beta, or lower status males grow resentful of their place in the hierarchy but nevertheless are given positions of relatively meaningless levels of power and significance, and who then try to assert themselves in passive aggressive ways that wind up hurting the system overall.  A prime example of this would be in bureaucratic or administrative positions.  Suppose you give someone a title or position that's fairly innocuous but it is "more" power than they've held before.  Now, the person who was previously relegated to the status of "accepting what he must" from his superiors has the ability to use his position to hurt others.

An excellent example of how this might manifest would be in selectively enforcing rules.  So, suppose further that a beta male got his chance to punish an alpha with a regulatory sanction, like a suspension from an activity or a fine.  Perhaps other alphas with whom the particular beta in charge do the same thing that one specific alpha with whom the beta-in-power has a problem.  The beta ignores these developments, but nevertheless when the particular alpha does the same thing the beta "enforces" the rules to punish the one alpha who he wishes to seek revenge upon.

Is this fair?  No.  Of course it is not, but this is what beta males do when given power.  
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@coal
An entire bureaucracy comprised of pure alphas would probably work perfectly.