Posters on Marijuana

Author: ethang5

Total: 78
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ebuc
First of all, please point out where I'm clueless. Secondly, how does this have anything to do with morality lol? 

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@WaterPhoenix
You're not a pot-head. That's immoral for some people.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@WaterPhoenix
First of all, please point out where I'm clueless. Secondly, how does this have anything to do with morality lol?
Evidence is pretty much every post youve made at DArt.

That your clueless on morality is not surprising either. Sad :--(
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ebuc
Thank you for restating your point.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ethang5
lol

9 days later

skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@RationalMadman
you get an applause man 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@skittlez09
While you are probably sponsored by (or work for) an energy drink company, I thank you for the applause.

*bows*

skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@RationalMadman
lol you got me bro 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@ethang5
THC Vaping is the killer. Regular vaping is harmful, but not necessarily deadly
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Vader
No one has gotten my approach yet.

Consider this. 
The first time a person smokes, it is an unpleasant experience. The body rejects smoke into the lungs, and one coughs and hacks. Yet, millions did it again and again, enduring the unpleasantness till their bodies were acclimated and addicted to the nicotine.

Why did they do that? It wasn't (at first) for any "high". What powered them was their desire to be cool, to fit in, to please others.

These are people with a fundamental flaw. With a broken esteem system. They feel incomplete. They think they lack something. They are searching for something that makes them feel alive, or something that drowns out the life.

The problem in America is not drugs, but so many people who think they want/need them.

It's even more curious that the populations with the highest standard of living, and the most creature comforts, claim to be the most in pain. Even sub Saharan Africa has fewer suicides than the so called rich countries. Why is that?

Its hard to see the craziness of a culture from the inside, so most replies to this post will only defend the "need" for drugs, never questioning why so many 13 year olds are sniffing glue.

I watched a Palestinian ceremony once where parents of those "martyred" were "appreciated". The occasion was replete with big pictures of each "hero" hung from the rafters, 6 year old boys marching with wooden rifles preparing to themselves be martyred, and adoring fans giving flowers to the proud mothers of the glorified.

Do you think if I told anyone at that gathering that the whole thing was stupidity, they would see it that way? If I said they were glorifying terror and indoctrinating kids into a cult of death, would they understand my meaning? No.

It's the same thing here. Emersed in the culture, most people are unable to raise their heads above the trees. Tell the typical American youth about the insaness of the drug culture and he won't have a clue what you're talking about.

Drugs should not be a problem at all. No one should be taking drugs for fun. That people still are, has nothing to do with drugs. It's culture, and until we address the dumb things in our culture, drugs, (or something else) will plague us.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@ethang5
A few questions:

1) Would you ban medical weed?  If so, how would it be punished?

2) Would you ban recreational weed?  If so, how would it be punished?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Alec
No and no. For the same reason I would not ban sticking a sharp fork into your eye. There is no law against stupidity.

If a person wants to fill their lungs with smoke and alter their brain chemistry with hallucinogens, no law can stop them.

I would not pay for treatment though, and penalties for crimes performed under the influence would be stiff.
skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@ethang5
What's your opinion on LSD and other psychadelics? 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@skittlez09
LSD and other psychedelics are  hallucinogens.

skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@ethang5
Oh my bad lol 

40 days later

skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@RationalMadman
On the other hand, Caffeine, Taurine and energy drinks in general are bastardised by the media. Fucking joke. 

Obviously children die if they overdose on too much Monster drink or Red Bull. Oh my god, of course they will have increased aggression, hyperactivity and all that. That's because they need a few sips but since you ban them having the energy drink in class they gulp it all at once IDIOT SCHOOL SYSTEM FUCK OFF.

Caffeine is proven, undeniably, truly, actually, when combined with Ginseng, Taurine, Glucose and Inositol to gradually increase IQ and creativity over time. The only price you pay is to have to invest in good toothpaste and brush well. Get the fuck over it, this is the future.

Respect to Monster, the Pagan enhancement drink.
This comment may be old, but its criminally underrated bro 

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@skittlez09
I have since cut down my consumption a lot. I was addicted and don't recommend it but I cannot deny it has a benefit to the intellect despite the dental and anxiety-prone harm it causes.

skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@RationalMadman
yeah i completely agree it just varies person by person

rockstar gave me a hella bad trip a few weeks back and since than i always get really anxious and depressed