-->
@Best.Korea
I'm a insufferable realist ahole.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@RationalMadman
So pronouns are replacing genders? What happened, did science have trouble explaining all of them using science?
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
There are only 2. 
Male/Man
Female/Woman
With only two pronoun sets:
He/Him/His
She/Her/Hers

And Gender is not a Social Construct, it is based in biology. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
I would also like to point out that people who identify as non-binary, should identify as it, rather than they, because being non-binary is identifying as neither gender, so they are just an object at that point. 
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Correct. Gender is NOT a “social construct,” it is rooted in the sciences (i.e., biology, physiology, psychology, etc.).

Think of it like a motor conveyance. 
Sex is the make, gender is the model. 

Sex dictates the gender, gender is rooted in the sex. 
They are NOT mutually exclusive biological realities.

Any suggestion or argument otherwise to this fact based reality is pure fictional nonsense. It’s psychological delusion that should be feared, not embraced. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@sadolite
How many are there now?
Apparently, a bunch.  Seems there is this interplay between people not wanting to be excluded, and not wanting to be included, that just proliferates genders.  I'm pretty sure RM invented three new groups of pronouns just since you started this thread,  so there's really no end in sight.

Since the beginning of time, men have not understood women, so my solution is as follows; any time I come across a gender that I don't understand, I'm going to consider that a woman, and to hide the fact that I don't understand,  I'm going to stop using pronouns altogether, and just address everyone as "Hey you".

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
We have gone from trying to understand women, to trying to become them.
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
If Native Americans exist, there are at least 4 genders:
“Traditionally, Native American two-spirit people were male, female, and sometimes intersexed individuals who combined activities of both men and women with traits unique to their status as two-spirit people. In most tribes, they were considered neither men nor women; they occupied a distinct, alternative gender status. In other cases, two-spirit females were referred to with a distinct term and, therefore, constituted a fourth gender” [11].

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Barney
If Native Americans exist, there are at least 4 genders:
“Traditionally, Native American two-spirit people were male, female, and sometimes intersexed individuals who combined activities of both men and women with traits unique to their status as two-spirit people. In most tribes, they were considered neither men nor women; they occupied a distinct, alternative gender status. In other cases, two-spirit females were referred to with a distinct term and, therefore, constituted a fourth gender” [11].

Thats a belief, not based in any fact whatsoever. 
Again, I say that gender is not socially constructed. So just because some Native American people believed in the idea of 4 genders, doesn't make it true. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Sidewalker
I invented nothing in this thread. I know what the alternatives are.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sidewalker
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@RationalMadman
I invented nothing in this thread. I know what the alternatives are.
I know, I looked it up after the post, more often than not I have to go Google something when I read your posts .  I know a lot of new stuff because of you, a lot of it I really didn't want to know (ie. these new pronouns).   I was blissfully ignorant of Ze/zim/zeirs, fortunately I still don't know what they mean.

Barney
Barney
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I say that gender is not socially constructed
And which English dictionary informs your opinion?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sidewalker
That's one of the weird complimentary insults I have ever gotten.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
You know there's only two Mr S.

You're just s**t stirring the gender pot again.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Barney
The Oxford Dictionary. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
Guilty as charged. Its just so fascinating to watch otherwise intelligent people defend the absurd. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
LOL.

Have a nice day.

Barney
Barney
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Do you mean the following?
The state of being male or female as expressed by social or cultural distinctions and differences, rather than biological ones; the collective attributes or traits associated with a particular sex, or determined as a result of one's sex. Also: a (male or female) group characterized in this way.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Barney
Yes. But that definition doesn't say that gender is a social construct, rather, it says that gender roles are socially constructed, but that doesn't make gender itself, socially constructed. 
Barney
Barney
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
expressed by social or cultural distinctions and differences, rather than biological ones

And that's not even getting into the fact that peoples sex isn't always male or female.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Barney
And that's not even getting into the fact that peoples sex isn't always male or female.
Yes, it its. And intersex people do not count, because even with the intersex community, there are biological factors and chromosomal factors that can determine if the intersex person is male or female.

Plus, the intersex community, only makes up .018% of the population, so for some people to base the idea, that there are more than two sexes, on intersex people is stupid.

It would be the same as me saying:
Certain people are born without arms. Therefore, human autonomy can vary from two arms to one arm. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Barney
state of being male or female as expressed by social or cultural distinctions and differences,
It is the expression of the state of being male or female, based on your biological sex. 
Barney
Barney
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yes, it its. And intersex people do not count, because even with the intersex community, there are biological factors and chromosomal factors that can determine if the intersex person is male or female.
Male = XY, Female = XX, and yet there's also XXY, XYY, XXYY, etc.

So tell me, is XXYY a man or a woman?

Plus, the intersex community, only makes up .018% of the population, so for some people to base the idea, that there are more than two sexes, on intersex people is stupid.
Rare doesn't mean non-existent. You might as well say it's absolutely impossible for dogs to bite, since it only rarely happens.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Barney
There's no reasonable comparison to be made between a biting dog and a human developmental anomaly.

Intersexual anomalies occur rarely, whereas dogs bite normally and more frequently than you give them credit for.

Which is not to say that environmental influences will not increase the frequency of such anomalies to a point of normalization.

After all, we must consider the reality of everything relative to evolutionary processes.

Nonetheless, a man is a man and a woman is a woman. Though words are easily manipulated to suit a purpose.

And transsexual identities are a recent socio-psychological development, relative to changing social ideas and influences.

Whether or not this will lead to a permanent modification of human physical and biological structure, remains to be seen.

Though it's fair to say that the concept will probably evolve for as long as it is allowed to.

Though concepts are easily reversible, if social change and pressure dictate.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Barney
So tell me, is XXYY a man or a woman?
48,XXYY syndrome results from the presence of an extra copy of both sex chromosomes in each of a male's cells"
So, a man. 

Rare doesn't mean non-existent. You might as well say it's absolutely impossible for dogs to bite, since it only rarely happens.
Like I said," It would be the same as me saying:
Certain people are born without arms. Therefore, human autonomy can vary from two arms to one arm."

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Soooo one can be tricked into homosexual sex.

Is it illegal to " trick"   people into homosexual sex.?