A Summary of the Moderation Drama

Author: Mharman

Total: 43
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
Soooo, basically.....

-Wylted is losing a debate against Bsh1 and then accuses him of saying nasty things to him in a PM.

-Castin evaluates the evidence as a third party and concludes that Wylted is lying.

-Wylted refuses to apologize for lying and receives and 3-day ban.

-Others (Polytheist_Witch, ethang5, thett3, others) who have distrusted the Mod Team after previous dramas (RationalMadman's allegations of elo ranking bias, Mike propaganda jokes about the new announcement features) take Wylted's side.

-RationalMadman takes the Mods' side despite previous run-ins with them (I assume he realizes he was initially wrong about the mods).

-Other members also take the mods' side (including SupaDudz, Outplayz, me, and others).

-DrChristineFord (likely a troll account) accuses the mods of gambling

-SupaDudz picks this up, not realizing its falsehood.

-People explain it's false.

-The anti-mod crowd show up to the thread (including Wylted, who's 3-day ban is over).

-The drama ensues once again.

Where are we at now?

-Thett3 continues to fan the flames.

-RationalMadman continues to defend the mods.

-Bsh1 defends himself.

-Mike defends his mod team.

-Outplayz explains to SupaDudz that DrChristineFord was a troll account.

-SupaDudz understands now that it was a troll and the mods aren't gambling.

-Polytheistic_Witch calls Outplayz disgusting for defending Bsh1, she also lashes out against anyone who dares speak to her.

-Drafterman pops in to quickly give support to the mods.

-ResurgetExFavillla does NOT like RationalMadman, and attacks him for defending the mods.

-Ethang5 still does not trust the mods.

-Castin jokes about the situation.

-Wylted defends Mike but attacks Bsh1.

-I take the mods' side in previous posts and in making this thread.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Mharman
-Drafterman pops in to quickly give support to the mods.
I object to this vile slander.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@drafterman
lol
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
i assumed it was. idk who that person was and just assumed
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Mharman
I teased RM for being a coward, sycophant (albeit an incompetent one), and crybully, after which he launched a long string of impotent personal attacks at me. I myself was pretty moderate on the moderation action in this particular case, and my little tiff with RM had little to do with his support of them. I teased you as well, but we didn't get into any sort of real fight because you didn't respond like an autistic nine year old.
Vader
Vader
i think gambling on a person is morally incorrect unless related to sports, so that's why i picked up on it
Vader
Vader
thank you for the summary of wylted v bsh1

that is a fight i would pay to see more than KSI vs Deji
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@bsh1
Stop abusing the fact that people can't block mods to reply to them in comments and PM them.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@drafterman
If you're willing to @ me on your own initiative, then your objection strikes me as entirely hollow, if not outright ridiculous. Nevertheless, I will try to remember not to tag you going forward.

Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@bsh1
Complete and utter bullshit for three reasons.

1. The way the blocking mechanism works on this site is one-way. Blocking someone only prevents them from mentioning and PMing you, it doesn't stop you from mentioning or PMing them. So even if it was working as designed, it wouldn't stop me. The idea that a person mentioning another somehow invalidates their block is fucking nonsense.
2. Making mods unblockable has valid reasons (namely to ensure that moderation actions can proceed unimpeded). That necessarily carries with it the double-edged sword that they should be accessible to be contacted by anyone for moderation reasons. This latter is apparently not implemented (given that you blocked Wylted). The idea that I should not be able to contact a mod for a mod related reason (namely that a mod is abusing this feature to PM and mention users for non-mod reasons) is again, fucking nonsense.
3. Lastly, I @'d you after you @'d me inappropriately. I did so to call your attention to this, since it the second time you've circumvented my block on you to contact me for non-mod related reasons. It apparently didn't penetrate your thick fucking skull the first time, and it apparently didn't penetrate it the second time since you're still @'ing me.

Do not PM me. Do not @ me.
bsh1
bsh1
Yeah, Drafter, so much of that is utter nonsense, but I'm not going to get in to any more with you given the tenor of your response. As I said above, I "will try to remember not to tag you going forward." That should be sufficient. I do, agree, however, with your comments about Wylted, so he has been unblocked, and Virt and I will no longer block users.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Quality posts like this make the site what it is.  

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Please permaban all bullies of you and I.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@drafterman
Ok well nevermind then.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
"RM is breaking out the kneepads today."

Isn't that attacking him for supporting the mods?

Explain to me how it isn't.
drafterman
drafterman
As I said above, I "will try to remember not to tag you going forward." That should be sufficient.
It might be, if you werent fucking mentioning me in the very same post.
bsh1
bsh1
It might be, if you werent fucking mentioning me in the very same post.
The block feature does nothing to prohibit mentions. I will not be circumventing the features that a block feature would normally allow you to exercise, per your request. That means neither tagging nor PMing you, except if moderation needs urgently require that I do, and no other mod is available.

drafterman
drafterman
Tagging = @ing = mention. It all means the same thing. And blocking most certainly prevents people from doing that.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
It does completely stop the ability to mention the other party actually.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
Really? I did not know that. I will ask Mike, and confirm. I simply thought in prevented tagging other users. It certainly wouldn't stop me calling him "Drafter" in the text of a post like this, and, thus, doing so is not circumventing the feature.
drafterman
drafterman
Jesus fucking Christ. The head mod doesn't even know how the site works. It hardly be a block feature if it didn't block anyone!

bsh1
bsh1
Actually, I do. It blocks tags and PMs. I was not aware that a block prevented me from saying "Drafter" in the text of a post like I just did. I still don't believe it prevents that. Perhaps you could read more closely what I write, to accurately represent what I say.
drafterman
drafterman
What in the actual fuck are you talking about? I didn't say anything about writing my name in the body of your text.

When you place someone in the "receivers", you @ then, or click "reply" That is a mention.

You know how you can tell? Because the fucking notification you get says that they "mentioned" you. In the linked post in my previous post, the site owner himself calls them "mentions":

1) Now the profile blocks work not only for PMs but for forum post mentions as well
Get your head out of your ass.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Mharman
No, more poking fun of the specific way that he was behaving (portraying himself as a tough rebel, but falling over backwards to suck up to moderation, going around threatening people and saying rude shit to them and then crying to moderation that he's being 'bullied' when someone gives him any flak in return).
bsh1
bsh1
What in the actual fuck are you talking about?
Then we simply miscommunicated. It happens.

drafterman
drafterman
I communicated just fine. Others knew what the fuck i was talking about.
bsh1
bsh1
*sigh*

TheHammer
TheHammer
-->
@bsh1
*sigh*
Why is this necessary?

TheHammer
TheHammer
That's what bothered me most about the original post he tagged drafter in. It was a literal nothing post. He said "Lol" and that's it. There was no substance, there was no post, it was just tagging drafter.