Admitting my flaws, congratulating my strengths. Getting BANNED...

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 42
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Very well. You will be banned tomorrow, sometime between 9:00pm and 11:59pm, EST. Consider this your advanced notice, so no advanced notice will be forthcoming the day of the ban. The ban will last two days.

You want to say goodbye for a 2 day ban? I mean, sure, go ahead.

- Kaiser Bsh1.

How did I get that 24 hour delay? How am I not permabanned? Why am I showing off or happy if I'm banned. Reasons behind my methods will always remain idiotic and cryptic to most, if not all. I'm a madman who may as well be locked in an asylum as far as some of you are concerned.

I will spit the truth here and now, listen or not, your loss either way:

What you see before you, no doubt seems retarded,
As DDO was dying you thought RM had long-departed,
Some of you saw me here like 'wait a minute, you're an OG here? I thought that you just started.'
Even as I returned I learned that burns mar a rep permanent long after the scars hurt,
The thing is I could wing it as a safe-playing bitch,
Live every day like I'm already in a ditch,
Piss no-one off, act overly-reformed, fight no foe, neither rebel nor snitch,
But what the fuck do you all know about the younger me and the long-lost wish,
That some day this minnow would be preyin' on fish,
That I'd slay all the sharks, lead the dolphins on a mission, wasn't winning competitions it was bein' brilliant and resilient,
It was helping the whole police force more than they'd ask of a general civilian,
I've seen corruption on sites, Moderation teams you'd conclude were Sicilian,
I've seen lax mods, crack-snorting lapse-in-judgement scat mods,
I've seen users pledge allegiance, snitch on no one, threatened-with-bans-just-to-turn-'em-into-rat mods
I've seen white-knight polite, sycophant lost souls, weak-back mods,
Seen the envy in the dark-knight ban me just because I'm back mods,
Seen the tyrants blaring sirens just to make the people have their back mods,
I just said 'back mods' three times and it's still skilled as fuck; that rational-madman gambler faking fear, you go all-in up against my full-house; whack odds.

Honestly, I don't regret the shit I stirred on this site,
I'm a Sith in the night, in the day a Jedi Knight,
I harness the darkness, bring out the worst in the scum,
I'm the troll who out-trolled the anti-troll-troll of DDO, think of the levels that I'm on, bitch run,
You don't know 'bout the history, only know official stories,
I could sit here having not inspired many of the updates, the block button been a whore to the mods as those that abhor me love to call me,
Instead I am a rebel, a highly-disciplined devil, I'm not asking for glory, don't applaud me or award medals,
Just gimme #1 debater, as I invert a gangbang and fuck all of my haters,
I dirtied myself for the right amount and right reasons, so Vader,
Come again and choke-hold me, I'll eat you for dinner later,
Take that as kinky because threats are outlawed and what-not,
But understand the kingpin of exposing threats to the site by taking them on's coming in hot,
So if I end up eventually permabanned, I'll admit I suck and my rep should rot,
But if not I played it perfect, as risky as a justifiably rational-playstyle coulda got,
I will never be a simpleton and never be a bot,
I'm the one to bring the kneedpads out and BITE OFF A MOD's COCK,
So before you think you know my thinking, think you're a Pimp to this itty bitty thot,
You better put in the work, 'cause when it comes to endurance I'm the nitty gritty God.
TheHammer
Debates: 0
TheHammer
And to be clear, you think Kanye's a bad rapper?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheHammer
To be clear, no. I know he is.
Raltar
Debates: 4
Raltar
Unrelated fun fact; Kayne West is the only man on earth to be called a "Jackass" by TWO sitting U.S. Presidents, one from each major party.

On topic; Sorry to hear about another bad moderator decision on this site. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Raltar
Honestly I am happy with this ban in net-benefit to the site and many chain reaction things happening with mods harshening in a fair manner.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Raltar
Sorry to hear about another bad moderator decision on this site. 
The decision was commensurate with the voluminousness of the transgressions, which occurred after more than a dozen warnings. If anything, a 2-day ban is lenient. Actions like threatening other members and making numerous personal attacks over the course of months call for moderator action. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
bsh1, this is a complete lie. You have only warned me one single time about one specific Mafia game.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Reminding people of rules and telling them they will be punished is undeniably the right thing to do if they are breaking the rules, I cannot fathom why it's not.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
Would you like me to quote each warning I have ever given you? I am happy to do that.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
Reminding people of rules and telling them they will be punished is undeniably the right thing to do if they are breaking the rules, I cannot fathom why it's not.
I agree.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Yes quote each and every time you cry about me letting people know the rules and punishments of the site.

You want to 'not be a weapon' as your justification. Then you are a heavier-hitting unforeseen weapon indeed if there's no warning. No idea what kind of system of justice this is.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
In any country, threatening people with prosecution is actually seen as the kinder thing to do than to blindside-sue them.

This is simply about facts of morality and legality.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Raltar
Ultimately, the danger of passing judgement on mod decisions is that users lack context, and given that I don't own the privacy rights to the PMs I have with users, I cannot unilaterally provide that context. In the case of RM, who chose to quote from the PM, giving me some leeway to speak and quote myself, the process leading to a ban was literally months in the works, and came after only several very thorough discussions and warnings. Dozens of reports were filed, analyzed, and addressed, and many factored into this decision. Believe me when I say this decision was not reached rashly or without giving RM ample opportunity to reform and to defend himself against the accusations made by the reporters.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
You gave me a list of 12 things at once. I don't understand what you call gradual.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
It's actually quite disgusting what you're doing with the [redacted] case vs me. It's truly immoral that I'm the one being punished.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Have you noticed how 100% of my enemies on the site are bullies who would prey on others if I didn't make myself the target? Do you even understand how sociopathic the entire site has been until your recent 'kicking in' of being a healthily harsh and active mod?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Deep down I want you to make a list of absolutely everyone who has filed reports against me and soul-search in yourself if it's a coincidence that all of them are actively sadistic to me and others verbally at any given chance. One loves to post pop-corn gif's as people break out tearing at one another.

This kind of culture is something I am the only reason hasn't succeeded in plaguing the site, I got 0 shame for my reasonably rebellious means of handling such toxic members.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh, you were certainly warned multiple times. Below is a smattering of those warnings, though other warnings were also issued about call out threads and personal attacks, among other things. I post these just to remind you that you were warned against (a) making personal attacks and (b) against making threats, which were the main motivating factors for your ban.

09.24.2018 01:57PM
You may absolutely never, for any reason, call another member an "emoji spewing cunt I am sick of you @ing me." This is the paradigm of a personal attack. This is a warning/reminder to conform to the site's COC.

09.24.2018 06:11PM
Nevertheless, it is not permissible to respond to personal attacks with personal attacks. The COC requires you to either take the higher ground or to say nothing at all.
11.04.2018 12:31AM
So, I will be talking to [redacted] momentarily, now that I have had a chance to review the reported comments. However, I must remind you not to threaten other users with moderator action.

11.04.2018 12:34AM
Threatening other users with moderation action is a violation of the COC.

11.12.2018 02:24PM
Also, please stop telling people left and right that their actions violate the COC and that mods will do something about their conduct if they keep it up.

11.14.2018 03:08AM
RM, you repeatedly held moderation over his head in a way that was reasonably considered threatening. Mods are not your personal enforcers, and it is best not to cite us in reference to punishing other members.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Only one single of those warnings was an actual thing I said being abusive and was in the Mafia game I referred to. The site was about to collapse, you don't even know how much you are indebted to me. I have brought more users here than all other users combined except for that schoolkid batch. Raltar, yeshuabought, Castin and many others I have consoled and helped through tough times here and castin has returned the favor. There are users who quit this, such as type1, because he was tired of how he kept getting told to not poke fun or abuse while others he saw could freely do so in the forums. You don't understand how much I have done out of sheer love for this community and debating. I want a legit debating shrine where we love one another and nurture each noob to become a stellar thinker, debater and member of society. I will die trying this even if I end up permabanned here. I will try my level best with debate island but, as Wylted threatened you in that comments section and I genuinely mean, I'll eventually have enough spare cash to properly run a site like this with genuine advertising and legal action against repeat internet trespassers to the site. I will do it eventually if this community and DI don't evolve into a proper debating community. I don't care what you threaten me with or think I am scared shit of losing. I am not a coward to you as people think but I admit when someone is trying their best. You are a far better human being and mod than Max ever was or will be. Stop modelling yourself against him as your benchmark. I say things, you argue, ten days later you end up banning the guy I argued to ban or severely realising I told what was to come accurately. You can keep thinking I am your enemy if you want. I am happy to become that if need be. I will compete with this site and outdo you when and if I have the money and if you treat me like a piece of dirt despite all my heartfelt effort and passion to make this as good as it can be.

I'll stop threatening users, I'll start snitching in silence. I understand now this is what you want but this time please actually do something. Cheers.

Raltar
Debates: 4
Raltar
-->
@bsh1
Why am I still being tagged in this discussion? I never asked you to explain your decision, nor did I ever give any indication that I was seeking any kind of response from you at all. 

In fact, I'm going to follow Drafterman's lead on this and ask that you discontinue any further attempts to needlessly tag me in your content. 

You are doing a great job alienating users of this site. Keep up the good work.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
"You may absolutely never, for any reason, call another member an 'emoji spewing cunt I am sick of you @ing me.'"

LOL good stuff RM. This made me smile.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
How was the rap in your opinion?
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
I thought the rap was awesome man.
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@Raltar
"Bad moderator decision"

Delightful to know you are well informed of both parties and have an impartial opinion on the matter. Why can't you be daddy mod?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Not everyone seeks power quite the same way or with the same ferocity.

Raltar is absolutely entitled to speak his mind and be considered informed on this matter regardless of his ranking.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Raltar
Why am I still being tagged in this discussion? I never asked you to explain your decision, nor did I ever give any indication that I was seeking any kind of response from you at all. 
In a conversation on a forum, there is generally not a need to indicate that you desire a response, because forums work by people replying to other people who post in a thread. You expressed a concern, and I replied, like any normal user might do in any normal conversation. Replying to people who post is literally how the forums work. I have always tried to treat you with respect, both in public and private.

That said, this will be the last time I tag you, per your request.
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
Correct, and I am not insinuating that he is or should be disentitled to an opinion. However, as a stakeholder, I can have a say in what I think is a reasonable opinion and what's not. He or you may have different perspectives, and that is fine. My word is not disassembling other opinions. I am mortal.

SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@bsh1
*joins the forum discussion by posting his opinion on a moderation decision

*moans and says to stop tagging him when you explain the decision to him

Some people on here are pretty funny. Whether or not that's intentional, who knows. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
All of this is about him talking about moderation action... really? I think this is a successful appeal. It sounds like he had good intentions in what he did. Except for the clear violations... i thought they're funny, but i guess the person it was directed to didn't... so not cool. But simply telling people they will get in trouble by mods if they continue shouldn't be against the rules. It's like saying, "Don't tell that person not to steal bc threatening police response isn't cool." It makes no sense. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Outplayz
Some of the threats were more along the lines of "don't mess with me or I will get moderation to do some nasty thing to you." That's clearly a threat, and more than just generally saying "doing nasty things could get you in trouble with the mods." But, the ban has a combination of motivating factors, including several personal attacks. Hopefully that makes sense.