The Cloud

Author: sadolite

Total: 12
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
There is no cloud, its just someone else's computer that you give permission to store and access your personal information on. Am I wrong?
badger
badger
Duh. Did you think it was an actual cloud?
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@badger
I thought we got internet from the air. My phone is not plugged in and I am getting internet. . If it isn't stored in a cloud, where am I getting it from?
badger
badger
Somebody did a whole bunch of impressive maths and put up antennae and, like magic, internet.

Also 5g means the antenna aim the beam at you and I could buy that it causes cancer.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I thought we got internet from the air. My phone is not plugged in and I am getting internet. . If it isn't stored in a cloud, where am I getting it from?

Air = ..." The air in Earth’s atmosphere is made up of approximately 78 percent nitrogen and 21 percent oxygen. Air also has small amounts of lots of other gases, too, such as carbon dioxide, neon, and hydrogen."... LINK

EMRadiation micro-wave frequencies pass through the air.  Micro-wave create heat ergo, micro-wave close to infra-read frequencies. On cold night stick your phone next to your nuts to keep them warm. Yes?

Tho heat kills sperm, so careful there. Wife or girl friend may want that sperm.  Some want to get pregnant, most just dont get enough sex education, and that should start long before 18 years of age
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ebuc
Tho heat kills sperm, so careful there. Wife or girl friend may want that sperm. Some want to get pregnant, most just dont get enough sex education, and that should start long before 18 years of age
I have no use for sperm anyway 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@badger
I don't think there is an actual cloud, just wondering why people think "the cloud" is a secure place to store  information. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Always consider the source:  9 Proven Benifits of Semen

..." Antianxiety

Semen contains mood-enhancing compounds like oxytocinprogesteroneestrone, serotonin, and melatoninOxytocin is also known as the “cuddle hormone” because, when released, it makes people feel more affectionate and connected. Progesterone has been shown to have anti-anxiety characteristics. Estrone piggybacks on serotonin to help enhance moods, and melatonin helps relaxation occur. "...

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Internet, by its working mechanisms, works without any clouds, obviously.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
It's an interesting evolutionary development for sure.

And we're just mushy blobs of organic goo.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
"cloud" is actually a term that comes from technical detail of networks. If you check some computer net diagrams, every remote network like.internet has been always represented graphically as a cloud, so thats why we call it cloud.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@sadolite
I don't think there is an actual cloud, just wondering why people think "the cloud" is a secure place to store  information. 
Generally speaking, it's less about security and more about resiliency. If I'm working on a Google Docs that syncs to "the cloud," then I can access that file from any computer, and even if something happens to my home computer like a virus or corrupted hard drive, my work isn't completely lost. There are definitely versions of "the cloud" that aren't secure, but in general, big company options like Google Drive or Onedrive are encrypted. If you wanted to be extra safe, you could always encrypt the file yourself before uploading it. That being said, Windows already logs your keystrokes as a default setting, so encryption isn't exactly the most important step in privacy and security.