+++Presidential Update+++ 1/52

Author: PREZ-HILTON

Total: 160
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON

Current Progress and Updates

The rough start is behind us, and I appreciate you folks hanging in there while things got sorted out. Here is a few things I have been working on this week.

1. Asked Ragnar to unban a controversial member, he humored me by doing so. This is a strong sign the mods will be willing to work with me in the future as well., and I appreciate their effort to do so.

2. assigned Austin to a project involving altering the current ELO system. As soon as he personally writes out the math he wants to use, followed up by the pseudo code that will make implementing the change easy, we will be writing a meep to see if the community wants to use the new ELO system and if so, do they want to alter it any to make everyone, reasonably happy. feel free to message austin to learn more about his proposal.

3. Worked with Ramshutu to develop a zoomed out overarching plan to increase site traffic, to be shared possibly next week.

4. Assigned RM to be a neutral 3rd party to award the $25 gift card to a member who voted for me, and $50 to one person from the total pool of voters, as soon as he draws those names out of the hat, me or him will announce it publicly. 

5. Began Hashing out the 3 phase plan, the site will be working on for the next year.

----------------------------------------------

The 3 Phase Plan (you guys will need to suggest a name or we stick with this name)

There is a lot of site members who seem interested in doing the 3 following things.

1. Grow the site's user base
2. monetize the site so that Mike doesn't abandon us. (PTSD from DDO, I guess)
3. Make the site welcoming to a more diverse range of opinions. 

I personally have bigger plans than this, and want to invite every one of you to join me, but if your plans are merely to grow the site in a positive way, that's great and your needs will be met as well.

As far as growing the user base, and having a more diverse range of opinions are concerned, I will help you there. I see monetizing the site as Mike's problem, not ours. However I do have a plan that will immediately get him $500 a month towards the site if he is interested, and it doesn't involve ads. 

This will be expanded on later, but if anybody wants to help accomplish both 1 and 3 above, they can start by engaging in a bit of epistemological humility and refusing to engage with both trolls and low brow material. 

Purpose of Debate

Just a few months ago, if you asked me the purpose of debate, I would have told you that it was just to win, a competitive outlet. Sure that's a part of it, but I think it can be so much bigger. We are aiming too low here. You all have the opportunity and privilege to change the world if you come along on this journey with me.

There are other communities currently changing the world, and that can be us as well. It will be us. Read this article https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/05/palestinian-israeli-clubhouse-conversation.html

It's about a bunch of Israeli and Palestinians citizens coming together just to talk, and bridge their differences. The chats help them see each other as humans and victims as well. These people and over 100,000 have been in that room are making real impacts by pressuring their respective governments for peace. 

We can do something like that on this site. we can create a more peaceful understanding world. A safer world. Everyone here right now, can look back and smile a year from now, knowing the world was a better place, because they joined an obscure debate site. 

This is why freedom of speech here is so important. If you get a lot of threads from white males questioning the lived experiences of African Americans, the correct response is not to ban them for hate speech. The correct response is to reach out to members of the black community to come in here and interact with those people. Right now we have a bunch of males on the site debating abortion. I don't know about you guys, but I think women need to be a part of that debate, particularly if they have been in some tough situations where they felt the need to get an abortion. 

If you want a more understanding world, than we have to open ourselves up to having a wider array of people and ideals to engage with. 

I don't want more people here just for the sake of having more people here. I want more types of people. I would love to see a fat acceptance person, debating somebody like David Goggins, or a Russian soldier debating a Ukranian citizen or any number of people who can learn a lot from each other. I invite you all to join me in this fight for the future of mankind.

The Plan

Anyone who wants is free to contribute to this plan, and right now I am only going to give a brief overview and the details will come out slowly over the next few months. The plans will belong in a living document, that changes constantly, but the general framework is written in stone.

The plan consists of 3 phases. Phase one is preparing the site for the influx of people through voluntary shifts in culture, moderation and systems and should last 60-90 days .  Phase two is the process of bringing new members to the site. Phase two is slit up into two stages. Stage one is to bring serious debaters on the site and populate it with other interested people. Stage two is of this phase will involve bringing together disparate groups of people, simultaneously to balance each other out. This phase will last 10-11 months. Phase three is about putting systems in place so the site does the above things on autopilot.

Phase one

This is the main focus for the following two months, and I could really use some help in accomplishing these goals. Here is the focus on phase 3 most of which is to make sure the uptick in traffic doesn't overwhelm the site and destroy it.

1. Create a meep for a complete overhaul of moderation policies to ensure that the mods are not overwhelmed by too much work if we randomly get 200 new members tomorrow. 

2. creating systems for the moderators so they can do more work in the exact same amount of time or less time than they do currently while handling a much larger work flow,

3. Overhaul the election process. We never want to go that long without a winner again, so remove the ability of mods to vote unless as a tie breaker. I suspect this would have made the process of determining a winner, both faster and easier. Make it so accounts must be 3 months old to vote to avoid gaming of the system. remove limitations that prevent candidates from making their case, which in and of itself excites people and increases engagement and retention of members who typically fly under the radar.

4. Discourage the practice of mods justifying decisions and also the sites culture of transparency, which leads to unnecessary disputes and time wasting activities of explaining things too much. You have the mod logs as to what decisions were made, you don't need to know anything else.

5. reduce the power of the presidency to begin at the end of my term. We don't need presidents having access to private mod chats, they can ask the reasonings behind decisions in separate PMs. 

6. After all the meeps needed to accomplish phase one are completed than we have a final meep to eliminate the meep process. It's stupid time wasting process and has harmed the site. these things like transparency and mob rule sound good on paper, but it is harming the site, and I will push back.

7. Create a Dart university to train interested members in the culture of the site, such as critical thinking skills, debating skills, fallacies etc.

Phase 2

This is just a brief overview. as the time approaches we will go into more details, but I am still smoothing out the edges of this with Ramshutu and I believe Mr.Chris is okay with me including him in the process, we will also be pulling things from Airmax's prior plan. 

essentially stage 1 of this process will involve the following things.

1. Targeting small influencers on tiktok. youtube, twitch etc. who enjoy debating people to come onto the site and make it happen, drawing in all of their followers. Ramshutu suggested globeymcglobeface as a potential target for example and many others. There are hundreds of influencers like that who are willing to debate

2. lots of e-mails to school debaters, coaches aficionados etc. as well as snail mail, cold calls etc,

And many other things involving social media, journalists etc, that are still being fleshed out. I am also trying to organize this in a way where it can be done with minimal work on my part, because this has to be sustainable. Ramshutu has already began work on Twitter and other social media platforms and though we aren't ready for this completely yet, you may see some early indications of what is to come shortly. I have talked to Lancelot and he has a large social media following he is going to pitch to soon as well. 

stage 2

This stage of phase two is going to be the part that brings us world peace. This is when we really start going hard after a wide variety, and diversity of opinions and doing so with paid ads, provocative ads that piss the respective sides off enough to draw them here to debate each other. I will have to take one of the hundred ideals in my head and use it to devise a way to recoup the ad money though. 

Phase 3

This is the stage where we do what is known as our exit plan. This requires creating systems that feed this funnel of people and is  run on autopilot. 

Final Notes

Anyway, this is the shell of the living plan which is mostly on handwritten notes, that I will be transferring to a document when I get time. My only concerns are overwhelming the site, before it's ready for the cultural and systems shift needed for handling the influx of people. 

Currently I am looking hard for people that can help me flesh out the rest of the phase one portion of the plan which must be completely done by April 1st. You guys have a good week, I am mainly going to just be stopping in on Sundays to give you these updates, and I look forward to working with some of you on phase one. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I am not a neutral third party
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Wylted
Ngl, I'm moderately impressed.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
I am most impressed that the sole campaign promise other than gift cards, of taking a months hiatus, made during the election, he failed to deliver on.

Some of us contributed hard to the website for years, others posted vile crap and ditched it in bursts and only cared when they got undue power.

People wonder why I am salty. All I will tell you is this:

Marathon, not a sprint.
Track record.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
Currently I am looking hard for people that can help me flesh out the rest of the phase one portion of the plan which must be completely done by April 1st.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
Ramshutu suggested globeymcglobeface as a potential target for example and many others. There are hundreds of influencers like that who are willing to debate

2. lots of e-mails to school debaters, coaches aficionados etc. as well as snail mail, cold calls etc,

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
5. reduce the power of the presidency to begin at the end of my term. We don't need presidents having access to private mod chats, they can ask the reasonings behind decisions in separate PMs. 

6. After all the meeps needed to accomplish phase one are completed than we have a final meep to eliminate the meep process. It's stupid time wasting process and has harmed the site. these things like transparency and mob rule sound good on paper, but it is harming the site, and I will push back.

🤣
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
4. Discourage the practice of mods justifying decisions and also the sites culture of transparency, which leads to unnecessary disputes and time wasting activities of explaining things too much. You have the mod logs as to what decisions were made, you don't need to know anything else.
Mod logs were ignored until RM pointed out that like 4 bans or uch had happened and not been logged, in like august to sep last year I began to notice it.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Perhaps building a wall would be a good plan.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
assigned Austin to a project involving altering the current ELO system. As soon as he personally writes out the math he wants to use, followed up by the pseudo code that will make implementing the change easy, we will be writing a meep to see if the community wants to use the new ELO system and if so, do they want to alter it any to make everyone, reasonably happy. feel free to message austin to learn more about his proposal.
He literally took credit for your work
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Is this satire mocking airmax or mocking me?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
3. Make the site welcoming to a more diverse range of opinions.
This site does not systematically shut itself from an opinion, unless it is offensive to people(for example, doxxing a user here harmfully). We had people making debates about why Hitler was not a racist and why pedophilia is justified, and they were proven wrong in the debate, not having the debates revoked existence.

How diverse do you want the opinions be? If there is such a distribution of opinions, it means people believe in them in such distributions, not because some views are being discouraged officially. We are as diverse as we can be, enabling the addition of any opinion except those deliberately aggravating to users(such as doxxing). How would you think you would make whatever you are asking for possible?
Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
This site does not systematically shut itself from an opinion
People were banned for certain opinions. I can link you examples, if you would like.

Further, people were muted in the past.

Also, people were reported a lot for small things.

In my view, there will be plenty of new users on this site, so we must be ready to adapt to their opinions and tolerate them instead of reaching for the report button or ban button.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
There are certain channels on youtube, like "Modern Debate", "AronRa", "Muslim Sceptic", "Kent Hovind official" that seem to have lots of followers interested in debates.

If we could somehow place ads on videos of channels like those, it could help bring some of those people here.

The main problem of this site is that people dont know it exists.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
All of which could have been down at any time by any member and nobody does a God damn thing. So what special privilege comes with being president that all of a sudden motivates people to want to do this shit. And why does it stop suddenly that everybody quits doing the job about a month or two in. You're not going to get any decent person to post here. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
All of which could have been down at any time by any member and nobody does a God damn thing.
I dont have the contact of any famous person. But if someone has, it would be great if we could get some popular youtuber to make a video about debateart, or any famous person at least mentioning debateart.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Intelligence_06
Banning people for speech is one issue, but it isn't the only way to discourage an opinion from being heard. If somebody drops a well thought out argument for why the human species should be abolished and then everyone comes into a thread and shits all over them instead of focusing on their premises, that is a form of censorship as well.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Best.Korea
There are certain channels on youtube, like "Modern Debate", "AronRa", "Muslim Sceptic", "Kent Hovind official" that seem to have lots of followers interested in debates.

If we could somehow place ads on videos of channels like those, it could help bring some of those people here.

The main problem of this site is that people dont know it exists.

I will put it in the official battle plan document

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Poly-witch

You're not going to get any decent person to post here. 

You are a decent person and I got you 9 additional days of posting here at minimum.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
@RM

People wonder why I am salty. All I will tell you is this:

Marathon, not a sprint.
Track record.
Yo RM, what I find hilarious about this is- you lost the vote among people who have been here longer and did better with people who haven’t.

You have a track record alright, a very bad one. This man has done everything you say he has, and all the voters knew it. Yet they still didn’t choose you. How bad does that make you?

If people knew you were a person that would act how you have post-election, Wylted would have won a landslide
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Yo RM, what I find hilarious about this is- you lost the vote among people who have been here longer and did better with people who haven’t.

You have a track record alright, a very bad one. This man has done everything you say he has, and all the voters knew it. Yet they still didn’t choose you. How bad does that make you?

If people knew you were a person that would act how you have post-election, Wylted would have won a landslide
Said person is entitled, passive-aggressive, and whiny. The entitlement cost them the election. It's easier in these circumstances for the loser to fault everyone else for not choosing them as president. I take it as a sign they're projecting blame as a way of compensating for these shortcomings. Most people are easy to read after-all.

While the alternate choice may or may not be qualified, it is fundamentally clear that the latter had the better temperament of the two and that's how they won.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
I wonder how many regretful RM voters are out there now that he shows his true colors. Another election today would definitely have further skewed results

Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Being dramatic and hyperemotional have always been his defining qualities. 
These temper tantrums aren't new behavior. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bmdrocks21

I see that you think so.

I see that those ignorant of what he has done on his alts voted him and the mods and lunatic and mikal voted me.

Shitposters and lurkers were his main support base.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
His first update is a litany of satire. Those that cannot see that after what I quoted are poor souls.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Those quotes are to prove it was satire? Wow . I will probably expand on them
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
Currently I am looking hard for people that can help me flesh out the rest of the phase one portion of the plan which must be completely done by April 1st.
It is a living document. The philosophy being, never stop improving and that the more people who contribute to the plans growth, the larger of a team I have to implement it. The date of April first is not when an event will occur which would be some evidence of a goal but just a date for the goal completion 

I am not a neutral third party
You thought the contest would be rigged, I gave you a 100% way to know for a fact it wasn't and instead of drawing 2 names you begin a pilpul with me.

Ramshutu suggested globeymcglobeface as a potential target for example and many others. There are hundreds of influencers like that who are willing to debate

I am going to assume the bolded words are a hint to what you assume is satirical. I am not familiar with all the people ramshutu suggested to target. If you look on TikTok I am sure you can find that user and evidence they will engage with people that are in the comments of their channel and that they love to debate. Two features we are looking for when targeting people. People have silly user names on social media sites. Sorry. 

Snail mail and cold calls are suggested because with more people moving to online advertising because of reach, I find the other venues mentioned get you more attention. 

reduce the power of the presidency to begin at the end of my term. We don't need presidents having access to private mod chats, they can ask the reasonings behind decisions in separate PMs. 
Presidents can maintain their power to overturn bans without access to more personal reasons for the bans and private information on users, a real security concern seeing as who we almost elected in a close election. 

Community driven development in this community is a betrayal to the values of future members of the site. Once growth has peaked it means we would have less than 20 current members many who will not be here after the growth, deciding what policies to subject thousands of people to. 

The control of the community is limited to controlling the culture of the site through their own actions.

He literally took credit for your work
I literally mentioned his name in the part you posted and consider anyone working on projects they run by me, as being a part of my administration.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
One rule for thee, another for me.

You are a hypocrite and someone I lost respect for a long time ago.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Look forward to snail mail spam and globeymcglobeface turning up.

*cringe*
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I sincerely believe you don't know who that is and don't actually have enough common sense to know if they aren't captured a portion of their audience will be anyway.