Abortion should be illegal, except for cases where it is a threat to the mother's life.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 148
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
Abortion is very wrong. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
It's largely about game theory, odds/probability and net-good for the society.

Couples that produced children very late into 20s and before sort of 43 in that gap, end up with the happiest and best off offspring. Those who rushed into it or do it later tend to generate problematic upbringings for a variety of reasons the foremost being lack of responsible fiscal management and planning.

If a couple has a child too early or late, they are likely to not only mess it up but very older couples tend to have genetic problems in their offspring, assuming the female hasn't hit menopause and can still germinate and nurture the zygote in her (or these days his/their) womb because older sperm are also weaker and prone to defects.

The reason why is barely understood but older males tend to produce offspring with mental and physical disorders far more often than those in the pocket of age I stated (but younger don't have an issue with males only females can be too genetically young as the womb is not instantly optimal just because puberty began nor is it legal to reproduce too young anyway).
Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
Abortion should be illegal, except for cases where it is a threat to the mother's life.
Is a claim I would support. Legalizing abortion leads to many problems. The loss of life and destruction of life is not anyone's right. Wasting resources to perform abortions is in itself a damage to our society. Legalizing abortions makes forced abortions and serial abortions more likely to happen. It also encourages lower birth rates. There are, of course, cases where abortions should be allowed. But one must be careful when selecting these cases. If we know that child will only live for a short amount of time after birth and then die in pain, the abortion would save that child from pain. Of course, we should disregard the reasons such as "I am not ready to raise a child" and "I cant afford it" as valid for abortion. Those are obvious lies that can be used by anyone giving anyone an excuse to kill their child. So if a woman wants to have an abortion, she should give valid reason for it.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
How would you penalize abortion if you were in charge?  Banning ANY action requires a punishment.
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
It doesnt matter if abortion is legal or not, that wouldn decrease the abortion rate because people do it anyway and it's possible nowadays to abort using a single pill without the presence of a phisician, I think only for cases of pregnancy at up to 6 weeks.

I'm not saying it should be legal but I think the solution should be focused on stupid women that don't take care themselves and get pregnant so stupidly. Its not like europeans for example who are very careful to not get fvcked up with an unintended pregnancy. Sexual education is the key.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
How would you penalize abortion if you were in charge?  Banning ANY action requires a punishment.
Well for starters, all abortion cases would have to go to court. Just the same as if a cop shoots someone. It may be justified, but we need to make sure it was. Abortion would be classified as murder, so it would be the same as first degree murder. 

Both the mother and the doctor should be prosecuted. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@IlDiavolo
It doesnt matter if abortion is legal or not, that wouldn decrease the abortion rate because people do it anyway and it's possible nowadays to abort using a single pill without the presence of a phisician, I think only for cases of pregnancy at up to 6 weeks.
Yes it would decrease the abortion rate. It's common knowledge that when you make something illegal, the instances of that thing happening goes down. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@IlDiavolo
I'm not saying it should be legal but I think the solution should be focused on stupid women that don't take care themselves and get pregnant so stupidly. Its not like europeans for example who are very careful to not get fvcked up with an unintended pregnancy. Sexual education is the key.
Yes, we should educate people on the risks of having sex. It would also work better to say," hey, if you get pregnant, you have to go through with the pregnancy, so be carful." 

If we keep it legal, then it doesn't matter how much sexual education we give, people will still use it to there advantage. 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yes it would decrease the abortion rate. It's common knowledge that when you make something illegal, the instances of that thing happening goes down. 
Yeah, like alcohol prohibition back in the 20s. Lol.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@IlDiavolo
Yeah, like alcohol prohibition back in the 20s. Lol
Your comparing alcohol to abortion??
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Abortion is a medical procedure. There's no morality tied to it unless you're going to shove your religion in someone else's face. Women hating fucks.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
America disagrees
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Abortion is a medical procedure. There's no morality tied to it unless you're going to shove your religion in someone else's face. Women hating fucks.
Well, as long as murder is morally wrong the abortion is as well.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Who is being murdered? Show me the birth certificate, show me their social security number, show me their residents, show me a picture of them. Let me see the autopsy.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yes, I am. Same with drugs.

And I bet you in the states that abortion is prohibited, the rate won't change.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Who is being murdered? Show me the birth certificate, show me their social security number, show me their residents, show me a picture of them. Let me see the autopsy.
Watch the video. Would you still not consider that murder?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I'm not clicking any link on this website to jack shit. I presented my argument, abortion isn't pretty, doesn't mean it's murder or morally wrong.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@IlDiavolo
Yes, I am. Same with drugs.

And I bet you in the states that abortion is prohibited, the rate won't change.
Ok.

In California abortion is legal, and in Texas, abortion is illegal, so let's compare. They have similar populations. 

In California, the abortion rate is:  "19.5 to 16.4 abortions per 1,000 women of reproductive age."
California makes up literally 15.4% of all abortions in the USA. 

In Texas, the abortion rate is: "Around 50,000 to 55,000 Texans obtained abortions each year from 2014-21."
"In 2019, 21,826 abortions were performed for Hispanic individuals, which is about 8 abortions per 1,000 Hispanic women..."
So yes, making abortion illegal does change the rate drastically. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I'm not clicking any link on this website to jack shit. I presented my argument, abortion isn't pretty, doesn't mean it's murder or morally wrong.
Well, then I have a question for you:
What should be the exact cutoff point for abortion in your opinion. Surely there has to be one, because if there wasn't we would be promoting murder. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I'm not sure if youve read carefully your text, but the data you provided for Texas says "8 abortions per 1,000 Hispanic women...". So, does it mean the rate is even more if we consider the rest of ethnic groups (blacks and whites)? I think so.

Check again, please.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You can play stupid all you want to you're not going to change the way I feel or think about it. And I will vote pro-choice up until a second before that kid's head comes out the fucking canal to spite mother fuckers like you. 
Well, what is your reason for this cutoff point? Why does the second before the baby comes out of the mother's body, determine a morally wrong thing to kill. What makes that distinction. What changed in that moment that make it wrong to kill?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I've already answered these questions in another post do you know why they're coming back up here again cause you started like six topics that involve fucking abortion, your goddamn obsessed with it. Get the fuck over it, we get it, you really hate women have freedom.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I've already answered these questions in another post do you know why they're coming back up here again cause you started like six topics that involve fucking abortion, your goddamn obsessed with it. Get the fuck over it, we get it, you really hate women have freedom.
Well, if you haven't already realized, I'm too lazy to go through 6 pages of answers just to find yours. So, answer the simple question.

Well, what is your reason for this cutoff point? Why does the second before the baby comes out of the mother's body, determine a morally wrong thing to kill. What makes that distinction. What changed in that moment that make it wrong to kill?

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Fuck you, woman hater.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@IlDiavolo
California: 
So about 200,000 to 300,000 abortions a year. 

Texas:
About 50,000 abortions a year.

So, there is a 150,000 abortion difference, just from making it illegal. 
Thats 150,000 lives you just saved. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I win.

YAY.

And I don't hate women. I just hate murdering babies. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I think I understand why you were banned. You have no debating ability, and all you do is complain. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Eat a dick, woman hater.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Making abortion illegal and unsafe is a threat to the mothers life regardless.
Be honest, you don’t care about women and young girls.

You would be focused on preventing these circumstances in the first place if you were genuine. 
Maybe focusing on better healthcare and/or looking at expenses of raising children.
Don’t you want a healthy nuclear family?