Activity crashed with the recent bans

Author: thett3

Total: 67
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
note how this place is a ghost town after the recent bans of wylted and rationalmadman. Controversial members can be annoying and obviously you can’t let them go too crazy but they act as a giant boost of energy to the site. Idk what RM was banned for (looks like he is back already) but banning wylted over a thread attacking me when no one even asked if I was bothered by it was dumb 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@thett3
Seems there is always someone to pick up the slack.
Logical-Master
Debates: 6
Logical-Master
Wylted and rationalmadman? They always struck me as being upstanding gentleman. Why did they get banned?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Logical-Master
They put their elbows on the table while eating.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Logical-Master
Castin can tell you about Wylted; Wylted will be back in 3 days. RM was banned for repeatedly threatening other users and engaging in personal attacks. RM's ban was only 2 days.
thett3
thett3
-->
@bsh1
sounds like it was justified then and hopefully he learned his lesson. Obviously you can’t allow that and I’m not saying you should...I just think it’s important to note that the controversy that certain users generate can sometimes kick start a lot interesting discussion and pull in some less attached users 

idk why wylted was banned. He seems to have an incredibly tight leash, I didn’t even get a warning for doing something far worse than what he did in that debate 
thett3
thett3
i’m a case in point i had pretty much abandoned this site until someone told me wylted had returned and I wanted to watch the fireworks, now i’ve dropped some good posts in the politics section I’m in a debate, joined a few hangouts etc. kinda a peverse incentive but it needs to be pointed out
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Logical-Master
Wyl was banned for some personal attacks. Ban'll be over in a few days.
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@thett3
hopefully he learned his lesson
Funny XD
thett3
thett3
-->
@Castin
where do you draw the line between a personal attack and banter?
Castin
Castin
-->
@thett3
I just base it on the tone of the message. If that attack thread he made about you had been an isolated incident, I wouldn't have recommended the temp ban, if it matters. On its own, in a vacuum, I would've said that incident merited a warning.

I take it you weren't the one who reported that thread then (I don't ask). But regardless of whether it bothered you, someone did report it, and call-out threads are blatant violations of the CoC under direct attacks. I totally get the whole "oh please who was it hurting" thing, trust me, but I also can't just ignore rulebreaking because no one's crying.

thett3
thett3
-->
@Castin
i disagree, you probably should ignore something if the ostensible victim isn’t offended. I didn't take it as an attack, I took it as banter between long time friends. under this standard I can’t make fun of my friends or vice versus because someone unaware of the context might view it as one person attacking another when that isn’t actually the case. Imo outside of something really egregious like doxxing i think you should interview the “victim” 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@thett3
Mood that day, personal preference. You know all about it.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@bsh1
When can we expect ethang5 to return?
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
I was banned for sticking up to your buddy REF. He called me a pathetic autistic waste of space and basically berated me in several different ways even post-ban and still isn't reprimanded for it whatsoever.

Spacetime joined in on a separate occasion and so did samstevens and drafterman in their own ways, the worst abuse coming to me via comments section of a deleted debate and also on comments of his own debate from Wylted. Wylted spread rumours that I'm some kind of serial doxxer among other horseshit accusations and somehow that's all fine and dandy to spread about me. I actually like being seen as a bigger threat than I am because it lets me rest for a few days, if not a couple weeks.

I don't care about the BS-standard that threatening people to stop abusing me or facing punishment is worse than snitching behind their backs and getting them punished more brutally but from now on I'll do a bit of... Well, both/neither. I will just click the red flag and not contact bsh1. I am done crying or whining. I will let some of their other victims or others who are disgusted by how they abuse me be the ones who fight for me, meanwhile I will work on other things like getting this corrupt hypocrite out of his seat of power.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
I was also banned for sticking up to said people on behalf of others, it wasn't just a me vs them thing. One of those users was Raltar hence his disgust at my banning.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Bsh1 also told me he'd come up with a single explanation of how posting the amount of humiliation and abuse that you did in that story is acceptable just because it's an off-site link that you linked to on-site and even tried to gain money for writing previously. It names and shames people who are both from DDO history and on DA presently and he insisted he'd look into it and explain to me why he's going to consider that okay even though he also admitted that if I posted abuse off-site and linked to it on-site that there'd definitely be punishments.

I'm still sitting and waiting for that explanation.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
I was banned for sticking up to your buddy REF. He called me a pathetic autistic waste of space and basically berated me in several different ways even post-ban and still isn't reprimanded for it whatsoever.

Interesting, I wonder if he was even offended by the thing that caused you to get banned. He has an extremely thick skin. This could be another case of a dumb ban. I don’t know the full story, though
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Not offended, apparently pissing his pants terrified of me doxxing him and killing him IRL so much so that I had to be banned for the protection of those I had terrified with my threats. LOL

^^ I have never done this, nor did I say I would.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
Bsh1 also told me he'd come up with a single explanation of how posting the amount of humiliation and abuse that you did in that story is acceptable just because it's an off-site link that you linked to on-site and even tried to gain money for writing previously. It names and shames people who are both from DDO history and on DA presently and he insisted he'd look into it and explain to me why he's going to consider that okay even though he also admitted that if I posted abuse off-site and linked to it on-site that there'd definitely be punishments.
All great artists of the past have faced censorship so I welcome it. It will only make me stronger

and btw I’m not making any money off of it 1) I’m pretty sure no one other than my little friend group bought it and I didn’t expect them to and 2) it’s literally set at the lowest price point for a paperback—it’s being sold “at cost” i get nothing from a sale 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
I am curious not about you or why you did it, you've never been a big enemy of mine from start of me infamy to now. You have always been among the least-vile of my enemies out of the enemy-group so I have very little beef with you. I was asking him if it would be okay if I did that with an off-site google doc and he insisted absolutely not. Then I asked why it's okay that you did it, he said "I'll look into it"... a week later... No response.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
i have two theories: 1) I can get away with it because he was so flattered by my portrayal of him as a buff pirate 

2) i think he’s a Harry Potter fan so he probably remembers from the fifth book when harry has that interview with Luna’s paper that the best way to ensure everyone reads something is to try to ban it 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
I'm with Wylted on which of those 2 is the case.                                                     :)
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
your relationship with wylted will continue to evolve, like a movie. Two quirky former enemies unite against an unjust government. you’re the jaded military veteran (since you used to support bsh), wylted is the rebel without a cause. The audience is left in suspense about the alliegence of one of the side kicks (me)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Not really. I am the single biggest non-mod influencer in his getting banned and he and I have mutual-block and we're both too stubborn to unblock the other.

I do not see that as the path to go down. I do see a lot more light in the path Drafterman has been taking and what he's been striving towards. While I regret how good and how passionate i was at stopping him, I am also somewhat regretful that I didn't sit back and question my ego first. Drafterman likes to berate the person he opposes, which includes me, in his quest to achieve what he sees as right. This led to me and him also mutually blocking one another and again the same issue occurs as neither him nor Wylted contact me outside of this site, although Wylted and I have been on Hangouts together at a rare occasion here and there.

I don't really think you know how I will achieve what I want and I think that's a good thing. In the end I will win because I will genuinely, undeniably, be as powerful in stopping bsh1 as I was at stopping Drafterman inciting rebellion against him. I am not really concerned with who I side with or against, I care only that I side with myself and with Justice.

This is what separates me from both Wylted, Drafterman AND Bsh1; I define myself by myself. I do not define myself or my actions by what they oppose(d) and how they broke their code to get there. I do admit, I have flexibility in morals because to me application of one's 'code' is everything that defines it in the end but I also don't admit that the core ideas are irrelevant. In practise, the closest thing to me in DDO and DA history is basically negligible. You haven't seen a leader like me yet, not even close to it. I'd say the most 'unlike me' would be Mikal as President or Bossy as leading the 'anti-all-president' campaign and whatever else was going on then. I am not here to cause chaos, I'm here to embrace it to achieve order later on.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
Not really. I am the single biggest non-mod influencer in his getting banned and he and I have mutual-block and we're both too stubborn to unblock the other 
I’ll ask Wylted to unblock you when he gets back
Raltar
Debates: 4
Raltar
I would just like to throw in that the banned users aren't the only ones who have been less active lately. My distrust of the mods has also made me less active on the site. 

The community on this site is very small. I really don't think it can afford to run people off by letting the mods alienate parts of the user base.

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Mharman
In about a week from this post.
Castin
Castin
-->
@thett3
i disagree, you probably should ignore something if the ostensible victim isn’t offended. I didn't take it as an attack, I took it as banter between long time friends. under this standard I can’t make fun of my friends or vice versus because someone unaware of the context might view it as one person attacking another when that isn’t actually the case. Imo outside of something really egregious like doxxing i think you should interview the “victim” 
I think call-out threads are trouble, period. If I allow one, we'd have to allow them all. And they're dynamite, because of their personal incendiary nature.

It's not like I don't try to read the room or gauge the feelings of the involved parties as a factor, though. And already personal attacks can go unmoderated if no one makes a report.

But to be clear, so you're saying you want a policy like: If Member A personally attacks Member B, and someone other than the victim (Member B) reports it, mods should have to ask the victim whether they agree with the report before they take any action against the rulebreaking?

thett3
thett3
-->
@Castin
I think call-out threads are trouble, period. If I allow one, we'd have to allow them all. And they're dynamite, because of their personal incendiary nature. 

so? it's a debate site, controversy is the entire point. usually calling something dynamite means its cool

But to be clear, so you're saying you want a policy like: If Member A personally attacks Member B, and someone other than the victim (Member B) reports it, mods should have to ask the victim whether they agree with the report before they take any action against the rulebreaking? 
Context matters. This is a site with MAYBE two dozen members and three (four?) moderators, it wouldn't be that hard to take things on a case by case basis. I think it's a bit ridiculous that Wylted was banned for an entire week, on a site that really needs people, for an attack on me that I saw as banter. I am the victim here and am telling you i do not want any punishment for this action. shouldnt there be a way for me not to "press charges" so to speak? 

my friends and I used to box at this park. one time, it was night and from a distance it must've looked like we were actually fighting so someone called the police on us. when the police got there and we explained the situation, no one got in trouble even though we would've if we were actually fighting...do you see? context matters. I understand why you did what you did at first (even if i think it's excessive) but here i am explaining the situation...i was not offended, it was banter between friends...no reason to punish him