-->
@coal
You can tell from his very... Preachy prose, that he is indeed YYW
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@KingArthur
Well, there shouldn't have been any doubt.  This is YYW.  I am betrayed by my nature, and that nature is to be preachy. 
KingArthur
Debates: 1
KingArthur
-->
@coal
Only you would make an AMA with a new account and tag it with your old account name my friend.

Here's your challenge. Figure out who I was in our past DDO life. Doesn't have to be today or tomorrow or next week but if you can figure it out I'll give you mad props. 

*Thumbs up emoji*

coal
coal
-->
@KingArthur
The more you talk with me, the more likely I am to figure out who you were.  But of course, we both know I already know, because of what you just said. 
KingArthur
KingArthur
-->
@coal
I doubt that so quickly. I'd be a tiny bit surprised if you figured it out that fast but I don't think you have.

Au revoir
coal
coal
-->
@KingArthur
You bet....
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@coal
Did Steve King commit treason or sedition?

Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Is sovereign default (that is, a declaration by a state of nullification of public or private debt), in full or in part, justified if in response to and proportionate to large-scale capital flight?
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@KingArthur
ConservativePolitico
coal
coal
-->
@Earth
Steve King, to my knowledge, has done nothing seditious or treasonous. lol
coal
coal
-->
@RationalMadman
Correct
coal
coal
-->
@Swagnarok
No. 
coal
coal
Btw., the way I get Conservative Politico is by asking these questions:

1. Who do I know that was on DDO who has not yet revealed themselves on DA?  That narrows the scope pretty considerably.
2.  Of those people, who at or near my last interaction with them would have understood me to be (a) preachy, (b) yet who also would have regarded me as an old friend, and (c) in our "past life"? That cuts the set of what remained after the first question into about 1/8th of what it was before. 
3.  Whose activity not just in relation to me would want me to go searching for them on DDO?  Someone who would know that there would be a history to find; not an insignificant one, and someone who views their prior contributions as significant? 

That brings it down to two: Imabench and ConservativePolitico. Note: I'm friends with Ima on Facebook, so he wouldn't fit. 

Must be ConservativePolitico.  90% confidence. 
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@coal
Well, I guess that's the answer I should've expected. But imagine this:

The government begins some big spending program. Say, the Green New Deal, which I've heard might cost up to 90 trillion dollars, which obviously would mean a dramatic tax hike. But whatever, this is a hypothetical so you can substitute the Green New Deal for anything you want.
Or for whatever reason, let's say. Companies and affluent persons/parties begin pulling their money out of the United States at such an alarming and sudden rate that the national GDP is cut in half.
So let's say, for purposes of simplification, the GDP goes from 20 trillion to 10 trillion overnight. And there's no indication that our country would be getting that money back any time soon, if ever. At the same time, the increase in the national debt over time was largely predicated upon the assumption that such an event would not occur (that is, that we'd be rich enough to ensure that the debt was manageable, that if need be we could begin shrinking it significantly over a certain period of time, that we could afford to pay down the annual interest on said debt, etc).
So at that point the national debt is doubled for all intents and purposes, so far as our ability to pay goes.

So at that point, other countries would be the ones in a position to tax that wealth. Even if they aren't, the fact remains that we can't because they gave that money somewhere to go to. Obviously there are a lot of small tax haven countries that don't hold a lot of US debt so this wouldn't work to simply target them. Rather, we would simply have to consider "the rest of the world" as in contrast to the United States.

If the "rest of the world" is holding on to the wealth that we could be using to pay off or otherwise manage the national debt to whatever degree, and thereby preventing us from using that money for that purpose, I would propose that we deduct from the national debt according to a formula that calculates how much we would've (or, could've, under normal tax rates, accounting for the fact that realistically most of it would not go towards that purpose under normal conditions) collected in taxes. Under these circumstances I'd even be hesitant to call it sovereign default, but rather a fine or penalty imposed for damages incurred to our economy, of a severity that was equivalent to the severity of said damage.
Understand, of course, that the measure I've described would be reserved for a national emergency like what I've described above. This kind of deduction would NOT be made every year under normal circumstances to compensate for normal rates of capital flight, because of course to do it to any degree harms the reputation of the United States as a debtor, and quite severely. But if we're stuck with this unpayable debt because they bailed on us, then I'd hardly call the US government the most heinous offender here.
KingArthur
KingArthur
-->
@coal
Yah got me.

Not bad. Good deductive reasoning. 

I approve.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@KingArthur
No fucking credit for the guy who actually called it knowing less about you than YYW does and being the legendary RM. Yeah just congratulate YYW after he 'agreed' to me.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@coal
1. Who do I know that was on DDO who has not yet revealed themselves on DA?

That brings it down to two: Imabench and ConservativePolitico.

Who was 'Pro' in this debate? https://www.debateart.com/debates/55

KingArthur
KingArthur
-->
@RationalMadman
Uh, congrats.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@KingArthur
Backing Civid wasn't a great move but I too stood by DI which ended up longer lasting but equally defeated.

Welcome to DA, I will enjoy battling you some day on the Formal battlefield.
KingArthur
KingArthur
-->
@RationalMadman
Yeah man. Thanks. I really thought civid was gonna be better lol. I never had an issue with you so looking forward to it.
Earth
Earth
-->
@coal
Do you know LegalEagle on youtube?
coal
coal
-->
@Earth
No.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@coal
Who are you and why are you doing this? 
Tejretics
Tejretics
Why did you prefer Bernie Sanders to Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election? Would appreciate a detailed answer (since you asked to specify whether I wanted you to expand on anything), thanks.

Why do you support single-payer healthcare in the United States? I’m uncertain, but leaning against it at the moment.

Why do you prefer a UBI to a negative income tax?

Earth
Earth
-->
@coal
When was the last time you been in a fast food joint (eg McD, Taco Bell etc)?
coal
coal
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I am the league of shadows.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
Are you angry with Mueller?
coal
coal
-->
@Earth
Chic Filet, about five weeks ago.
coal
coal
-->
@Tejretics
I will answer you, but it's going to take a while.  In the mean time, think of more questions lol
coal
coal
-->
@Greyparrot
No.