AMA (YYW)

Author: coal

Total: 664
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I recall you liked Ojeda. Do you like Yang similarly? Do you believe Yang could surge to be a juggernaut in the coming months like Trump did?
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@coal
Who do you think will Edson Barboza vs Justin Gaethje? (Going with Justin)
How about JoshEmmett vs MichaelJohnson? (Going with Johnson)
How about KarolinaKowalkiewicz vs MichelleWaterson? (Going with Karolina)
These are the fights that interest. Hopefully you watch UFC.

Here is batman beating you up:
Enjoy

coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@TheRealNihilist
i don't really watch UFC... sorry bud.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@coal
Who is the worst person you know of (That I would know)?
Who is the best person you know of (That I would know)?

I would know if they are a celebrity so no-one who isn't famous or relevant on some platform like Twitch or YouTube. 
coal
coal
-->
@TheRealNihilist
>Who is the worst person you know of (That I would know)?

Close tie between Logan Paul or Jake Paul.  Lil' Tay's mother is in competition for that award as well. 

>Who is the best person you know of (That I would know)?

Phillip DeFranco.
Titanium
Debates: 2
Titanium
-->
@coal
Have you ever back handed someone in the face?  If not was there a situation where you really wanted to or thought someone deserved it?
coal
coal
-->
@Titanium
>Have you ever back handed someone in the face?  If not was there a situation where you really wanted to or thought someone deserved it?

Back handing isn't my style, so, no.  I have, however, gotten physical when it was necessary and have no reservations about doing so.  The times where I have wanted to get physical but have refrained from doing so are too numerous to count. 

Titanium
Titanium
O.O.  Interesting. So wanting to beat someone down is a challenge that may come up in a normal day.

I'd have to think about it to remember the last time it came up for me... I do struggle with road rage but I just flick the person off then I'm done.
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@coal
I wonder.  My family was just not violent, pacifists you might say.  Were you exposed to violence growing up at all?
coal
coal
-->
@Titanium
I don't get road rage.  That's...  a waste of energy.

Titanium
Titanium
-->
@coal
well I do not normally but I've been traveling so much between two locations it's that the frustration is intense and a new thing I'm dealing with.  It is a waste of energy but that doesn't change the feels.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
If I'm exhausted after a 75 meter sprint, does that mean I'm ridiculously out of shape?
coal
coal
-->
@Swagnarok
No.
Earth
Earth
-->
@coal
What are you doing Saturday evening?
coal
coal
-->
@Earth
I don't have plans, but i'll probably be doing something with the boyfriend. 
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@coal
Are there any forum topics or debates you might be interested in?
Earth
Earth
-->
@coal
Nice. I got the day off work so I am probably going to hang around home.
coal
coal
-->
@Earth
Maybe people should do a hangout... I might join.  I might not.  You never know with me. 
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@coal
I wish I knew how to better approach the issue.  I read an estimate recently that something like 50% (some large amount) of factory jobs could be challenged by automation in the near future.  My first thought is the great potential for humanitarian strides, as new machines may be able to compete with sweatshops and other issues.  But also, I wonder whether the cheaper goods will be able to offset the lower demand for blue collar jobs.  Overall I believe the process of automation is going to prove beneficial for most everyone, but there are transitional challenges best accounted for sooner than later.  Have you put any thought into this subject?
Earth
Earth
-->
@coal
I got my camera tapped over, so I can't join.
coal
coal
-->
@Earth
Yes, you can. 

coal
coal
-->
@Snoopy
No one really knows what impact automation is going to have, precisely at least. 

Automation will continue to displace workers, as it already has to a considerable degree.  It will also probably bring back managerial and administrative jobs to the United States.  We are probably 20-30 years away from stage 6 fully autonomous vehicles.  So, that means that transportation will still, to some degree, require humans for at least one more generation.  After that, transportation is probably not going to require human beings. That is probably going to cause the biggest disruption to American labor markets, because about 15% of US workers jobs depend on the transportation industries. 

Automation will not take all jobs, however.  Construction and engineering jobs are quite safe from automation, for the most part.  The reason is because even with the most sophisticated visual image processing software, radar, lidar, and everything else; you need a person to pour concrete into a building foundation, remodel an office space, or do any of the things that construction people and workers do.  Especially the more sophisticated work in commercial and mixed use properties.  There is some very complex and sophisticated stuff that goes into building them.  Now, we can barely get robots to do the most simple form of brick laying. While the exact limits aren't quite defined, the more complicated and sophisticated a task, the less likely a robot will ever be able to do it.

The hardest hit by automation, I think, is going to be developing counties.  Namely, India, Pakistan, China, and the South Pacific.  The whole thing that automation potentially offers is in replacing low-skill wage labor with something much simpler, and, which involves a higher capital investment in the short term, will be dramatically more productive in the long term with much less risk.  For example, robots do not require workers compensation insurance (as human beings do, in the first world), because they do not get injured on the job; they only get broken, and can be repaired or replaced, the cost of which involves an insurance that is a lot likely to cost companies a lot less than comp insurance does now.   That among other costs has already driven most manufacturing jobs out of the first world, though.  But now, sweat shop labor will be less economical than automation.  That's going to have serious consequences for a lot of places. 
Rosalie
Debates: 0
Rosalie
-->
@coal
Are you still a thing?
coal
coal
-->
@Rosalie
Obviously, not.   You are not even reading words on this page.  Instead, I am an apparition, which is only a "thing" in a metaphysical sense; and, in that way, not a "thing" because there is no such thing as a metaphysical thing. 
Rosalie
Rosalie
-->
@coal
Join the hangout.
coal
coal
-->
@Rosalie
There is no hangout 
Rosalie
Rosalie
-->
@coal
Yeah join, so we can start one. 
Earth
Earth
-->
@coal
Thoughts on incels?
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@coal
Thoughts on Pete Buttigieg?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
What policy would stop or deter the 85% asylum refugee seekers that have no legal case for asylum?