Debates: 0
disgusted
What happened to him? And why?
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
Even I agree here, what really did he do to deserve such a longer ban than fucking GOLDTOP or you?

I get the ban, I don't get the length vs the length of the 2 of you who intentionally, regularly provoke him.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@disgusted
He was banned for making personal attacks. He will be back soon.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bsh1
Thank you.

disgusted
disgusted
@mad
What exactly are you agreeing with?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
The ban making next to no sense given other factors and lack of bans and duration elsewhere in relation to it.
disgusted
disgusted
@mad
And where did you see that in order that you agree with it?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
In the tone of the rhetorical question of the thread's OP.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@DebateArt.com
@bsh1
Actually he said he won't be back. I think he was disappointed at the ban. I've kinda gotten tired of this moderation bashing personally bc i have better things to do irl... but, he's another i don't agree with. You are banning people with this type of personality that we have come to accept over years of interacting with said person. Everyone knows how he acts, and we still engage bc deep down we have probably come to respect said person's resolve. At least, that's how it is for me. All i can say is you'll destroy the site if you keep banning people that are the most active and usually get people involved. It's a dangerous game this site is playing. It's expecting a little more comfort but sacrificing community for that comfort. It's honestly sickening to me bc i have thick skin and i can handle it... and not only that, the internet is the best place to practice dealing with humans that are like the opposition that offends you. It's seems this site wants to bury its head in the sand and pretend offense isn't part of this world. I can understand higher offenses that are malicious... but i would still not want a person banned if it's done within context. If it's malicious and done without any provocation... then i think it deserves a ban. That's how DDO was. That's how most sites with the highest amounts of users are. Bc that's life. People get better for it and i 100% believe that. It's really up to you how you do what you do. Since i am stuck using this site i will use it anyways. But understand, it will be really easy for me to leave this site bc of issues like this. I feel the more you moderate too much, the easier it will be for everyone to leave once another platform becomes viable and in the spotlight. So i guess this is a warning to you and like i said a dangerous game this sites playing at, so i hope Mike reads it as well. He may come back, he may not... all i can say, if not, than that will be a big blow to the site. Hopefully he changes his mind. This site honestly seems like there is more drama bc of this over moderation bw users themselves and in general. The irony.   
disgusted
disgusted
@mad
The questions were in no way rhetorical and there was no tone. You made a post publicly declaring that you agree with what you think. woopy.

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Outplayz
I am sad to hear he won't be back, though he'll be able to if he wants. His posts are often interesting and insightful. That said, I disagree with your point of view. I am not going to give breaks to people because they are naturally cantankerous; it's their job to be aware of that and to manage it within the limits of the COC (which is not much to ask). But, I am aware that there is a concern about overmoderation, and that is something which needs to continue to be addressed.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
But you sure are laissez-faire on the ones intentionally provoking said people in calculated, repetitive strikes that are themselves toxic yeah? Nice one.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Outplayz
In response.
Added: 12.03.18 04:59AM
--> @ethang5
I would like to personally thank Ethan for bringing this to our attention. In the past, many of Ethans posts contain claims in which no evidence was provided, however this time, Ethan provides ample evidence. Clearly, he is an expert on this topic as we can plainly see by just a small example of his many posts. Please enjoy Ethans presentation of hard evidence of bullying others...

Did I not tell you to shut up and goaway?

Why do crazy people always want toshout at others?

Now, take your stinky mattress andbe gone. You can't tell anyone anything. You're just a loony guy on the net. Goaway, we can smell you.

You are a nobody moron.

You cannot tell me what to do. Youobviously have mental issues. How many people have told you that?

No one wants to talk to you, orrespond to your irrational posts, with it's weird symbols and fragmented ideas.

Shut up, and go away.

No, you just an online idiot with a mental illness.

Shut up and go away.

I don't care how many of you other mental patients you havewith you. Shut up and go away.

You are not sane. No one wants you yelling at them. I don't care what youthink.

You are nothing more than an internet loonie, making loonie posts.

Shut up, and go away.

That is why the jails are full of you mental patients. Youare nobody. You are mentally handicapped.

Please shut up and go away. Your opinion trumps on one else's.

You are like the deranged bum who stumbles into a wedding party. You stink, youare loud and stupid, and no one wants you around.

Shut up. Go away

Hey, moron. No matter how many timesyou repost stupidity, you will get the same answer. Shut up and go away.

Or should I post in gibberish do youunderstand?

][:--(  )--:]**[  ed][:--( Tr&u%++se *v* ouite @@@ m0r0n.

It means shut your retarded mouthand go away.

Oho! You do speak English! Or didyour meds just kick in?

Obsessions? You are the moronposting the same gibberish over and over again. What is wrong with you?Psychosis?

You are so stupid, you're addressingother posts not even in this thread. How retarded are you? The bottom line is,

Shut up and go away.

Everyone thinks you are a nut.Hardly anyone answers your scatterbrain posts. All you do is clog up the boardand kill threads, like you killed the Star Trek thread. My goodness, you wentfull loony on that one, posting complete gibberish in repeated posts to no one.

I have nothing to do with you. Youropinions are that of a crazy loon.

Shut up. Go away.

Your hero exposed.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
Context always matters.
disgusted
disgusted
As I said: Exposed.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
Yeah you know what, ethang wouldn't be defending my honour here so why the fuck should I be defending his?

Do what you want, I admit the guy's toxic on a regular basis and not in a funny nor in a 'for good reasons' way either. I do, however, think he's being intentionally preyed on by 3 specific members and that all 3 should be banned. I can say that but I can't name them in this same message because that will be a mod-action-threat.
disgusted
disgusted
@mad
Ooh when the hunter becomes the hunted it is time of great fear and irrational lashing out, which culminates in a ban and wailing and gnashing of teeth.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
I am unsure if you are referring to him or myself and if it's me what the fuck are you referring to? Even in my old RM days of DDO I never was the 'hunter who got hunted' I don't 'go for' people and run them off the site. That's the MO of the only enemy of mine ruthless enough to think he could win long-term against me and who was lucky enough to actually believe he had thanks to a Mod that was infatuated with him at the time.

You have very much to learn if you think RM is one to lash out irrationally too but you are correct that originally RM did at times not quite calculate his aggression all that much. When I say 'originally' I am talking 4+ years back.
disgusted
disgusted
I'm sick of trying to teach reading comprehension on this site.
whatthef
whatthef
-->
@disgusted
Does it matter? 

And why do you care?

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@disgusted
I can’t think of a more fitting or ironic tribute to Ethangs ban, than this thread:  someone making a particular claim about his ban - that claim being disproven with hard evidence - then the person making the claim doubling down and dismissed all the evidence. It’s like a microcosm

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@whatthef
I asked two questions. What is your problem?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Ramshutu
What claims?
Castin
Castin
I already miss him. It just won't be the same without him.
Goldtop
Goldtop
fucking GOLDTOP

I do, however, think he's being intentionally preyed on by 3 specific members and that all 3 should be banned.

But you sure are laissez-faire on the ones intentionally provoking

The real question here is why you only got banned 2 days?
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Castin
I'm curious, after reading the contents of post #13 here and the many vile posts just like it from Ethan, what exactly do you miss?
Castin
Castin
-->
@Goldtop
I know he was a controversial member, but most of the people I saw him attack were controversial members themselves, to put it lightly. But I'll miss his posts which could be quite interesting, his presence as a strong theist and conservative personality, because I like hearing a strong voice from the other side, the times we joked around, and the discussions we had.
Goldtop
Goldtop
You have very much to learn if you think RM is one to lash out irrationally

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Castin
could be quite interesting, his presence as a strong theist and conservative personality

Uhhhhh... oookkkaaayyy...

*shakes head in utter confusion*
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
As I said, you have much to learn if you think that was irrational.